I heard this board was a wasteland of sarcasm and a real bunch of ass holes

DKjeep

Well I must say if this place was not what I expected when I arrived it certainly has become what I wanted. Thank you all for making that become a reality for me.

DKjeep

They are pricey for sure and I am not too sure how many reviews you will get from here as I am not sure they give away free stuff. Being a guy myself that actually knows a thing or two about LED's I still do not understand with what these cost that the output is not greater. You can get a reliable 1200 lumen from a single XM-L2 emitter all day and that is even using a bin with a nice neutral tint to it and not these awful bluish super cool tints that everyone uses. Yes the cool tints put out more lumen at the same current as neutral or warm bins but the tech has come far enough that you don't need the highest output bin emitter to get some SERIOUS light output. I will sacrifice a measly few lumen to get a more preferable color output. I don't understand why these marketers aren't driving them put out 5k lumens per cube light and just blowing the doors off of everyone else.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Baja Designs LED Lights

They are pricey for sure and I am not too sure how many reviews you will get from here as I am not sure they give away free stuff.

I'm sure there's a ton of products and reviews here everyday that hard working men and woman like myself paid retail price for!
That's one of the beautiful things about Wayalife. If there's something we've paid for and installed on our jeeps that is crap, we let it be known.

First paragraph is DKjeeps comments (not mine) Followed by my response.

Last edited:

DKjeep

I'm sure there's a ton of products and reviews here everyday that hard working men and woman like myself paid retail price for!
That's one of the beautiful things about Wayalife. If there's something we've paid for and installed on our jeeps that is crap, we let it be known.

I am sure that there are. I think you misinterpreted my comment. It seems around here that if its not made by evo or one of the forum sponsors its garbage.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I am sure that there are. I think you misinterpreted my comment. It seems around here that if its not made by evo or one of the forum sponsors its garbage.

Wow that's pretty inaccurate. It's not about "free shit" or only being loyal to evo. You get honest opinions here whether you can take it or not.

swampdog

Trolling again huh? You settled down for a couple of weeks then pipe up with this shit again? Get lost

DKjeep

Trolling again huh? You settled down for a couple of weeks then pipe up with this shit again? Get lost

How did I know this would get your panties in a wad. That's all I had to say about it. If you want to drag it out, keep on responding. I was trolling about a mini liner before, it took me a couple of weeks to catch on to the bias of certain products around here.

Last edited:

DKjeep

I did not misinterpreted your comment...

Ok fair enough. Either way I like the baja designs stuff on paper and I definitely like the visual appeal of their products. If I ever needed a flush mount solution for a LED light I would try theirs for sure.

Journeyman

Ok fair enough. Either way I like the baja designs stuff on paper and I definitely like the visual appeal of their products. If I ever needed a flush mount solution for a LED light I would try theirs for sure.

Dude, I'm not here to argue with anyone about any products or Baja designs. But your comment about free products and endorsements struck me wrong and I felt the need to reply. Partly because we are having a good discussion on a non forum sponsored products.

DKjeep

Dude, I'm not here to argue with anyone about any products or Baja designs. But your comment about free products and endorsements struck me wrong and I felt the need to reply. Partly because we are having a good discussion on a non forum sponsored products.

Dude, I'm not arguing with you.

DKjeep

Weight will NOT rob you of power. Size will. Regear and you will be able to regain the power you lost. With 305 measure up to what an advertised 35" tire is and so you'll want to run what is appropriate for them. 4.56 will bring you back up to stock performance but I would recommend 4.88 as that will give you a bit more.

Really..... then why do racers go with super lite wheel, tire, and brake combos? If you had 2 tires the same height but 2 vastly different weights like the OP mentioned you will notice a huge difference. Gears will help with some of that but rotational mass is much harder to overcome than height is.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Really..... then why do racers go with super lite wheel, tire, and brake combos? If you had 2 tires the same height but 2 vastly different weights like the OP mentioned you will notice a huge difference. Gears will help with some of that but rotational mass is much harder to overcome than height is.

Typical. You are now changing the hypothetical to try to support your own incorrect perception rather than addressing the issue at hand.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:sigh: The weight difference is NOT as much as the OP mentioned. Factory tires weigh about 50 lbs. The tires he wants are only 15 lbs. more a piece. Hardly enough to make a difference. You put a fat guy in your race car that weigh 60 lbs more than a skinny guy and the car will have the same performance issues. BTW, we drive Jeeps and typically, unsprung weight isn't always a bad thing :naw:

DKjeep

Typical. You are now changing the hypothetical to try to support your own incorrect perception rather than addressing the issue at hand.

Everything I said is correct and applicable to the conversation. Your response is a prime example of why this place is the laughing stock of the jeep community.

Top Bottom