JL interior?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I've had a hard time believing the niceness of the JK dash after having a couple of YJs. My JK seems almost too nice for a Jeep. The JL dash may pass for a luxury car! I'd love a throw back model with basic finishes. Not griping though, we may all get spoiled by it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sadly for us, FCA group sells a lot more Jeeps to soccer mom's at the mall then they do to us enthusiasts who use them for what their intended purpose is. I'm sure it will still be semi-rugged, though!

Turbotastic

I think the new interior looks great. Though with all the electronics, modding while keeping all the systems happy becomes even tougher.

Rujero

That's a lot of buttons...

Call me old fashioned, but I do like the "utilitarian" basic interior that the current JK interior much more than than my wife's interior of her new 2016 Cherokee LTD. She has a ton more features and creature comforts, but even after having it a year I still get confused when trying to do stuff. That's only my opinion, though!

I'm with you, my friend. I wish there was a stripped out version more affordable that would be basically just a building platform.

-r

jagrubb99

We knew this was coming for a while now. Not super fond of this or the e-parking brake.
Yeah, this is the exact tranfer case selector in the Cherokee Trailhawk and i absolutely hate it. My sister drives one and my 2 least favorite features of the vehicle are the electronic parking brake and the auto-stop feature. The later is absolutely idiotic and stupid annoying. I dont see it being useful unless possibly in standstill traffic. Also every time you turn the feature off, it resets when the ignition is turned off and you have to turn it off every time you drive it. Its getting to the point where you need an electrical/computer engineering degree in order to fix anything on these vehicles any more.

jeeeep

Hooked
looks like FCA is going after the high-end market, already pushing it with $40k+ tags on the latest models all due to interior but 2018 looks more GC like.

Guess since the Wrangler seems to always get compared to luxury SUV why not make it more comparable??

reminds me of how the truck market managed to change the truck from your basic hauler to luxury interior @ $60k+ but in the end it's still a truck...

don't care for the knob function, but I'm guessing/hoping these photos are for some mall only wrangler and the trail model will be different. it's already a hassle when some electrical thing goes awry, I wouldn't want some knob connected to a electrical/mutli-use module screwing up on the trail.

I'm thinking I better move on a 2017 now... :thinking:

DECKER

The Wrangler should be the last rig with all this fancy upgrade stuff. Why? Because it just means more that can, and will go wrong. Is it cool? Yes, but Jeep as a brand has other models for this!
Jumping from my 99 Tj to my 2016 JKUR felt like jumping onto a space ship, and if you think about it the JK is still a ancient in tech compared to other rigs. Now the JL seems like the Jeep feeling is slipping away more so than when the JK was announced.
I would rather Jeep took that extra money from the tech, and put it towards stronger axles, larger tires (35's min), better suspension geometry , and anything else making Jeep more of a jeep than a Lexus!

twshoemaker

The Wrangler should be the last rig with all this fancy upgrade stuff. Why? Because it just means more that can, and will go wrong. Is it cool? Yes, but Jeep as a brand has other models for this!
Jumping from my 99 Tj to my 2016 JKUR felt like jumping onto a space ship, and if you think about it the JK is still a ancient in tech compared to other rigs. Now the JL seems like the Jeep feeling is slipping away more so than when the JK was announced.
I would rather Jeep took that extra money from the tech, and put it towards stronger axles, larger tires (35's min), better suspension geometry , and anything else making Jeep more of a jeep than a Lexus!

Well said

madstiles

I have an 08 and I pressure wash the interior I would be scared to do that with this way too many electrical thingamabobs for me. On the other hand my wife would probably love it and we are going to need another vehicle soon 😁

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Learo2000GT

I would imagine the spy shots are the top of the line audio/electronics package or maybe like an overland model. Look at the differences in The dash options for a stock sport vs fully loaded rubicon with entertainment/electronics package with leather seats.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
It looks really nice, almost too nice. The more and more I see the JL, the happier I feel about my JK. Don't get me wrong, at some point I will buy another jeep for a DD and it may be a very comfortable JL.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I like the dash. The good thing is this looks like a decked out model so if anyone doesn't want all these options I'm sure you could always opt out of a few to get less buttons.

Top Bottom