JL vs JK

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
What kind of lift was it? I’m curious if it’s a “mopar” lift if they are still using rebranded Teraflex Springs giving additional lift. Either way that sucker looks sharp

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Mopar hasn't been using rebranded lifts for years now. They designed their own several years back. The JL lift was designed completely in house by MOPAR and is made by own suppliers except for the shocks which are fox and were tuned working with MOPAR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The outside slots. Just look weird to me with the headlights.

You mean like how they used to be?

20161230193004-3d0e929e.jpg

RockingK

Very cool 😎, thanks for sharing!

I client of mine who works for FCA brought his JL over! Got to drive it and compare it to mine for about 30 minutes. It’s amazing how big it is. He is on 35s with a 2” lift and high clearance fenders. He has more clearance in his wheels wells out of the dealership than I do with a 4.5” lift. View attachment 289584 View attachment 289585 View attachment 289586 View attachment 289587 View attachment 289588 View attachment 289589 View attachment 289590 View attachment 289591 View attachment 289592

It was 10 degrees out so I didn’t get a chance to really get into the mechanicals of it. Driving it, the interior updates are inane, but the ride is similar to the JK rubicon in feel. I can grab some more pictures tomorrow when I see him. Let me know if there are any shots you guys want.

I still can get over how big it was off “the lot”. It’s taller than mine on 37s with a 4.5 lift. Crazy!

TrailHunter

Hooked
LOL!! It's all good. I always thought it was kind of weird that Jeep did away with it.

Of all the new features on the JL (and there is a plethora).... I think my favorite, by far, is the new Grill. It really balances the front of the Jeep and that old school touch is icing on the cake. :thumb:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I'm seriously digging the JL. I really didn't think they could improve on the JK that much.

Ddays

Hooked
The interior is gorgeous. It’s at the same finish level as the grand Cherokee. For me at-least there is no reason to upgrade. The JL isn’t groundbreaking enough like the change from the LJ to the JKU. That was a global shift in the jeep world. After spending some time with it today, jeep did a fabulous job taking the JK further as a Jeep and as a Daily driver for the masses. It isn’t any more capable that where I am at now or offer anything really new except making it look more modern on the inside and out. I can say I truly love the updates and if you are in the market, go for it!!

This is where I'm at with the JK/JL. ^^ I'm set with my JKU and absolutely love it where its at. However, the JL has grown on me enough that in a year or so when I need a new company car/DD, this is what I'm going to be looking at.
The diesel will be out when I'm ready so that could be in play as well as It'd actually make it attractive as a DD for me.

Thanks for the comparison - that was really eye-opening!

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I’m in the same boat. I literally just bought my JKU last year and have invested a ton into it. Feel stuck. There’s no way I can justify making another purchase and rebuild for at least another 5 yrs. Time to play the lottery.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m in the same boat. I literally just bought my JKU last year and have invested a ton into it. Feel stuck. There’s no way I can justify making another purchase and rebuild for at least another 5 yrs. Time to play the lottery.

Same boat here as well... Your Jeep is bad ass.... And just think where the JL will be in 5 years.... Win, Win.

ljvsnyder

The more I see the JL the more I want one. not needing to upgrade the suspension to get bigger tires is a big plus in my book.

Top Bottom