JK Steering Box, Rotopax, KC Hilites, Maxbilt Tail Lamps - SD, CA

Trail JK

I wheeled with tgoss (and others) once, a few months ago. I hadn't met him before that trip and haven't spoken with him since. On the trip he seemed to me like a stand up guy. He was among the first to lend a hand when my rig had some issues, and again when another needed some work. Maybe he ripped off a guy here, maybe not. Nothing I saw suggested to me that he's a thief. There's always another side to every story, and it seems like some people are jumping to conclusions on very sketchy information.

I'm not sure how the buyer not getting his stuff can be considered very sketchy information. Nothing stand up about that. Just sayin. If there was a truly compelling other side of the story I think it would've been said by now by tgoss but it wasn't. Just because you wheeled with someone one doesn't mean you know them or their character.

Ya know if I had seen this I would have definitely hit him up. But I have a real job that can get pretty hectic and so I'm just now seeing this and it seems like he's aware of whatever situation there is and trying to resolve it. Maybe if someone had PM'd one of those said people it might have been noticed sooner through my email.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is he aware that his buyer is requesting a tracking number? Or is that been discussed in the situation room?

fiend

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure how the buyer not getting his stuff can be considered very sketchy information. Nothing stand up about that. Just sayin. If there was a truly compelling other side of the story I think it would've been said by now by tgoss but it wasn't. Just because you wheeled with someone one doesn't mean you know them or their character.

Exhibit A.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Are you being profound? I'm not sure what you mean by Exhibit A.

It means "here is an example of what I'm talking about."

BTW, note the screen shot in this thread where tgoss says he sent the package to the buyer but it was returned. As I said, there's always more to the story.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wheeled with tgoss (and others) once, a few months ago. I hadn't met him before that trip and haven't spoken with him since. On the trip he seemed to me like a stand up guy. He was among the first to lend a hand when my rig had some issues, and again when another needed some work. Maybe he ripped off a guy here, maybe not. Nothing I saw suggested to me that he's a thief. There's always another side to every story, and it seems like some people are jumping to conclusions on very sketchy information.

Over the last 25+ years, I have personally met and wheeled with countless guys that I've met on the internet. Most seemed like really stand up guys and a few I used to call good friends. It is a funny thing how time has a way of showing people's true colors. If a one time encounter is enough for you to go to bat for this guy, more power to you. I personally don't care for him and his welcome here has long been over. Fortunately, if there's one good thing I can say about him, at least he's man enough to just leave. With that said, nobody here is interested in his honor being defended - just that he does the right thing. Apparently, he is doing that now and I'm glad that we were able to help encourage that.

BTW, note the screen shot in this thread where tgoss says he sent the package to the buyer but it was returned. As I said, there's always more to the story.

Right, because a stand up guy would wait to be contacted by the guy he sold stuff to and already took money from instead of taking the initiative when the package was returned. Clearly, there's always more to the story. :rolleyes2:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Right, because a stand up guy would wait to be contacted by the guy he sold stuff to and already took money from instead of taking the initiative when the package was returned. Clearly, there's always more to the story. :rolleyes2:

^^This! :clap2::clap2:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Perhaps the buyer can provide his account here of how this ended up and whether the many suppositions posted by others are accurate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps the buyer can provide his account here of how this ended up and whether the many suppositions posted by others are accurate.

Right, because the account the buyer posted up stating how he tried contacting your pal, "more than once and paid over a month ago" and got "no replies" must be inaccurate and anything we might be able to take from it must clearly be "supposition". Of course, whatever account you've been told by your pal MUST be accurate and the truth. It is funny though how your pal only decided to do something AFTER he was called out. But hey, he is a stand up guy.

WJCO

Meme King

I truly hope the buyer and tgoss have worked this out, however, post 18 was a major red flag for me. For a buyer to ask for a tracking number on the open forum tells me he was waiting, was getting impatient, and had already contacted the seller before he felt this was his last option (which turned out to be true). Regardless of miscommunications, I don't think this situation was fair to the buyer at all.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Right, because the account the buyer posted up stating how he tried contacting your pal, "more than once and paid over a month ago" and got "no replies" must be inaccurate and anything we might be able to take from it must clearly be "supposition". Of course, whatever account you've been told by your pal MUST be accurate and the truth. It is funny though how your pal only decided to do something AFTER he was called out. But hey, he is a stand up guy.

Are you not interested in whether one of your members resolved this issue to his satisfaction?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you not interested in whether one of your members resolved this issue to his satisfaction?

I would EXPECT nothing less than the member in question having the issued resolved and to his satisfaction. That was the whole point of calling your stand up buddy out - to hold him accountable. But clearly, that isn't something you're interested in.

OverKill

Thanks JK_Dave for contacting tgoss. He sent me a message, gave me his email and number, I replied to both, issue resolved, sent email with tracking. All is well that ends well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks JK_Dave for contacting tgoss. He sent me a message, gave me his email and number, I replied to both, issue resolved, sent email with tracking. All is well that ends well.

Sucks that it took you having to post up about all this on the forum to get any help but I'm glad that it worked for you.

Journeyman

So out of curiosity for myself and probably a few others, where was the mix up?
Mix up on the info exchanged email/phone number/address etc.
I don't see a guy who has 35k in running gear under his jeep intentionally screwing someone over a used gear box. But I've been wrong before [emoji848]

Top Bottom