How many people really read the fourm rules - It's a waste of time!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sharkey all I'm saying is new people get beat up here and bullied if they break one rule it's dumb all I'm saying is it's getting out of hand that's all I see on here anymore people getting bullied.

LOL at the word "bullied". It's a shame that the term is so overused these days and for things that are anything but, that it's starting to lose it's true meaning. In case you missed it, Sharkey simply reminded the OP that this isn't Craigslist and informed him that the members here typically do not appreciate it being treated as one. Don't like what you see - don't have to be here.

Isn't the fourm about jeeps jeep related topics helping others that don't know as much meeting new people to wheel with and learn from...

Funny, I don't know how you can do that when all you are here for is to sell stuff. :idontknow:

...and also help out other jeepers with parts your not using an selling to them to help them get a price break ..

Clearly, you are new to the whole forum thing as if you had been doing this as long as I have, you'd know there are TONS of people who aren't true Jeepers and are just looking for a way to make a buck or worse - scam people with deals on parts and under the guise of "helping" them out. Not saying this is what the OP was trying to do, just that it happens more times that you seem to think and because of it, I have often considered doing away with the for sale forum all together. As mentioned, THIS IS NOT CRAIGSLIST - this is MY forum and I would prefer that any member attempting to sell things here be first and foremost, an active part of the community. Not asking you or anyone to agree with or even like that but, it is how I choose to run my forum.

I have met some really great people on here but it seams like some of you and not saying you personally would rather sit on this fourm and start shit with people then wheel or talk jeep stuff ..

and I have met TONS of really great people on here but it seems like some of you (and I'm not saying you personally) would rather just post things up for sale than talk about Jeep stuff, become a part of the community and maybe even wheel with some of the members here. :naw:

Please do us all a favor and save your self-righteousness for someone who cares.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh boy. I'll see how short I can make the story.

I'm a musician and during a soundcheck for a show I/my band recreated a scene from Coming To America where the band was called Sexual Chocolate. I then acquired the nickname Sexual Chocolate. (this was during my high school years) I'm a ginger. Fast forward a few years and Ginger Chocolate was born. So here I am forever known as Ginger Chocolate. ;)

:cheesy: Okay, that's pretty funny.

Please note that the members here mean you no harm and if anything, it is MY rules that I like to enforce that they were just trying to remind you of. This forum is my house and I like to think of the members here as being my guests and I would prefer that they be friends instead of users.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey tweetie7123, I see you're online now and checking out this thread. Someone reminded me of another post you made recently:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...le-biting-dog!&p=352796&viewfull=1#post352796

For the record, we were right about the member horse being a troll and we are right when it comes to discouraging people from just using this forum to sell stuff.

Please do us all a favor and go find another forum "to find people to wheel with". You've overstayed your welcome here.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...so yea I don't post cuz it's a waste of time bc I'm not a regular ! I'd like to know how many people really read the fourm rules when they join guessing not a lot well on any fourm I don't it's all basically the same so why waste the time...

:grayno: You read them, and you follow them, because they are a condition of your free membership on this forum that is completely paid for and maintained by someone else. Would you crap in the middle of the living room floor of your friend's house? I mean really, why waste your time following your friend's rule that every visitor has to crap in the toilet? Your "only if there is something in it for me" attitude speaks volumes about you, and I agree that you have nothing to offer this community.

Hey tweetie7123, I see you're online now and checking out this thread. Someone reminded me of another post you made recently:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...le-biting-dog!&p=352796&viewfull=1#post352796

For the record, we were right about the member horse being a troll and we are right when it comes to discouraging people from just using this forum to sell stuff.

Please do us all a favor and go find another forum "to find people to wheel with". You've overstayed your welcome here.

I could not agree more.:clap2:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL at the word "bullied". It's a shame that the term is so overused these days and for things that are anything but, that it's starting to lose it's true meaning.

