Longarmwj builds a JKU

longarmwj

Got the CB installed! Cobra 29 LX paired with a Firestik 4' antenna. Used a mount I got off Amazon for 10 bucks, and I'm actually very pleased with how heavy duty it was. Ran the coax cable through the vent in the tailgate and behind all the trim, up through the roll bar padding so it's completely hidden. The CB mounts up with the Rugged Ridge CB mount. The only thing I plan on changing is the antenna, I think I am going to order a 3' antenna because the 4' seems a bit too tall.
IMG_3527.jpg
IMG_3528.jpg
IMG_3529.jpg
IMG_3531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Got the CB installed! Cobra 29 LX paired with a Firestik 4' antenna. Used a mount I got off Amazon for 10 bucks, and I'm actually very pleased with how heavy duty it was. Ran the coax cable through the vent in the tailgate and behind all the trim, up through the roll bar padding so it's completely hidden. The CB mounts up with the Rugged Ridge CB mount. The only thing I plan on changing is the antenna, I think I am going to order a 3' antenna because the 4' seems a bit too tall.
View attachment 271635
View attachment 271636
View attachment 271637
View attachment 271638

I tried a 4', and it was a little much.

longarmwj

Got the lift on yesterday. Wow what a difference it makes!! Initial impressions of this lift are amazing. Easy installation, good quality parts, and nice packaging. It also rides like a dream and flexes very nice. Once it settles some it'll probably flex and ride even better. I won't get a chance to really rest it out for a couple of weeks though. The urge to just leave town and hit a trail is eating away at me big time LOL!
IMG_3627.jpg
IMG_3628.jpg
IMG_3624.jpg

notnalc68

Got the lift on yesterday. Wow what a difference it makes!! Initial impressions of this lift are amazing. Easy installation, good quality parts, and nice packaging. It also rides like a dream and flexes very nice. Once it settles some it'll probably flex and ride even better. I won't get a chance to really rest it out for a couple of weeks though. The urge to just leave town and hit a trail is eating away at me big time LOL!
View attachment 273277
View attachment 273278
View attachment 273279

Very nice!

WJCO

Meme King
Looks good. Did it come will all adjustable arms or fixed front lowers or what? First I've heard of a JK with this lift. Just curious.

longarmwj

Looks good. Did it come will all adjustable arms or fixed front lowers or what? First I've heard of a JK with this lift. Just curious.
Stock arms!! I was slightly concerned that it was going to ride tough, but I'm happy to say that it doesn't. This lift is PERFECT for somebody who wants a 4 inch at a great price, but doesn't want shit (Rough Country/Terrorflex), but can't afford top shelf (Evo) just yet. I think with a set of Evo arms, this suspension will be perfect.
Nice job on the fender trim. [emoji106] when you get bigger tires it'll make a huge difference in the ride as well.

Thanks!!! Tires are for sure needed. Money burning a hole in my pocket :cheesy:

WJCO

Meme King
Stock arms!! I was slightly concerned that it was going to ride tough, but I'm happy to say that it doesn't. This lift is PERFECT for somebody who wants a 4 inch at a great price, but doesn't want shit (Rough Country/Terrorflex), but can't afford top shelf (Evo) just yet. I think with a set of Evo arms, this suspension will be perfect.

Did it come with drop brackets or anything? Any way to boost the caster a little?

aTX427

A set of front lowers and you are good to go. Your project is coming along nicely.

longarmwj

In case anybody was wondering why I was dressed as Bane yesterday, I was doing some painting!! And the clear coat I was using was HIGHLY toxic, even in an open air environment. But I found a company online that sells OEM match paint, and I got one of their kits to paint my interior trim with. Man is it a perfect match!!! And it really livened up the interior so it isn't just a sea of black and grey anymore!! I painted the oh shut handle, door trim, and AC vent bezels. Small cheap mod, but made a huge difference!

Obviously before, during, and after:
IMG_3636.jpg
IMG_3639.jpg
IMG_3654.jpg

notnalc68

In case anybody was wondering why I was dressed as Bane yesterday, I was doing some painting!! And the clear coat I was using was HIGHLY toxic, even in an open air environment. But I found a company online that sells OEM match paint, and I got one of their kits to paint my interior trim with. Man is it a perfect match!!! And it really livened up the interior so it isn't just a sea of black and grey anymore!! I painted the oh shut handle, door trim, and AC vent bezels. Small cheap mod, but made a huge difference!

Obviously before, during, and after:
View attachment 273390
View attachment 273391
View attachment 273392

That looks killer.

Top Bottom