JL interior?

jorgelrod

Hooked
But the question is? Did they remove the Annoying Uconnect message when answering the handsfree???
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I'm pretty happy with my '07 interior...though the JLs looks a lot nicer. I'm just not sure I would want to get in the Jeep after trudging through mud or other trail grime.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

GraniteCrystal

I'll stick with my JK interior personally. When you start making it too nice, people stop doing DIY stuff to it. Can't imagine doing some of the stuff I've done to mine inside a Bugatti for example

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I'll stick with my JK interior personally. When you start making it too nice, people stop doing DIY stuff to it. Can't imagine doing some of the stuff I've done to mine inside a Bugatti for example

Leave it to you to compare a Jeep to a Bugatti LOL

But I get what you're saying. Even with my TJ, I wouldn't do half the crap I've done to it on a JK... they are just too nice in my eyes.

rabbitdave

Don't like that we have not seen a soft top yet. Looking at the interior it looks like the top is going to be the same as the Nitro with the panoramic sunroof. Gone are the days of going topless with just a roll cage and sound bar.

JAGS

Hooked
All the fancy things will make getting to the trail head (by that I mean trader joes) so much nicer. :yup:

I wasn't into the jeep thing in 07 or much prior to the 2012 revamp, but I'm sure those who were Like Eddie and others can attest to how everyone said how "too nice" the JKs were and nobody would ever want to cut them up. And now the JKs are one of the, or the, most capable offroad vehicles out there.

f14framer

Exactly.. First jeep interior I had seen since my '88 4.2l YJ that I sold in '03 was my '12 sport last year and I couldn't get over how it had changed!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Don't like that we have not seen a soft top yet. Looking at the interior it looks like the top is going to be the same as the Nitro with the panoramic sunroof. Gone are the days of going topless with just a roll cage and sound bar.

I disagree. I don't think Jeep would make the Wrangler NOT have a topless/doorless option. That's one of the biggest iconic features of a Jeep, and they know if they took that away the enthusiasts would give them hell lol.

What I'm worried about, is how hard it's going to be to go topless... kind of like flipping the windshield down; every new model that has come out since the original CJ, has been a little harder to drop the windshield.

rabbitdave

I disagree. I don't think Jeep would make the Wrangler NOT have a topless/doorless option. That's one of the biggest iconic features of a Jeep, and they know if they took that away the enthusiasts would give them hell lol.

What I'm worried about, is how hard it's going to be to go topless... kind of like flipping the windshield down; every new model that has come out since the original CJ, has been a little harder to drop the windshield.

The topless option looks to be the same as the Safari concept from EJS 2017. Just think built in door surrounds. Then like the Safari it is going to be hard plastic tops only with no soft top options as they will not be needed. You may have an option of a cloth sliding panel like the Nitro's. The new JL is just a bigger Nitro with solid axles.

longarmwj

The radio looks to be android based too!!!!!!!!! That would be awesome!

It's not android based, however it will offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

All those photos seem legit except for the terrain select. All of the internal sources I've seen seem to indicate the traditional mechanical transfercase, however they could have changed it.

I do really like the interior style though. Seems very clean and modern. I'm really gonna have to resist the urge to trade the JK in lol

PureFun

All the new upgraded items are nice but they will come with a price...it appears they are at least upgrading the interior to much higher standards...that Cherokee/Grand Cherokee type standard will come with Cherokee/Grand Cherokee type prices...I fear the finished product may not be as affordable as the last version...

twshoemaker

I've had a hard time believing the niceness of the JK dash after having a couple of YJs. My JK seems almost too nice for a Jeep. The JL dash may pass for a luxury car! I'd love a throw back model with basic finishes. Not griping though, we may all get spoiled by it.

Well, I for one will probably get one in 2019 or 2020 just because of the 3.0L Diesel... Been wanting a diesel in my Wrangler for forever since my 94 YJ... But maybe AEV or someone will have a factory swap for the 3.0L eco diesel that will be legal here in SoCal so I can just keep my 2016...

Top Bottom