My Daughter's "JK" Wagon

cdemeyer

Cool project. Can't wait to see what this ends up turning into. Just curious, what do you expect this thing to weigh?

The funny thing is that for all of the planning I did in cad I never thought to run the weights of the materials.

When she grows up you can throw a motor in that bad boy!

I constantly have to put myself in check. At one point I was looking into what it would take to use the drive train from an electric mobility scooter. But i stopped myself. It will have LED headlights and running lights though.

cdemeyer

I knew it really needed fenders to look like a jeep. I went back and forth on how to build them and finally settled on 1/4" thick black ABS plastic. I think it will do a good job of matching the plastic fender JK look. I apologize in advance. I completely forgot to take pictures of the process but I do have pics of them mounted up.

I ordered a small sheet of the ABS off the net along with special ABS glue. I cut small mounting flanges and bolted those to the body. With a heat gun I warmed up the plastic until it was pliable and matched the shape of the mounting flanges. Then I glued the whole thing up.

First pics of the fenders in their rough shape
20151206_170800.jpg 20151206_170751.jpg

A little cutting and shaping and It is really starting to look like a jeep.

20151212_143030.jpg 20151212_143042.jpg 20151212_143305.jpg 20151212_143156.jpg 20151212_143319.jpg 20151212_143343.jpg

I want to thank you guys for all of the positive feedback and encouragement. I am really enjoying this build.

Angry Aussie

This has to be one of the best builds on this forum. This thing is so cool. I want one! I don't even have a kid and I want one. Well done dude! Your gonna be the coolest dad in the neighborhood. Love the updates keep them coming and keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.

cdemeyer

Love this thing. Can't wait to see the color choice and if(how) you do the spare. Fenders look great!

The current plan is to paint it Stone White like her mother's Jeep. The local auto parts store has color match paint in a rattle can. There will be a spare tire but I do not have any pics of that set up right now.

Top Bottom