I've been a member for quite some time and a lurker for a few months even before that. I'm trying to think of a time when "WE" bullied someone on the forum unjustly. :thinking: It's hard for me to pull up a situation that the backlash wasn't warranted. And I use backlash and not bullied on purpose. There's several scenarios that come up repeatedly that will drive backlash. The CL members is one of them....People thinking they are hot shit....Badmouthing a Moderator...Shady/dishonest behavior....dissing this forum on another forum....and a few more.

In the rare situations when our first instinct is wrong, we usually rescind our backlash and the member becomes part of the group. If one's skin is so thin they can't handle this happening to them, or seeing it happen to others, then likely not a good fit for this group. Because even when we like each other, we give each other shit. :cheesy:

But then again, what do I know...I'm a FUCKING IDIOT. :idontknow:;)

jmatta33

I dont get why people just cant follow such a simple rule... I post all my stuff on craigslist and have had no issues selling shit. I come on here to learn from everyone and on the rare occasion actually impart some of my limited knowledge. and as for parts im selling, they all go on craigslist...

RLTW!!!

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
LOL at the word "bullied". It's a shame that the term is so overused these days and for things that are anything but, that it's starting to lose it's true meaning. In case you missed it, Sharkey simply reminded the OP that this isn't Craigslist and informed him that the members here typically do not appreciate it being treated as one. Don't like what you see - don't have to be here.

Funny, I don't know how you can do that when all you are here for is to sell stuff. :idontknow:

Clearly, you are new to the whole forum thing as if you had been doing this as long as I have, you'd know there are TONS of people who aren't true Jeepers and are just looking for a way to make a buck or worse - scam people with deals on parts and under the guise of "helping" them out. Not saying this is what the OP was trying to do, just that it happens more times that you seem to think and because of it, I have often considered doing away with the for sale forum all together. As mentioned, THIS IS NOT CRAIGSLIST - this is MY forum and I would prefer that any member attempting to sell things here be first and foremost, an active part of the community. Not asking you or anyone to agree with or even like that but, it is how I choose to run my forum.

and I have met TONS of really great people on here but it seems like some of you (and I'm not saying you personally) would rather just post things up for sale than talk about Jeep stuff, become a part of the community and maybe even wheel with some of the members here. :naw:

Please do us all a favor and save your self-righteousness for someone who cares.

Eddie Eddie Eddie all I was making was a point bc he did explain him self on other thread he was selling something . So I was making a point no reason to bully someone till they have a chance for there story ... And please direct me to one thing I have put forsale on here bc I have put nothing on here for sale .. And for people getting scammed it happens that's why I meet with the person instead of sending someone cash for a product IMO .. And you must care bc you posted this morning after everything was done n over with I was making personal points and feeling sorry that I don't live my life by the computer wheeling world like some people and I go out n wheel every weekend instead of just talking about it

2013 jkr
And no I did not forget the u in jkr :) 2 door life

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
:grayno: You read them, and you follow them, because they are a condition of your free membership on this forum that is completely paid for and maintained by someone else. Would you crap in the middle of the living room floor of your friend's house? I mean really, why waste your time following your friend's rule that every visitor has to crap in the toilet? Your "only if there is something in it for me" attitude speaks volumes about you, and I agree that you have nothing to offer this community.

I could not agree more.:clap2:

Wow you guys really have no life this is making me laugh that y'all are so worried about me but since I'm not an Eddie fan boy like the rest of you makes me the bad guy .. I was simply making a point an y'all get so but hurt if you want I'll go buy you some ky jelly so it won't hurt so much next time I make a point about something .. Id be surprised if drama could stay off this fourm for more then a week one of the mods is always starting stuff with someone ..but I'm the bad guy it's cool I see all y'all's colors and have met some great people off here I'll stay In contact with n some I won't but I'll stay on here to laugh at all the dumb drama that goes on here n maybe for a couple runs on two ..

