Last straw, anybody feeling the same?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So far on my 13' I have had a leaky roof, water pump go out, and rear pinion seal leak. Its basically stock, TF leveling kit and 33s, that's it. May not be too big a deal, but it is to me considering its brand new and I have only put 5400 miles on it. In my opinion, any new vehicle should not have mechanical issues like that. Sorry to hear your having so many issues. I know for me, if I continue to have problems its going away. Id hate to get rid of it, but any new vehicle that has issues is not worth it to me, no matter how much I love the brand or driving it every day. Well see. :dont_know:

jeffd

Gotcha, I'm running 35's with 3.21's in my jeep and yeah, I wish I had new gears. I'm thinking about a possible change to a new or slightly used 2 door rubicon for the off the shelf capability since I won't have much money for mods. I was thinking manual locks and roll up windows would be ok on a 2 door and would make the jeep less prone to breaks in the future. I also love the new colors they came out with (granite, the silver metallic, and anvil) I will have to look into it a bit more. So you would say upgrading to a rubicon is worth it over a sport or other non rubicon?

I personally liked the manual locks and windows on my sport unlimited and never in 19000 miles think to myself dang I wished I had power windows and locks. But it bugged my wife and after 25 plus years of marriage I have learned when an opportunity to exploit the value of something you want comes up you better jump on it lol. This was a "honey but you know I love my jeep but if you really want power doors I will go ahead and see if I can make a deal lol.

KPM171

So far so good on my '13 JKUR. I'm at 8700 miles and the only thing that's happened was a leaky rear diff gasket seal, but I fixed that up when I put on my new diff cover. I had a TJ for 7+ years before my JK and it had it's share of warranty related repairs covered, but nothing crazy. I have had to go through a lemon law issue on another (non Jeep) vehicle before and it wasn't fun. If that's the route you plan to take my advice is document EVERYTHING, keep it insanely organized, document EVERYTHING again, and lawyer up.

Good luck, keep us posted and I really hope everything gets fixed for you asap!

So far on my 13' I have had a leaky roof, water pump go out, and rear pinion seal leak. Its basically stock, TF leveling kit and 33s, that's it. May not be too big a deal, but it is to me considering its brand new and I have only put 5400 miles on it. In my opinion, any new vehicle should not have mechanical issues like that. Sorry to hear your having so many issues. I know for me, if I continue to have problems its going away. Id hate to get rid of it, but any new vehicle that has issues is not worth it to me, no matter how much I love the brand or driving it every day. Well see. :dont_know:
That is how I feel as well. If a new vehicle is going to be sold, it shouldn't have any major problems. I'd understand if jeep put out a few troubled jeeps not knowingly and they were lemons but there seems to be too many people facing issues with their new jeeps. I hope everything works out for your jeep as well, they sure are fun to drive when you aren't annoyed with having it in the shop again

So far so good on my '13 JKUR. I'm at 8700 miles and the only thing that's happened was a leaky rear diff gasket seal, but I fixed that up when I put on my new diff cover. I had a TJ for 7+ years before my JK and it had it's share of warranty related repairs covered, but nothing crazy. I have had to go through a lemon law issue on another (non Jeep) vehicle before and it wasn't fun. If that's the route you plan to take my advice is document EVERYTHING, keep it insanely organized, document EVERYTHING again, and lawyer up.

Good luck, keep us posted and I really hope everything gets fixed for you asap!
I do not think I will be going the lemon route because I don't believe my jeep is considered a lemon. I may just try and sell it for what I can get and sell the sliders, and trek armor seat covers seperately and move on from there. I'm glad your jeep is doing well so far and hope it stays trouble free, I will keep updated

I personally liked the manual locks and windows on my sport unlimited and never in 19000 miles think to myself dang I wished I had power windows and locks. But it bugged my wife and after 25 plus years of marriage I have learned when an opportunity to exploit the value of something you want comes up you better jump on it lol. This was a "honey but you know I love my jeep but if you really want power doors I will go ahead and see if I can make a deal lol.

Yup. You just have to choose your battles, whatever makes the wife happy. I wouldn't mind manual locks or windows on a 2 door, 4 doors might get a little annoying for me but not a big deal. I will be looking into the different options and packages I can get and see if manual door locks and windows will work with what I want.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Geez, I feel lucky. I have 24K miles on my 2012 JKUR and not one trouble to this point. Not sure what I would do if it gave me lots of problems. My CJ's were relatively simple and very reliable vehicles. This JK scares the electronic, computerized, NHTB mandated crap outta me. Actually I know what I would do if it started seriously rebelling on me. I'd kick it out of the garage, find it a new home and go back to the "days of yesteryear". But, so far so good.:yup:

Geez, I feel lucky. I have 24K miles on my 2012 JKUR and not one trouble to this point. Not sure what I would do if it gave me lots of problems. My CJ's were relatively simple and very reliable vehicles. This JK scares the electronic, computerized, NHTB mandated crap outta me. Actually I know what I would do if it started seriously rebelling on me. I'd kick it out of the garage, find it a new home and go back to the "days of yesteryear". But, so far so good.:yup:

Too much computerized garbage in modern cars. I'm sure your CJ probably had less than 10 wires throughout the jeep. Hopefully yours continues to stay problem free!

