KP's JKUR Build

KPM171

since you have the spod, you dont really need much of the harness that comes with the lights correct? like you can hook them up directly? I will be adding some more lights soon and finally have my spod in.
Correct, these are on switch 2 for me at the moment. I trimmed quite a bit of wiring off once I decided what path it was going to take under the hood/cowl and tossed the rest in my spare parts bin.

KPM171

Over the River & Thru the woods... (Rocker Covers)

As my sPod switch panel has been filling up, I've actually started to get confused about which switch does what. Yeah, I know there are only 6 switches... how hard can it be?!? Maybe I'm getting senile already? Let's hope not! I picked up a set of 6 assorted rocker covers from OTRATTW to replace the standard blue ones that came with my sPod. Before you ask, no I don't have roof lights nor am I sure I want roof light bar, but I needed a 6th switch to fill the blank spot so 'roof lights' it is.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389884779.277596.jpg

Popping off the covers is fairly simple, just gently (but firmly) pull the switch cover out. I found that process to be quite unnerving honestly and figured out that it takes a little finesse. I didn't want to break any plastic from the existing rocker covers b/c that would have turned into hours of removing the sPod and the rocker just to fish out a small piece from the inside of one of the rocker or perhaps have to replace one.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389884756.328748.jpg

The new covers just click into the existing openings (much less eerie!). The finished product looks quite nice if I do say so myself and it serves the functional purpose of preventing any confusion as to which switch does what.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389884768.926733.jpg

Last edited:

KPM171

You could have gone with passenger eject :crazyeyes:
That would have been great... until I needed to eject a passenger and flipped the switch with a menacing grin. The awkward silence of nothing happening and the passenger staring at me that followed is just not worth it.

bl17z90

That would have been great... until I needed to eject a passenger and flipped the switch with a menacing grin. The awkward silence of nothing happening and the passenger staring at me that followed is just not worth it.

We could install one.......all we need is a jack in the box and a switch. Use the parts from that under the seat and the switch as a trigger to be activated by the button.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Lookin good KP I really want a sPOD myself but can't get myself to blow $300+ on one at the moment :sigh:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Lookin good KP I really want a sPOD myself but can't get myself to blow $300+ on one at the moment :sigh:

I had the same issue, and just made myself order it lol. Ive had rocklights waiting for a while however and wanted to add some more lights so this was just the easiest for me. If only 11+ interriors had better spots for switches...well for the guys who have manuals at least.

KPM171

The bracket install is pretty straight forward, simply pull two bolts from the a-pillar, pop the gasket on, then the bracket and tighten it all back up. Unfortunately, the light brackets didn’t line up very well. I don’t know if I got a defective piece or the holes weren’t drilled properly, but mine sits fairly crooked. I’ve contacted RockHard4x4 about it, but as of this posting I haven’t heard anything back. In the image below, the green line signifies where they are supposed to line up (just like the ones from KC or Poison Spyder do), the blue line is where they fall naturally, and the red line is how far up you can push them. However, when you push them up to get them close, then you expose the bolt hole in the a-pillar.

View attachment 64412
Just heard back from the guys at RockHard4x4 (Super nice guys by the way). It turns out that my brackets aren't defective, this is the way they were designed to sit on the body. Since that's the case, I'm putting them back in a box and swapping out for a set from Poison Spyder. I don't know about you, but I like my lights nice and level.

bl17z90

Just heard back from the guys at RockHard4x4 (Super nice guys by the way). It turns out that my brackets aren't defective, this is the way they were designed to sit on the body. Since that's the case, I'm putting them back in a box and swapping out for a set from Poison Spyder. I don't know about you, but I like my lights nice and level.

You and that ocd.

Sent from my phone?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I also have no need for one yet either :doh:

Sent from my phone?

Yeah well I'm actually getting lights here and there for good deals so I'm about at that point where It'd be a hell of a lot easier to just drop $455.06 or so (through River City Offroad) for the sPOD and save myself the time/hassle of wiring 4-6 switches to my Daystar lower dash panel (which sucks by the way Hinrich, you wouldn't want it anyway).

I had the same issue, and just made myself order it lol. I've had rock-lights waiting for a while however and wanted to add some more lights so this was just the easiest for me. If only 11+ interiors had better spots for switches...well for the guys who have manuals at least.

Yeah I'm seriously close to just saying F*CK IT! And clicking "Order" then hiding from my bank account :ahhhhh: Lmao

And like i mentioned above, the Daystar lower dash panels suck ass...they don't line up right so one side doesn't sit flush. I can't wait to get the sPOD and put my stock lower panel in there.

Last edited:

KPM171

I hope to have some nice comparison pix of stock vs. spacers vs. lifted in the coming weeks.
With out further delay, here are the before/after pics of all the suspension changes to date. From left to right, Stock >> Rock Krawler Long Travel 1.75" System >> Rock Krawler 3.5 Flex System.

Combo1-Side.jpg

Combo2-Angle.jpg

Combo3-Front.jpg

Combo4-Rear.jpg

Ldogg

The key is how clean it looks.... Plus how easy it makes installing new accessories. I think it's worth it every time I wire up something new.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390327661.226909.jpg

beans

The key is how clean it looks.... Plus how easy it makes installing new accessories. I think it's worth it every time I wire up something new.

View attachment 65536

OH WOW!!! WHERE did you get those???!!! :D :D I lovvvvve knobs, buttons and what not in Jeeps-- reminds me of the James Bond books! :D :D
Please tell me where you purchased those! :drool::drool::drool:

Top Bottom