2013 jkr

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Damn I just realized you changes the name of the post nice way to keep it classy point proven

2013 jkr

JAGS

Hooked
Wow you guys really have no life this is making me laugh that y'all are so worried about me but since I'm not an Eddie fan boy like the rest of you makes me the bad guy .. I was simply making a point an y'all get so but hurt if you want I'll go buy you some ky jelly so it won't hurt so much next time I make a point about something .. Id be surprised if drama could stay off this fourm for more then a week one of the mods is always starting stuff with someone ..but I'm the bad guy it's cool I see all y'all's colors and have met some great people off here I'll stay In contact with n some I won't but I'll stay on here to laugh at all the dumb drama that goes on here n maybe for a couple runs on two ..

2013 jkr

Come on tweety, within two posts and you resort to the typically troll arguments. :grayno:

That's only going to discredit anything you had to say. People have to follow the rules here and not being an active member that post in the FS area catches flak every time. The situation was deescalated and you didn't have to stick your neck out there with all the accusations.

Now, instead of making your case, you resort to troll talk. Where do you think this headed. :idontknow: You've offended Eddie and bashed a mod. That's several no-nos right there.

StrizzyChris

Eddie Eddie Eddie all I was making was a point bc he did explain him self on other thread he was selling something. So I was making a point no reason to bully someone till they have a chance for there story ...

And if you would have left it at that, then it would have been over. Getting on a self righteous soapbox telling everyone to be nice to everyone, share your juice boxes, rules are not important, sing Kumbaya bull shit. Harden the fuck up!

sorry that I don't live my life by the computer wheeling world like some people and I go out n wheel every weekend instead of just talking about it

<Insert Overlanders badass image here>

but since I'm not an Eddie fan boy like the rest of you makes me the bad guy ..

.....and this is why you're a douche!

y'all get so but hurt if you want I'll go buy you some ky jelly so it won't hurt so much next time I make a point about something

So we arethe one's butt hurt....when your the one bitching about being mean to people? You can't cry(make a lame ass "point") and then call everyone else a baby when we prove you wrong

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie Eddie Eddie all I was making was a point bc he did explain him self on other thread he was selling something .

tweetie7123, tweetie7123, tweetie7123 - In spite of the fact that you are so self-important, I must say that you have me at a disadvantage being that I don't have a clue as to who you are or what you're real name is.

So I was making a point no reason to bully someone till they have a chance for there story

Reminding someone that this isn't Craigslist and that the members here typically do not appreciate people who are just here to sell stuff is far from what I would call "bullying" but hey, it's clear to me that you're the kind of guy that chooses to self-righteously believe whatever it is he want to believe.

... And please direct me to one thing I have put forsale on here bc I have put nothing on here for sale ..

Have you graduated from high school yet? If not, you need to take a few more English classes. Since you seemed to have missed it, I used the pronoun "you" figuratively to describe people in general. Of course, for your sake, you're just a user - someone who's only interested in himself and just uses this forum to help find people to be a badass on Cleghorn :naw:

And for people getting scammed it happens that's why I meet with the person instead of sending someone cash for a product IMO .. And you must care bc you posted this morning after everything was done n over with I was making personal points and feeling sorry that I don't live my life by the computer wheeling world like some people and I go out n wheel every weekend instead of just talking about it

Well you got me there. Me, I'm glued to my computer 24/7/365 and can only talk about wheeling. If only I had trails like Cleghorn to run, maybe I could be a badass like you someday. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
tweetie7123, tweetie7123, tweetie7123 - In spite of the fact that you are so self-important, I must say that you have me at a disadvantage being that I don't have a clue as to who you are or what you're real name is.

Reminding someone that this isn't Craigslist and that the members here typically do not appreciate people who are just here to sell stuff is far from what I would call "bullying" but hey, it's clear to me that you're the kind of guy that chooses to self-righteously believe whatever it is he want to believe.

