My Daughter's "JK" Wagon

cdemeyer

I have not updated in a few weeks. I got carpet and upholstery done. Then, as I think I am finished, my wife says that our daughter needs a steering wheel.

Pics of carpet and steering wheel. I do not have any good pics of the padded sides.

IMG-20160312-WA0002.jpg 20160228_173442.jpg

Another test fit. But this time we had to make sure the dog fit.

20160305_120808.jpg 20160305_120913.jpg

And finally I had to do some comparison shots by my wife's jeep since it was the inspiration for this build.

20160229_122922.jpg 20160229_122848.jpg

So I am calling this build done. Thanks again for all of the support and kind words from you guys. I really enjoyed doing this project and sharing it with this community.

swampdog

I have not updated in a few weeks. I got carpet and upholstery done. Then, as I think I am finished, my wife says that our daughter needs a steering wheel.

Pics of carpet and steering wheel. I do not have any good pics of the padded sides.

View attachment 196583 View attachment 196584

Another test fit. But this time we had to make sure the dog fit.

View attachment 196586 View attachment 196585

And finally I had to do some comparison shots by my wife's jeep since it was the inspiration for this build.

View attachment 196587 View attachment 196588

So I am calling this build done. Thanks again for all of the support and kind words from you guys. I really enjoyed doing this project and sharing it with this community.

The finished product is awesome. This is something you will cherish for a long time and will create a lot of memories with. A+

Angry Aussie

Thanks for sharing dude. I know I could never build or find what I needed to build one much less have the time to do it. It's been awesome to watch, thank you for sharing with us. It turned out so cool!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
DANG!!

Coilovers and everything! :eek:

I'm going to steel some of your pics to show the woman... :clap2: Love it!

Jegar

That is SOooooooo awesome!!!!! Definitely need to send pictures to Jeep and enter in car shows.

Awesome wagon.. I like the picture with your little girl and the dog in wagon. The smile tells me that she approves. :thumb: Great work

Brute

Hooked
I knew it really needed fenders to look like a jeep. I went back and forth on how to build them and finally settled on 1/4" thick black ABS plastic. I think it will do a good job of matching the plastic fender JK look. I apologize in advance. I completely forgot to take pictures of the process but I do have pics of them mounted up.

I ordered a small sheet of the ABS off the net along with special ABS glue. I cut small mounting flanges and bolted those to the body. With a heat gun I warmed up the plastic until it was pliable and matched the shape of the mounting flanges. Then I glued the whole thing up.

First pics of the fenders in their rough shape
View attachment 184908 View attachment 184909

A little cutting and shaping and It is really starting to look like a jeep.

View attachment 184915 View attachment 184914 View attachment 184912 View attachment 184913 View attachment 184911 View attachment 184910

I want to thank you guys for all of the positive feedback and encouragement. I am really enjoying this build.

This is WAY cool...I'm thinking it can be converted to a hose reel for my lawn...

or should I have said WAYALIFE cool...

Last edited:
Top Bottom