JK Pulling

Voodoo Actual

What?!?! That's crazy that they can't figure it out.
I'm sure dragging brakes has already been addressed. Seems like it would have been in everyone's best interest to swap the entire front axle and call it a day.

They looked at that and it would show in the right side brakes.

They have, "No idea."

LasVegasJK

They looked at that and it would show in the right side brakes.

They have, "No idea."

Yeah, the signs would be obvious. I know a complete front axle is expensive, for the consumer, but it seems that it may be cheaper for dealer to swap it and quit paying their "mechanics" labor hours. I'm sure they pry have $5000 into time and paperwork.
Just my thoughts. Wish I had a job that I could say "don't know, no idea" and it be ok.

Voodoo Actual

Yeah, the signs would be obvious. I know a complete front axle is expensive, for the consumer, but it seems that it may be cheaper for dealer to swap it and quit paying their "mechanics" labor hours. I'm sure they pry have $5000 into time and paperwork.
Just my thoughts. Wish I had a job that I could say "don't know, no idea" and it be ok.

They have a lot more than 5k wrapped up in this. The rentals alone are probably 20k.

Real thinkers.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
You'll have to tell me how to get a nice quality video on here.

In the mean time; I let go of the wheel at the end of the railing on the right:

http://youtu.be/TVX3lZU4HaI

HOLY SHIT BATMAN! That ain't no little pull. Something ain't right.

I think I would start raising some serious hell. Take a very high quality video of the pull, write a detaield description of the work history performed, and then post that to YouTube with as many Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat related tags as you can think of. Basically, you are trying to get their attention. It may or may not work, but I have seen quite a few cases with other things (appliances, tools, etc.) where the manufacturer reached out and tried to make it right.

Good luck.

Petthefish

Wow that's just ridiculous that's more than a slight pull. I would be starting the lemon law procedures right away that's bad and over 200 days in the shop wow.

Voodoo Actual

Crazy. They could have replaced the entire Jeep.

Sure could have.

HOLY SHIT BATMAN! That ain't no little pull. Something ain't right.

I think I would start raising some serious hell. Take a very high quality video of the pull, write a detaield description of the work history performed, and then post that to YouTube with as many Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat related tags as you can think of. Basically, you are trying to get their attention. It may or may not work, but I have seen quite a few cases with other things (appliances, tools, etc.) where the manufacturer reached out and tried to make it right.

Good luck.

I'm not sure what else I can really do. They know about the problem and are attempting to ignore it. I was also told since the condition didn't occur in the rack it's not their problem.

Someone please explain to me how you can replicate this pull when the Jeep is in the air.

Wow that's just ridiculous that's more than a slight pull. I would be starting the lemon law procedures right away that's bad and over 200 days in the shop wow.

I know. I started a case with Chrysler and they are basically not returning calls or claiming the voice mails left were never left.

The last time it was in the shop they put almost 400 miles on it. Then said it was fixed. Obviously it wasn't fixed.

Angel, the Chrysler case manager also told me that, "At least you have a vehicle that gets from A to B and that's all that matters."

This is just one of the on going issues I've had.

Talk about getting irritated....

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I would take it back to the dealer again, make them get you a rental car. Leave and wait for their call saying its done. Then make the service manager take it for a test drive with you in the vehicle. If that doesn't work, the General Manager, then somebody above that person, etc. Just keep going up in people until even the dealership owner drives it if possible. I worked at a small dealership in rural Oklahoma, the owner was on site Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM so it was possible to actually talk to him. May not work in your situation. I would refuse to set my butt in the driver seat until it was fixed and it would not leave their lot with me driving until it was fixed. I would not let anybody have the keys to the rental car until it was fixed. I would probably even have somebody else take me up to the dealership just so the rental car wouldn't be there. I know all of that would be a pain in the ass and suck majorly since your probably even making payments on it. But at this point with as much trouble that you have had with it, they would either keep it until it was fixed or be giving me a new one that is comparable if it were mine.

Have you tried another dealership? I cant remember, seems like another one has been mentioned but it was far away if I remember correctly.

