JK 4.0 HO Swap for real.

JKUndaunted

I'm interested. Keep posting your progress!

Thank You jkjurny. I have had alot of positive responses on here and only 1 negative individual so far. Not too bad I suppose. Cheers. :beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKUndaunted

Sorry that was meant to say 2 negative individuals. Bound to be more.

JKUndaunted

This is the reason why I have no dash yet. Alot of wiring to tidy up and stripping out the extra crap that I dont need. Long hours with a multimeter.

Attachments

• 1402264006312.jpg
    1402264006312.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 343

finger3

I love what you are doing. If we in the US could rip out our CAN-Bullshit computer we'd all be doing it:thumb:
I'd love to swap my extra AMC 401 into my JK. They should have kept the AMC motors in the Jeep line up:doh::twocents:
Anyway keep up the awesome work:clap2:

xflstl

Nice work so far. Not a swap I would do, but im not in your shoes. 4.0 is a nice upgrade from a sluggish 3.8 or in your case the diesel that you dont like. Following this thread, keep up the nice work.

Sent from my SCH-I605

FrankenJeeper

Great job! This has turned out very well. Can't wait to see the custom gauge cluster.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Im not quite sure what you're trying to say. Im on here because I thought people might be interested. If I can help people in the process through this or any other thread I post up then all the better. If you dont like the thread then dont look at it.

Never said I didn't like the thread. I don't like the way you come across as thinking you're a badass. Get over yourself.

You are not helping anyone. All but 10 of your posts are talking about your swap between this thread and a welcome thread. One thread about brake lines. Clearly you are her just to show how "cool" and "original" you are. We all get it, you're a badass. Nobody will be as cool as you are. Happy now?

Bearjew1

looks very cool so keep up the good work i'm sure it will be a nice toy to play with when it's done :thumb: oh and dont worry there are lots of people here that need to get over there selves here so i say welcome to the club :cheesy:

jims68

You are an eager beaver for sure! Question for you why didn't you go stand alone on the JK side? There are programmers that can get the JK side happy with itself again with no motor. You maybe could of went as far as using the JK accessories like the Motech kit for smart charging and air but you may of looked into this already. Not saying it can't be done but the couple of guys that I have seen try to do this have sold them after getting frustrated with the whole deal. The TIPM and BCM control a lot of stuff in the Jk! If you don't get the CanBus happy it will be a can of worms from what I've seen and experienced. Best of luck and if I can help I will. No more negative from me from this point forward. Just seeing if you are aware.

JKUndaunted

Well jims68 I appreciate your advice on the programmers. Problem is I am useless at the electronic side of things, A dullard if you will. In my mind it was easier to use xj wiring throughout. Also the parts availability over here is atrocious. We get probably 1/16 of the aftermarket stuff available in the states. Main dealer prices are ridiculous! £110 for a pair of jk front brake hoses. Thats $185. If I had just replaced my 545rfe with a new one from jeep the price was £4600. So far this build has cost me about £1900.

JKUndaunted

I love what you are doing. If we in the US could rip out our CAN-Bullshit computer we'd all be doing it:thumb:
I'd love to swap my extra AMC 401 into my JK. They should have kept the AMC motors in the Jeep line up:doh::twocents:
Anyway keep up the awesome work:clap2:

Oh man that would be sweet. Whats the engine from? Im assuming a javelin? AMX? My deam car! Look at that Body! ;)

Attachments

• 1402296040804.jpg
    1402296040804.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 363

finger3

Oh man that would be sweet. Whats the engine from? Im assuming a javelin? AMX? My deam car! Look at that Body! ;)

That is one pretty Javelin. The spair 401 I have was actually pulled out of a International Travel All when I purchesed it from a local junk yard years ago. First time I had ever seen an AMC swapped into anything. Don't remember the price but it was cheap because they thought it was a 360. I ran it in my 73 javelin until a coworker sold me a tricked up 401 that is still in it now. Some people love it and some hate my Javelin. I've been lit up a few times over this one.

246979_1599695052218_2374778_n.jpg

JKUndaunted

If you like it then who cares. Its a 4 wheel drive with extra aerodynamics. Reminds me of that red corvette monster truck that was on the scene back in the 80's.

JKUndaunted

For the record. I know my build is kinda patchy but I guess nobody is interested in the wiring. Im sure nobody wants to see 400 photos of wires chopped and spliced and all that crap. If anybody gets the itch to do a swap into a jk thats blown up or caught fire and needs advice on measurements or actual physical help on putting a 4.0 in a JK im happy to oblige. Ill just hop on a plane. All I ask in return is a couple of visits to tgi's or burger king. I get hungry alot.

JKUndaunted

You are an eager beaver for sure! Question for you why didn't you go stand alone on the JK side? There are programmers that can get the JK side happy with itself again with no motor. You maybe could of went as far as using the JK accessories like the Motech kit for smart charging and air but you may of looked into this already. Not saying it can't be done but the couple of guys that I have seen try to do this have sold them after getting frustrated with the whole deal. The TIPM and BCM control a lot of stuff in the Jk! If you don't get the CanBus happy it will be a can of worms from what I've seen and experienced. Best of luck and if I can help I will. No more negative from me from this point forward. Just seeing if you are aware.

This is why I decided against programmers. All this is surplus to requirements. The armoured bunch on the left is from the JK engine compartment. The other load is from inside and the connectors I no longer need.

Attachments

• 1402388759068.jpg
    1402388759068.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 300

JKUndaunted

And all of this I have removed from the xj wiring. Still runs and drives. All lights still work.

Attachments

• 1402388978591.jpg
    1402388978591.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 292

JKUndaunted

Thank you for the kind words. Im not good with electronics by the way. I just look for plugs that Are doing nothing and trace the wires and chop them off. Sometimes there are 2 wires into 1 terminal so occasionally you just join them back together. I started this with no prior knowledge or experience. I still have no idea what a relay does. Hahaha.

Top Bottom