StrizzyChris

Im not gonna lie, Id be frustrated too if I were you! I have only had the head issue so far, but am very fearful of what MAY happen next to my 2013. At least with my 2007 and the slug of a 3.8L reliability was never an issue. :grayno:

Im not gonna lie, Id be frustrated too if I were you! I have only had the head issue so far, but am very fearful of what MAY happen next to my 2013. At least with my 2007 and the slug of a 3.8L reliability was never an issue. :grayno:

Hopefully as was stated earlier, the newer (2013-2014) models have less problems than the early 2012 models. I believe my jeep was assembled in 2011 so there may be more issues that they didn't know about at the time

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Too much computerized garbage in modern cars. I'm sure your CJ probably had less than 10 wires throughout the jeep. Hopefully yours continues to stay problem free!

My '48 CJ. Note the whole wiring harness on the drivers side firewall and the old school CD ignition on the passenger side. There were no fault codes and no limp home mode.
350.jpg

jeepmojo

i had tranny out at under 3000 miles

ticking noise but they wont replace head till code I guess 17,000 miles on it tranny has roll over noise in neautral keep hearing the same ol crap from all dealers saying some do make noises some don't youl never get rid of the noise , why should anyone be stuck with ticking and noisey trannys after paying over 31 grand
I drive it just the same but I cant say id try another one after this one if its noisey that's one thing if it is problems later im done with jeeps ueh I like how it works off road but I can live with a truck next time lol IMG_0097 (2).jpg so yeh ur not alone with Chrysler issues I guess

Last edited:
ticking noise but they wont replace head till code I guess 17,000 miles on it tranny has roll over noise in neautral keep hearing the same ol crap from all dealers saying some do make noises some don't youl never get rid of the noise , why should anyone be stuck with ticking and noisey trannys after paying over 31 grand
I drive it just the same but I cant say id try another one after this one if its noisey that's one thing if it is problems later im done with jeeps ueh I like how it works off road but I can live with a truck next time lol View attachment 57530 so yeh ur not alone with Chrysler issues I guess

When I took mine in for ticking, there was no mention of any code, I think they just swapped it out and my tranny is feeling funny but they told me there's nothing wrong with it and replaced the fluids and filter. Sorry to hear they won't help you one bit. It seems like they're just postponing the problems. What year is yours?

Well, jeeps at the orange coast jeep dealer off of Harbor blvd. we'll see how well they take care of me and my jeep.

Problems being addressed:
-check engine light (02 sensor, vacuum pump, transmission ground wire)
-hardtop leaks (2 leaks)
-transmission issue (jumps into gears)
-recall (notice came yesterday)
-door hinge paint is bubbling

I will post the results of the 7th trip to the dealer once I get it back. Hopefully they can fix it and my issues will be resolved!

And lastly, a nice 2 door rubicon I happened to see at OC motorsports down the street
re2amy4u.jpg

Makes me want a 2 door more

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I do feel sorry for you. I've had no problem with my 2011 and it has over 43,000 mall crawling miles on it.:) I have had that mysterious water leak under the floor mat to deal with, but not a big problem. All kidding aside don't just check lemon laws. There are also "hidden recalls". My wife has a Honda Civic and a few years ago had some tranny problems. Googled and found several other consumers had same problem. We used that to fight the high repair bill starting at over $2500 and ending up paying around $250 and with a warranty as well.

Tackerdown

Banned
There is also another way to get money out of this if you don't qualify for the lemon law. I has something to do with the fact that your vehicle will now have marks on it from say car facts and will show more depreciation there for not being worth as much for trade or out right sale. I believe my sons girl got a few thousand from the dealer because they had to replace all her pistons. Down side is that if you take the money that's all you get. I guess they gave her what they figured she would loose on a trade or sale due to the repairs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

There is also another way to get money out of this if you don't qualify for the lemon law. I has something to do with the fact that your vehicle will now have marks on it from say car facts and will show more depreciation there for not being worth as much for trade or out right sale. I believe my sons girl got a few thousand from the dealer because they had to replace all her pistons. Down side is that if you take the money that's all you get. I guess they gave her what they figured she would loose on a trade or sale due to the repairs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

As in, they would give you X amount of dollars (amount lost from repairs) and you still are able to sell it for what you can get out of it? It seems like a good option, how would you go about this option?

Top Bottom