Moving to PA

Andy5160

Hooked
Sorry to derail the thread but since it's a bunch of PA guys I need some input.

So I'm from PA and moved to Cali for work back in 2012. My wife has been pushing to move back east, but now that I got a Jeep this year you know I'm gonna delay that as long as possible. The wheeling is just too good out here!

Anyway, how is it for you guys with tires sticking out past your fenders? Back in the day I got a ticket at the Carlisle truck show [emoji19] and I've heard nothing has changed. Then there's the annual inspection to deal with.

I have tentative plans to upgrade to full width Dynatrac 60's, but i could see those being an even bigger issue. The other option is I move to a more friendly state like NY or south of PA.

Thanks in advance for your input.

NY will do. Had not a single issue with my upgrades, honestly I don't even know what the fenders law here. I go to my guy and get an inspection done with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys, it is appreciated. Well it looks like PA will suck compared to arizona for wheeling, but its probably a good career move for me. We are opening a new site, so great for a resume! I will find out about the relocation package today.

Also would love a suds and grub or something when I am out there (looking first week of October)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for all the input guys, it is appreciated. Well it looks like PA will suck compared to arizona for wheeling, but its probably a good career move for me. We are opening a new site, so great for a resume! I will find out about the relocation package today.

Also would love a suds and grub or something when I am out there (looking first week of October)

Let me know and we can do a suds and grub or even a wheeling trip sometime shortly after you arrive

kas43082

Jeep Wave from South Philly- used to work in Malvern!

Well it looks like my work wants me to consider moving to Malvern PA. Other than rausch creek is it a friendly place to just wake up on a Saturday and go off roading?

I'll miss the Arizona trails for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hear there are some decent spots in NJ and DE- look into the Pine Barrens and I'll ask my friend about Delaware. She has a Wrangler too that she keeps down there and visits on the weekends (haha). I just got my Jeep recently and now have what I believe to be a broken suspension piece that I'm currently trying to identify so that I can get it repaired ASAP. Looks like a bunch of soldering is involved to replace it or it may end up as an extremely expensive repair. (WTF) :eek:

Used to work in Malvern, whereabouts will you be employed? I had a long term contract with FIS, moved to Collegeville about halfway through, though. Right now I'm based out of south Philly. :standing wave:

I hear there are some decent spots in NJ and DE- look into the Pine Barrens and I'll ask my friend about Delaware. She has a Wrangler too that she keeps down there and visits on the weekends (haha). I just got my Jeep recently and now have what I believe to be a broken suspension piece that I'm currently trying to identify so that I can get it repaired ASAP. Looks like a bunch of soldering is involved to replace it or it may end up as an extremely expensive repair. (WTF) :eek:

Used to work in Malvern, whereabouts will you be employed? I had a long term contract with FIS, moved to Collegeville about halfway through, though. Right now I'm based out of south Philly. :standing wave:

It is located off Atwater Drive, zip is 19355

Well I have been kind of flakey around here lately. It has been made official, will be driving the JK to Malvern PA next Wednesday. The company is putting me up in an extended stay for 3 weeks while we look for a place to live. Look forward to being out there and meeting some of you guys/gals!

Also, what is the cold white stuff that you experience during the winter?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well I have been kind of flakey around here lately. It has been made official, will be driving the JK to Malvern PA next Wednesday. The company is putting me up in an extended stay for 3 weeks while we look for a place to live. Look forward to being out there and meeting some of you guys/gals!

Also, what is the cold white stuff that you experience during the winter?

Cocaine, lots and lots of cocaine.

Paws

There has to be trails in the Shenandoah mountains? I’ll be moving to northern VA over the next 5 months. Guess I’ll have to go out and explore.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I remember a thread a while back that mentioned a new park opening in VA or WVA, don't remember the name and I think it was kind of small. Hopefully someone remembers that and can provide some info about it.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
There has to be trails in the Shenandoah mountains? I’ll be moving to northern VA over the next 5 months. Guess I’ll have to go out and explore.

There are a few fire roads in the GWNF that you can ride around on. A few lead to some nice views of the valleys below. Flag pole knob and Long Run are two of the named ones.

I remember a thread a while back that mentioned a new park opening in VA or WVA, don't remember the name and I think it was kind of small. Hopefully someone remembers that and can provide some info about it.

I'm pretty sure that one was Red Cloud, which opened and closed in 2015. There was a rumor that it was reopened for invitation only events but last I read the land was sold and was going to be developed.

There is also Chaos Off Road park just over the boarder into WV but that one is only open a few times a year.

Top Bottom