JK Optimal Lift Height ... ???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It should be noted that measuring how much lift you have is not the same thing as how tall your Jeep sits. You can install a set of Portal axles and run factory coils to give you ZERO inches of lift but, still sit 4" taller than stock. A ProRock 60 is also a much bigger axle than stock and how tall your Jeep sits won't necessarily equal how much lift you have.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Moby should be around 78" at the pillar.

Sorry, I can assure you that Moby is not 3" taller than Rubicat - maybe he should be though. Here is a pic of both Moby and Rubicat sitting side by side.

59303_10151245643953971_374614620_n.jpg

Like I said, about an inch taller... maybe a tad more and he's running 40's. If anything, we get some good rubbing at a full flex because of it.

rtguy1

It should be noted that measuring how much lift you have is not the same thing as how tall your Jeep sits. You can install a set of Portal axles and run factory coils to give you ZERO inches of lift but, still sit 4" taller than stock. A ProRock 60 is also a much bigger axle than stock and how tall your Jeep sits won't necessarily equal how much lift you have.

Agreed. GCM has more than 3" of lift and is 10" taller than a stock jku....lol. That's all I was saying but for some reason my tape measure needs calibrated. :cheesy: maybe you can help in my other thread Eddie?

rtguy1

Sorry, I can assure you that Moby is not 3" taller than Rubicat. Here is a pic of both Moby and Rubicat sitting side by side.

59303_10151245643953971_374614620_n.jpg

Like I said, about an inch taller... maybe a tad more and he's running 40's. If anything, we get some good rubbing at a full flex because of it.

I guesstimated by adding an inch to the 75" since u said it was at 4.5" and then 2" for the 40's. :idontknow: I wonder why GCM is way up there at 81"?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guesstimated by adding an inch to the 75" since u said it was at 4.5" and then 2" for the 40's. :idontknow: I wonder why GCM is way up there at 81"?

Moby sits lower than EVO JK and because of it, has some rubbing at a full flex. The more I think about it, I may have set Moby lower than 4.5" after getting my coil overs rebuilt. I need to get him back so that I can take some new measurements.

Rccrwlr

My overlander rockcrawler sits at 69" to the A-piller on stock rubi springs with 285/70/17. Don't want to go to high as to ruin my overland qualifications but thinking I should lift it to meet the min requirements if the rockcrawler club. Forget it. Ya know I think we should just go wheel and if I can't make it please allow me to hook my stock tow hooks to your EVO d-rings. :cheers:

Just wanted to show that Rubicat sits at stock height. No really pictures don't lie!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386051776.620768.jpg

--Rccrwlr

GCM 2

Ughh! I retract all of my previous post with my measurements of lift, roofline height (tire psi was never properly figured ino the equation, so my scientific calculations were off). I have sold my jeep, I will not own, nor drive, an EVOJEEP with a 10" lift. Thanks rtguy1. All this time I only wanted to be an overlander, I was actually an 80's monster truck driver.

Last edited:

Hell_Fire

I am running a 6.5" lift in my JK, previously was a 3" and even with 35s on I kept bottoming out on obstacles, I like my setup now, 6.5" and 35" tires works well. But When i move up to 37s I will be dropping to 4.5" Higher means center of gravity shot too hell. Keeping in mind its not my every day drive.... and you need nerves of steel in off-camber situations :D

= floor to roof +- 93" odd height :doh:

Last edited:

bl17z90

I am running a 6.5" lift in my JK, previously was a 3" and even with 35s on I kept bottoming out on obstacles, I like my setup now, 6.5" and 35" tires works well. But When i move up to 37s I will be dropping to 4.5" Higher means center of gravity shot too hell. Keeping in mind its not my every day drive.... and you need nerves of steel in off-camber situations :D

= floor to roof +- 93" odd height :doh:

Holy crap.........

I need to go out and do the dynatrac measurment. I am curious how much lift my AEV 2.5 actually provides.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Personally, I want to keep the lowest center of gravity while achieving the maximum articulation. :doh: Whatever that equates to in lift height is fine with me.

tribal636

I am running the RK 2.5 X factor on 37's on a '13 JKR and think it is the perfect height for 37s. I use 3" bumpstops, and with cut fenders and trimmed pinch welds, I do not rub anywhere and have full turn radius at full tuck up front.

CrazyLarry

I am running the RK 2.5 X factor on 37's on a '13 JKR and think it is the perfect height for 37s. I use 3" bumpstops, and with cut fenders and trimmed pinch welds, I do not rub anywhere and have full turn radius at full tuck up front.

what is your total backspacing? My wheels have 4.75 and it wasnt enough with my 37s so I had to add 1.5 wheel spacers so i wouldnt rub at full lock

tribal636

what is your total backspacing? My wheels have 4.75 and it wasnt enough with my 37s so I had to add 1.5 wheel spacers so i wouldnt rub at full lock

I am not sure how to figure out total backspacing but my wheels are a 3.75 backspacing I believe and I have 1.5 wheel spacers.

Top Bottom