Middle Saint Vrain / Coney Flats. July 1st

aTX427

It looks like I will be in Colorado by Thursday night and may either do Blanco pass or head up north. Either way, I am down for Saturday and Sunday.

anviljk

It looks like I will be in Colorado by Thursday night and may either do Blanco pass or head up north. Either way, I am down for Saturday and Sunday.
Nice I'll put you on the going. Took a trip up one of the passes today. Drifts are still deep and water crossing are fun.

Sent from my SM-N920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

I have my truck and trailer. Should I unload there at Walmart, or wait until we get to the trailhead?

WJCO

Meme King
I have my truck and trailer. Should I unload there at Walmart, or wait until we get to the trailhead?

Don't unload at the trailhead. It's usually full and narrow and hard to find additional parking, especially on a holiday weekend.

In other news.....we were about 10 minutes away from the trailhead so we decided to take a peek. Gate is open! Usually when they do inspections and clearings, they lock it behind them, so this is a good sign. Sorry for the shitty photo, but it is open.

DSC05726.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Local Forest Service confirmed that the trails are open. They said they are very muddy, over 30 trees were cleared and that the main water crossing was 'high.' They didn't elaborate further on that.

Kyle7R

Local Forest Service confirmed that the trails are open. They said they are very muddy, over 30 trees were cleared and that the main water crossing was 'high.' They didn't elaborate further on that.

So...muddy?

Looks like the doors are staying on.

[emoji41]

Top Bottom