Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Brute

Hooked
How is the electricity & water situation? Are the major roads open? Schools open? Ever since Irma came on the scene, it seems the Houston area has taken a back seat...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

I believe most everything has been restored as far as electricity and water. I was helping gut a house yesterday that you couldn't get to until Sunday. They were between the two reservoirs near I10 so the flooding came after the storm.

Lot of people got a long road ahead of them.

Sent from my LG-H872 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mikeyboc

Well guys here he is introducing "TITAN "
View attachment 254290
By the way I have FREE take offs from my 2015 JKUR,springs,shocks, front track bar, front lower control arms, rear lower control arms,front and rear stock end links, spyder trax 1.5" spacers, 1" front coil spacers, stock Rubi Rails, 52"& 50" windshield light bar brackets,2 sets of 4" pod brackets,all free to an active Houston area WAYALIFE member. All I ask in return is that you need them and use them and not try to sell them. I know that this jeep life can be very pricey and I would like to help if I can. All so I have stock rubi wheels and tires with TMPS , no rash and 6000 miles on them for $700. Thx

Thanks again bud. It was good to meet you and good luck on your trip.

Amrth

Its saddening to see the aftermath pictures .. really a long road to recovery, I'm wondering on the financial burden on home owners who have no insurance! Even with folks with insurance I believe they still have some damages to take care for themselves!!!

Jackal01

Its saddening to see the aftermath pictures .. really a long road to recovery, I'm wondering on the financial burden on home owners who have no insurance! Even with folks with insurance I believe they still have some damages to take care for themselves!!!
My friend didn't have flood insurance. Only got a couole inches...just eniugh to cover carpet. He is doing all work himself, with the help of us of course. Lucky to be done by end of year. Probably looking at $20k. And that's for him. Contracting out would be what...double, triple?

98XJ06LJ

I just moved to Houston in January for work. Didn't want to leave Colorado but I followed the money, took a job here and bought a house. I was a Wildland Firefighter in Colorado and have fought very large fires, this flood is so widespread and there are so many people affected it's unlike anything I've seen. The news coverage really doesn't do it justice. Luckily I have flood insurance, my adjuster told me only 17 percent of homes affected by hurricane Harvey had flood insurance. That leaves hundreds of thousands of people with out any help. This will take a very long time to recover from and many will never live life the same as before. I was fortunate and didn't lose any vehicles but my new house looks like this.....

Attachments

• IMG_20170902_173259381.jpg
    IMG_20170902_173259381.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20170904_155442155.jpg
    IMG_20170904_155442155.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
I really feel sorry for you guys...

In 40 years that I've lived here, Hawaii has only had two hurricanes touch land...we are just a bit north of the cyclone track that plagues places like Guam, Micronesia etc. However, last year there were 13 hurricanes formed that moved towards Hawaii; fortunately they all veered north or south. I believe that just a small increment in water temperature moved the track north towards us...global warming is a real problem...

98XJ06LJ

Thank you, the traffic is insane and I thought I would get to go a little longer with out a hurricane but other than that it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Offshore fishing is awesome!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

Thank you, the traffic is insane and I thought I would get to go a little longer with out a hurricane but other than that it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Offshore fishing is awesome!

Whereabouts do you live?

Flooding from downpours occurs more often than the hurricane and associated flooding.

aTX427

I'm sorry for your loss. It's one thing to see it in pictures, but doesn't take hold until it's real life. At least you had insurance. I added it to my policy the next day.

Last edited:

98XJ06LJ

I'm sorry for your loss. It's one thing to see it in pictures, but doesn't take hold until it's real life. At least you had insurance. I added it to my policy the next day.

I'm just glad we got out safe and both Jeeps survived! Took this pic when I went back to the house on Sunday to check on it. Those are 35s to give a little reference.

Attachments

• IMG950964.jpg
    IMG950964.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 62

98XJ06LJ

The water has receded everywhere that I know of now. I have friends in Baytown that were just able to get back in their house last week. Luckily they were able to move the majority of their stuff upstairs before the water got to deep.

98XJ06LJ

If anyone in the Houston area that suffered damage from Harvey cares to comment, I was just wondering how insurance process is working out for everyone or rebuild without insurance. There doesn't seem to be any progress where I am. Still debris that needs to be picked up everywhere and no one seems to be even close to getting their houses repaired. Curious how it's going in other parts of town. I'm currently living in my 5th wheel in my driveway. No idea how long this is going to bed my situation. How's everyone doing?

Top Bottom