I'm torn between front bumpers

JAGS

Hooked
This thread is not helping me. 😳 I'm leaning toward the LOD stubby lite with stinger. But there are a few good points on EVO, which is my 1B choice. Thanks for the confusion. 😉😂

bl17z90

This thread is not helping me.  I'm leaning toward the LOD stubby lite with stinger. But there are a few good points on EVO, which is my 1B choice. Thanks for the confusion. 

I am leaning much more towards evo now too, it also seems like the evo is cheaper too

I really like my LōD sig. series stubby front. I run my PowerPlant in it and it fits quite well and low enough to get good air to the minivan... I am in the process of adding the stinger as i fell i inadequate without it... Now it does stick out a bit further than the EVO but I am okay with that.

andrew-

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really like my LōD sig. series stubby front. I run my PowerPlant in it and it fits quite well and low enough to get good air to the minivan... I am in the process of adding the stinger as i fell i inadequate without it... Now it does stick out a bit further than the EVO but I am okay with that.

andrew-

There you go again, bragging about your bigger stinger :rolleyes2:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
In my opinion the EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger is a better quality due to the awesome welds. It looks like a piece of art on the front of the Jeep. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
I am leaning much more towards evo now too, it also seems like the evo is cheaper too

LOD allows for factory fogs. So that cash isn't built into the EVO as you'd then be without fogs.

Both look great. Both built USA. Both quality products. Not really a wrong way to go. Coin toss 2 out of 3 wins.???

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOD allows for factory fogs. So that cash isn't built into the EVO as you'd then be without fogs.

Both look great. Both built USA. Both quality products. Not really a wrong way to go. Coin toss 2 out of 3 wins.???

Enter the truck lite contest and you won't need fogs ever again. :thumb:

StrizzyChris

Just to make it a harder choice/more interesting I'll throw a third choice in there. I love my EVO 1/4 ponder, but the poison spyder bfh with trail stinger is a close CLOSE second or tie if I were to do it all over again. A lot of thought into its design!

silverbackjk

Just to make it a harder choice/more interesting I'll throw a third choice in there. I love my EVO 1/4 ponder, but the poison spyder bfh with trail stinger is a close CLOSE second or tie if I were to do it all over again. A lot of thought into its design!

I agree that is one nice piece of steel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned

I think you guys have swayed me into these type of bumpers

bl17z90

I have seen that one and looked into it but i am just not a fan of the style. I like when the winch sits down in the bumper and honestly i think thats my main issue with the bfh

SoCalDozer

I went with the PSC brawler light with a bull bar on mine. got a killer deal on it is the main reason. cutting off the chin as well to gain even more clearance on it, just havent done it yet.
I bought it from a guy brand new and he had it Line-x'ed and it seems okay so far. about 200 bucks for a linex job though so i would not have went that route.

SoCalDozer

Are all these short stubby bumpers having to cut the frame?

No, the only ones I know that require you to cut the frame are the EVO, but it's just the chin that normally hangs down and has nothing to do with gram strength. And the poison spyder BFH bumper that requires a lot of frame cutting.

Sithwindu

I want the psc stinger so bad! I'm just not sure about cutting frame horns! And I like how the evo 1/4 has the winch sitting between the frame rails. Quick question tho, if I get the bfh bumper, cut the frame horns, then later down the road I wanna switch to another bumper (like evo) will the cut frame horns effect me putting on a different bumper (should I save the frame horn cut offs to be rewelded later?!) hope I'm not derailing

MTG

Caught the Bug
No, the only ones I know that require you to cut the frame are the EVO, but it's just the chin that normally hangs down and has nothing to do with gram strength. And the poison spyder BFH bumper that requires a lot of frame cutting.

Just to be clear...I am not sure I would characterize cutting the crossmember off to be cutting the frame. For whatever reason cutting the frame might turn people off and what needs to be cut off is far from that. :thumb:

Top Bottom