Mike's Granite JKU "B.O.D." Build Thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I got the call today from my shop that I had been waiting on for almost 10 weeks. My axles are HERE. Not just my axles, but EVO DD long arms too. Chamber pros are still on its way.

Driving out there tomorrow morning to check shit out because I simply cannot wait to see them any longer.

Install starts on 5/11 and should be done by 5/19 at the latest.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WooHoo!! Can't wait to see everything installed :thumb:

AdrockTT

Did yours have the ram tabs mounted/welded on the passenger steering knuckle? Mine came without (ordered early, they "weren't doing that yet" but kinda sounds like they forgot). Just curious there.

They sure do look stout don't they?

Are you doing the high clearance LAs or regular brackets?

Today we're having trouble getting the ABS/wheel speed sensors to fit/work. Has been lots of troubleshooting for me so far...but needing full custom rear brackets added to that headache.

I'm planning on being out at Go Topless too. Would love to see the build! What barrel or area are y'all meeting up at? Congrats on the big build Mike!

Not exactly sure yet of our plans. I really wanted to go wheeling that weekend, but I'll be breaking in the new gears. I want to go to wherever is going to have the LEAST amount of people lol. Do you know your plans yet?

WooHoo!! Can't wait to see everything installed :thumb:

You and me both!

Lets power snatch those things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I hate crossfit. Power snatch sounds so dirty lol

Oh man! Those axles are literally sex-in-a-box!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Better than sex in a box. Trust me on that...

If I could have fit in the box, I would have had a threesome with them beauts!

Did yours have the ram tabs mounted/welded on the passenger steering knuckle? Mine came without (ordered early, they "weren't doing that yet" but kinda sounds like they forgot). Just curious there.

They sure do look stout don't they?

Are you doing the high clearance LAs or regular brackets?

Today we're having trouble getting the ABS/wheel speed sensors to fit/work. Has been lots of troubleshooting for me so far...but needing full custom rear brackets added to that headache.

Yep, they come with the custom track bar and ram assist mounting package. It's a ridiculous set-up...these guys have it figured out.

AdrockTT

Not exactly sure yet of our plans. I really wanted to go wheeling that weekend, but I'll be breaking in the new gears. I want to go to wherever is going to have the LEAST amount of people lol. Do you know your plans yet?

Yep, they come with the custom track bar and ram assist mounting package. It's a ridiculous set-up...these guys have it figured out.

I have a place rented to the west of the washout on the Bolivar peninsula. I'll be down there w at least 2 other Jeepers and planning to meet up with several groups. Will be a nice chill weekend amidst the craziness of the event. Def not the option for the least amount of people at all though! Let me know if you come down (just text me) and we'll link up.

I have the same front axle steering and track bar mounts, but they neglected the ram mount tabs - so the shop will have to locate/fab them themselves instead.
I had to hack off the rear track bar mount as it wouldn't work with my setup...honestly, aside from the spring pads/UCA mounts/sway bar link tabs, we took everything off the rear axle. Also had to move the track bar mount on the frame side to clear the diff cover sufficiently under max stuff/flex. This did allow us to center the axle at ride height on a stock/OEM strong track bar though. We stretched the wheel base a few inches rearward as well. The alignment, pinion, and driveline angles are looking perfect though!

Good luck with the install. I am happy to help you troubleshoot if you run into any questions (from what knowledge I can offer anyway...)

Top Bottom