Have you graduated from high school yet? If not, you need to take a few more English classes. Since you seemed to have missed it, I used the pronoun "you" figuratively to describe people in general. Of course, for your sake, you're just a user - someone who's only interested in himself and just uses this forum to help find people to be a badass on Cleghorn :naw:

Well you got me there. Me, I'm glued to my computer 24/7/365 and can only talk about wheeling. If only I had trails like Cleghorn to run, maybe I could be a badass like you someday. :crazyeyes:

Thanks a lot Eddie Eddie Eddie. I'm never running Cleghorn again. Well, at least not posting about it. :cheesy:

JKWrang

So id like to point out that when I was a new member I gave my wave, posted a few obviously "new to the jeep community" threads and also tried to sell something on the forum.

And I..
SHOCK

... didnt get flamed!

Why, you may ask? Because the powers that be observed I was earnestly trying ro dive head first into the community with questions, interest and a thirst for newbie knowledge. I have since come to offer my fledgling knowledge to other newbies. Its come full circle. So if I can post up within a short time some for sale material and not get called out for it its likely because I obliged myself of the rules like was asked of other people who did not take the time to familiarize themselves with them.

If you take issue with that requirement. .. life must be rough for you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tigrcky

You know, come to think of it I have posted a few things for sale... Yet I was a known member first, nobody said a word to me... Hmmm :idontknow:

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Sharkey

Word Ninja

The problem is that your point was idiotic. I simply pointed out to the OP that his for sale posts might not be well-received. He responded appropriately and fully understood why it makes sense to say hello before trying to sell shit. That was the end of it. In fact, I even welcomed him and wished him good luck with the sale.

Here is my post, which was before your first post in the thread:
His response in the other thread seems reasonable.

GLWS

You then took it upon yourself to post up about how you think we are bullies and that nobody should read or worry about forum rules. So, you started the shit storm. If you think the forum rules don't matter, all I can say is that you are an idiot. If you think the active members of the forum shouldn't care about those rules, then you are worse than an idiot.

I love the fanboy comment...it's so original. Eddie and Cindy are personal friends of mine. While I have wheeled with them on several occasions, I have also spent a lot of time with them NOT WHEELING. That is what real friends do. If being a friend to someone makes you a fanboy then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow you guys really have no life this is making me laugh that y'all are so worried about me...

Wow, you really have no life and you make me laugh that you're so worried about what people have to say about you on an internet forum.

...but since I'm not an Eddie fan boy like the rest of you makes me the bad guy ..

Nah, you're not a bad guy, just a self-righteous loser. The "fanboys" you are referring to are people I drink with and wheel with - I like to call them friends but I'm sure that's a foreign concept to you. If you keep on looking for people to wheel with on forums, maybe you'll be lucky and make one or two. :yup:

I was simply making a point an y'all get so but hurt if you want I'll go buy you some ky jelly so it won't hurt so much next time I make a point about something ..

:cheesy: No need to get all "butt" hurt just because nobody asked or cares what you think. As for the KY goes, sounds like we need to buy you some for all the times you want to stroke yourself with your self-important preaching.

Id be surprised if drama could stay off this fourm for more then a week one of the mods is always starting stuff with someone ..

LOL at drama. If self-righteous guys like you would just stay off my forum, the moderators wouldn't have anything to do.

but I'm the bad guy it's cool I see all y'all's colors and have met some great people off here I'll stay In contact with n some I won't but I'll stay on here to laugh at all the dumb drama that goes on here n maybe for a couple runs on two ..

Just a self-righteous prick. It is good to see your colors and I hope you take whoever will follow you away from my forum. As for us, we'll keep on laughing at you.

Damn I just realized you changes the name of the post nice way to keep it classy point proven

It is what you said. Point proven.

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER

But you do know who I am you have meet me a few times so who's the self important badass here. And damn you caught me I'm just a bad ass who runs cleghorn 24/7 you know it .. How bout you come run some trails with me we can run the hammer trails or big bear John Bull and all those or we can go were ever you want . I know my 3 k build will go the same places if not more then you .. Just let me know when you wanna wheel and we can figure this out on the trail .. And sorry for not reading all your post just right about the way you word things.. Whys it matter if I have graduated high school or have a phd I know many people who haven't graduated high school that are a lot more successfull then you ! So that shouldn't mean shit ...

2013 jkr

Top Bottom