I Tried The Jeep Thing And I Just Don't Get It

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Blah, blah, blah…

The biggest atrocity this khaki clothed coffee shop warrior committed was not posting pics of the hot blonde he allegedly went wheeling with. :yup:

Makes me wonder what his name was? :idontknow:

Click his profile on the link. Said blonde is not too shabby. :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Except for towing the teardrop. ;)

Sup

page__module__images__section__img_ctrl__img__460109__file__med

90337d1156862808-towing-with-the-is-s2000-boat-medium-.jpg

dsc096303jm.jpg

Rccrwlr

Does this go back to the question of what is the definition of Overlanding? It's interesting that he made a general negative overtone of Jeeping and then in his comments below the article bounces back to basically say that this is just his opinion and jeeping just isn't his glass of wine. My comment to him was this
...I do agree with Septu. What is the definition of Overlanding? Is is not driving from point A to point B off the beaten path enjoying the journey? Is it not taking a stock or modified vehicle on roads and trails that most cannot, to experience nature and the beauty that is the out of doors? So how is it different from rock crawling and mud bogs beside the type of trail? In the end I think it's all the same. As Chris points out some like Merlot and Pinot Noir but in the end it's all wine, so in the end it's all Overlanding

I think the thing that runs me the wrong way is the general groupings he makes and the tone that Overlanding is some how superior to Jeeping. That must mean he feels challenged by the Jeep in some way and this was his way of justification that his Overlander lifestyle is better. Bummer because I thought we were all the same.

Panda

I think this guy needs to take his dog to the vet, sounds like something's wrong with it

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Wow! Those little cans o' death must be super (duper) cars. So what is the actual towing capacity of a s2000?

Zero. They are not rated to tow. It is an incredibly stiff chassis, so some guys tow lighter things (like a few extra sets of tires for track days, a bike, etc)....the guy with the boat only towed it 5 miles to the launch, but claimed he had no problems at all. No roadster is rated to tow, but that doesn't mean it can't. :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Zero. They are not rated to tow. It is an incredibly stiff chassis, so some guys tow lighter things (like a few extra sets of tires for track days, a bike, etc)....the guy with the boat only towed it 5 miles to the launch, but claimed he had no problems at all. No roadster is rated to tow, but that doesn't mean it can't. :thumb:

Oh another one of those coulda, shoulda, woulda, mighta been things?

Reminds me of these guys we met on the summer kickoff run a few years ago. I think they were trying to tell us about the capacity limitations of a Warn winch and a JK because of some army military specs they had read about in some field manual they found on Craig's list or something like that.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417581354.831536.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh another one of those coulda, shoulda, woulda, mighta been things?

Reminds me of these guys we met on the summer kickoff run a few years ago. I think they were trying to tell us about the capacity limitations of a Warn winch and a JK because of some army military specs they had read about in some field manual they found on Craig's list or something like that.

View attachment 113261

:cheesy: That day was so damn funny!! I just don't know why self-proclaimed overlander types always have to pipe up and give you their lame ass unsolicited 2¢ even after you've just got done doing all that you can to avoid eye contact with them.

Clem319

I wonder if he just took pics of the trash or went a step further and carried it out?:thinking:

He said in the comments he did pick up the trash, but didn't think it was necessary to put it in the article because it is "common practice." 😏

t8er

I feel bad that this guy like most people wasn't even open to taking time to learn something. Instead he just maintained his stereo type all the way thru. come out with some of the guys I know. Yep we enjoy rock crawling but sometimes those nice trails that aren't hard but get you to great scenery are fantastic. Poison Spider Mesa in Moab is a great example. I did that trail in my stock Rubicon but with a 3.5" lift and 35's there was way less drama. I'd love to see an Overlander follow me there. However in return if he did follow me there I'd follow their overland route. Just I'm pretty sure I can easily do both while he'll struggle following me.

Speeddmn

"slamming my head into the pillar over and over again like some crazed punching clown."

This was a great little quote! To bad the clown wassnt really there to punch him in the throat!

Anyone watch the Top Gear USA episode where they ran a AEV Brute, tore thru the trails and looked fun also!

Top Bottom