MetalCloak best bolt in ever!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't run them simply because they are ugly ass gold. Looks like something that should be on a lowered honda.

mackey

Let me guess, you also think Teraflex makes the best tire carrier ever. Ha haaaaaaa. Great April fools joke. Ugh..... So we hope........ :)

aermotor

Really, I was hoping you could answer this question.

I somehow don't think you really were.

I don't work there. I go by what they state on their site. When you look at how much their joint can flex compared to other joints there is no question. Does that relate to flexing your Jeep more? Who knows. I never said it did. I'm simply talking about the joint flex and what's shown in their videos is all.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
7105-CamparisonJointsAligned-Updated.jpg

I like geometry too, and this picture is hinky. It looks like the MC joint is entering the arm at a severe angle. Judging by the severity of the angle, there is maybe enough room for just a few threads of connection inside the arm. In other words, it would be impossible to screw the joint all the way into the arm.

Is the MC joint really inserted offset (not straight) into the arm? If so, that sure as hell seems like a weak point in MC arms. If not, then MC has doctored up this photo to make the geometry look straighter on their arms.

Last edited:

K.D.C.H

I like geometry too, and this picture is hinky. It looks like the MC joint is entering the arm at a severe angle. Judging by the severity of the angle, there is maybe enough room for just a few threads of connection inside the arm. In other words, it would be impossible to screw the joint all the way into the arm.

Is the MC joint really inserted offset (not straight) into the arm? If so, that sure as hell seems like a weak point in MC arms. If not, then MC has doctored up this photo to make the geometry look straighter on their arms.

Great point. I honestly wouldn't have noticed that but not after seeing it there's no way that would be that strong.

jims68

I have to apologize I forgot till now I posted this! Yes April Fools! It's not the Best no ones is and I only have the ARB not the six pack! Is it a good all around lift for the casual off-roader maybe not to overly aggressive in the hairy stuff, you bet! But then we are messing with light axles, especially the Dana 30, and for some a van motor! Not the Best platform out of the box but can be built into a formidable off road package. It's built for the masses but at least we can change or tailor it to your liking! My Boss didn't like my joke on him this morning right away! Told him I was done Friday, found a new job. He calls back a couple of hours later after thinking about it and calls BS especially on April Fools! At least it took his mind off of other things for a couple of hours! Usually he is pretty serious but said this was a good one! Hopefully none of you got fired for your shenanigans today! Have a good night!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the fact that they are innovating and doing something different than just ripping off JJs.

You're right, at least they're trying to do something different. If you want to test them out on your Jeep, more power to you. Me, I prefer to use what has been thoroughly tested, proven to be the best for 20+ years and used on Ultra4 race rigs. Of course, that's just me.

Their arm geometry is interesting as well....

7105-CamparisonJointsAligned-Updated.jpg

Ummm, yeah, I don't think so. That illustration is imaginative at best and designed to sell an idea to suckers who don't know any better. If nothing else, the Full-Traction arm uses an FK rod end which is essentially a uniball and there is NO other joint available that offers a greater degree of rotation and 100% bind free. To suggest otherwise is just disingenuous and it alone should discredit what is trying to be sold here.

...decreasing binding

Sorry, the concept behind the MC flex joints is interesting but I personally have worked with them and can tell you that they do require a degree of effort in order to rotate them in their joint. If decreasing bind is the only thing you're concerned with, a uniball is what you'd want. Of course, the down side to that is that uniballs offer no absorption and that's why they are typically found only on race rigs or on control arms that have a rubber or polyurethane bushing on the opposite end. Now, a Johnny Joint will not have ANY bind until it reaches it's limit and unless you have more flex than this, I can guarantee you that you'll NEVER reach that limit.

main.php

BTW, the only thing limiting our flex in the photo above are the limiting straps we have installed to prevent drive line bind.

The question is, will their bushing truly hold up (which it seems they are) to many years without needing to be rebuilt. Not to mention they are almost zero-maintenance. They have my attention at least.

Ummm, not exactly. They are working on it but this is what people were seeing early on...
mc-01.jpg

Granted, they have since made improvements but, here's what their zero maintenance joints will look like after a while.
MC-joint-01.jpg

MC-joint-02.jpg

That being said, I'm all for folks like you spending your hard earned money to test out new products. I mean, someone's gotta do it. :yup:

jims68

Sharkey, the joint is offset to the bolt so you have to turn it a full turn to get the angle back. That was one of there problems. Welding the joint you could break it, now they are one piece cast.

jims68

Eddie, I found a power steering product after doing Robbie's belt tensioner and pump relocation upgrade. The circle track guys up here swear by it and so far my PSC pump loves it. At 20 below the pump only complains for a couple of seconds now instead of a considerable time. Helps the pump is lower also though. Ever heard of this stuff or anyone else heard of it? It definitely doesn't foam! Was a pint short so it would loose prime and the reservoir looked like a flowing syrup. Food for thought. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427934251.112968.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427934264.473936.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I found a power steering product after doing Robbie's belt tensioner and pump relocation upgrade. The circle track guys up here swear by it and so far my PSC pump loves it. At 20 below the pump only complains for a couple of seconds now instead of a considerable time. Helps the pump is lower also though. Ever heard of this stuff or anyone else heard of it? It definitely doesn't foam! Was a pint short so it would loose prime and the reservoir looked like a flowing syrup. Food for thought.

I have not heard of this stuff and appreciate the heads up. During the winter, my pump did a bit of complaining too and will have to try this stuff.

Top Bottom