JK Pulling

Pyro1415

I'd tell them to fix it or give me a new one then lol. That or you could tell them if you get in a wreck because your vehicle failed to maneuver correctly that would be a bad lawsuit after the news finds out your vehicle was deemed fine.

Voodoo Actual

I'd tell them to fix it or give me a new one then lol. That or you could tell them if you get in a wreck because your vehicle failed to maneuver correctly that would be a bad lawsuit after the news finds out your vehicle was deemed fine.

If I could get my case manager to return my calls, that'd be a great start.

Maybe I should post her name and number so we can all call and leave a voice mail?

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I'm betting Jeep was damaged during shipping, repaired and not disclosed. Dealership may not even be aware it was damaged.

Possibly frame was tweaked or ? . Even if new replacement factory parts were installed something was damaged/tweaked causing the issue.

Time to tell them you want a new jeep to replace this defective one or you'll be contacting a Attorney and news media.

jeeeep

Hooked
you have a lot more patience than I do if it's been 200+ days, I would have contacted the state AG at 30 days and definitely would have been calling Chrysler after the 3rd attempt and let them know I was going to pursue Lemon Law with the AG.

I had to do that on a brand new 2005 GC that had a non-working 4x4 because the dealer told me it was too new and parts were not available. After calling Chrysler and leaving a message I was going to contact the AG and State Consumer Affairs and begin Lemon Law procedures I had a call back the same day and the needed part the next morning. Funny part, when the service manager called me to let me know they had received the part he acted like it was his doing - of course I busted his balls and called BS on him lol.

in a nut shell ".... authorized dealer cannot repair the vehicle after three attempts or the vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of 30 or more days during the term of protection...."

there's more to it but I would have contacted the AG or state consumer affairs long ago.

Pyro1415

Drive to the dealer wreck into a bunch of new grand cherokee srt8s or Rubicon and say you couldnt turn correctly because of the steering

Voodoo Actual

you have a lot more patience than I do if it's been 200+ days, I would have contacted the state AG at 30 days and definitely would have been calling Chrysler after the 3rd attempt and let them know I was going to pursue Lemon Law with the AG.

I had to do that on a brand new 2005 GC that had a non-working 4x4 because the dealer told me it was too new and parts were not available. After calling Chrysler and leaving a message I was going to contact the AG and State Consumer Affairs and begin Lemon Law procedures I had a call back the same day and the needed part the next morning. Funny part, when the service manager called me to let me know they had received the part he acted like it was his doing - of course I busted his balls and called BS on him lol.

in a nut shell ".... authorized dealer cannot repair the vehicle after three attempts or the vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of 30 or more days during the term of protection...."

there's more to it but I would have contacted the AG or state consumer affairs long ago.

Chrysler Resolution is attempting to play games. They only leave voice mails at odd hours and tell me they have a settlement in mind - what they mean is they think I'll accept some small amount of cash and drop a lemon case. They are wrong and only increasing their own liability.

They have also claimed that the service advisor refuses to call them back and has not sent them status updates etc.

The problem with that claim is ice been standing right there and watched the service advisor send the emails and listened to him leaving voice mails. While later in the day some assist leaves me a voice mail stating that my case manager still is unable to touch base with my service manager because he refuses to communicate with her. I can only assume that she thinks in a colossal idiot which is both funny and insulting. Again, they are only increasing their own liability.

Drive to the dealer wreck into a bunch of new grand cherokee srt8s or Rubicon and say you couldnt turn correctly because of the steering

It's well documented so this is reasonable and plausible.

I also have a loud clanking noise coming from under the floor pan on the drivers side. You can feel the clank as well. I have no idea what it is but this is the first JK I've drive. Where I have heard or felt it.

Pyro1415

Yeah I have a 2010 liftef with stock everything but coils and its straight as an arrow and makes no noise except from my failing ball joints. This is unacceptable but its the norm for Chrysler

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
The vehicle has spent over 200 days in the shop - I'm assuming they looked at things like ball joints but I can ask.

The issue is a constant torque on the wheel which leads me to believe it's not something like ball joints. If it were I'd suspect the issue would go both ways depending on the road etc.

How would ball joints be trashed out of the assembly line anyways?

I've seen it happen, and it is often overlooked. The original assembly is so lame that it can (even documented in article on "SLEEPER JK" in ex 4 Wheel Magazine) be destroyed very quickly in the first few 1000 miles of the assembly line.......go guess.

Top Bottom