Voodoo Actual

I would take it back to the dealer again, make them get you a rental car. Leave and wait for their call saying its done. Then make the service manager take it for a test drive with you in the vehicle. If that doesn't work, the General Manager, then somebody above that person, etc. Just keep going up in people until even the dealership owner drives it if possible. I worked at a small dealership in rural Oklahoma, the owner was on site Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM so it was possible to actually talk to him. May not work in your situation. I would refuse to set my butt in the driver seat until it was fixed and it would not leave their lot with me driving until it was fixed. I would not let anybody have the keys to the rental car until it was fixed. I would probably even have somebody else take me up to the dealership just so the rental car wouldn't be there. I know all of that would be a pain in the ass and suck majorly since your probably even making payments on it. But at this point with as much trouble that you have had with it, they would either keep it until it was fixed or be giving me a new one that is comparable if it were mine.

Have you tried another dealership? I cant remember, seems like another one has been mentioned but it was far away if I remember correctly.

The next closest dealer is about 2 hours away - that's not too realistic for me.

They told me they were going to bill me for the loaner if I didn't give it back regardless if my Jeep was actually fixed or not.

Y'all could leave voice mails for the case manager. That's a number I wouldn't mind posting.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The next closest dealer is about 2 hours away - that's not too realistic for me.

They told me they were going to bill me for the loaner if I didn't give it back regardless if my Jeep was actually fixed or not.

Y'all could leave voice mails for the case manager. That's a number I wouldn't mind posting.

Have you called that dealer two hours away? Might be worth a call at least. At this point, I would be willing to bet that the dealer you are currently going to doesn't even pull your jeep in the shop anymore. Ive seen that happen before.

Voodoo Actual

Have you called that dealer two hours away? Might be worth a call at least. At this point, I would be willing to bet that the dealer you are currently going to doesn't even pull your jeep in the shop anymore. Ive seen that happen before.

I have not spoken with them. I'm waiting on a call to see what I'll do. Hopefully I'll have a better idea of options.

I was at the dealer today. Again. To take them for a ride. To show them nothing has been corrected. Again. They said they would notify Chrysler. Again.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't pull my Jeep into the shop...

Voodoo Actual

So...

Chrysler would like to put factory tires on to see if it still doesn't drive properly.

It's documented that is doesn't drive properly with factory tires but they would like to do it anyways. Again.

And they do not believe any of the issues. They said they sell these all the time and they are perfect. So I told them to explain the documented and replicated issues to which they implied I'm not driving correctly.

I asked how many of their sales are to persons who use their Jeep for its design purpose and how many of those sales are too people who think their driveway is off road. To which they said, that's not the point.

Last edited:

Pyro1415

I think you should go talk to an attorney... The second they realize lawsuit you'll have a new jeep, I'd see if they'd bump you to a rubicon for all the inconvenience.

Voodoo Actual

I think you should go talk to an attorney... The second they realize lawsuit you'll have a new jeep, I'd see if they'd bump you to a rubicon for all the inconvenience.

It is a Rubicon.

I'm not sure another would help.

Chrysler doesn't care about inconvenience - they are pretty clear about that.

Pyro1415

It is a Rubicon.

I'm not sure another would help.

Chrysler doesn't care about inconvenience - they are pretty clear about that.

Hardrock edition lol. Yeah chrysler is about the worst at admitting theyre wrong or have made a mistake. They want you to give up. I would have slapped the bitch who said it gets you from point a to b so why are you complaining though. Actually I dont believe in hitting women thats what the wifes for.

Voodoo Actual

Hardrock edition lol. Yeah chrysler is about the worst at admitting theyre wrong or have made a mistake. They want you to give up. I would have slapped the bitch who said it gets you from point a to b so why are you complaining though. Actually I dont believe in hitting women thats what the wifes for.

At least the hard rock has cool bumpers.

But still, Chrysler would have to do that right thing and that's probably never going to happen.

Your wife is welcome to take care of business.

Top Bottom