Napalm's Billet Steel Vol. 2! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Pictury Diary.

Napalm

Take them to a body shop and match the color of you jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ditto.

Thanks guys. I'll have to get a few quotes. I'm gonna look into three options of bed lining, powder coating, and then the most expensive of actually having them paint matched.

Definitely color match them. Looks awesome! Are you waiting for the uppers now?

The uppers will come but it looks like it'll be a while. After installing the doors, I realize how most of what I had heard about the terrible powdercoat was true. They will need to painted/powdercoated/bed lined soon!

look good Nate .. as for paint i would just powder coat em . bring em to that guy a little ways down the road and have him color match em for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm gonna do that! Hopefully he will be reasonable!

Looks good and I'm with the rest of the guys on color matching. With the soft uppers you really will have a lot more versatility. The other doors are great for what they are but are limited by the weather and zero security. Glad you found a semi-budget friendly solution that will work better for your needs.:thumb:

Thanks man! I loved the rancho doors but I needed something I could run with a little more flexibility.

Those doors look great! I'm with the others that say get them color-matched. [emoji106]

Yes sir, I'll have to get some quotes but we will see! Thank you :)

I like them, Nathan. I really want half doors, but they are at the bottom of the list, right now.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! I kind of wish I would have left them at home this morning because now that I made it to work it sure looks like rain!!! Haha.

They will definitely need something to prevent rust in the future. I'm going to look at three options. Bedlining them myself, powder coating them locally, and then having them color matched to Billet silver. Obviously, this is least to most expensive. And budget will be a big deciding factor in this. But I'll start out getting quotes and doing research.

Thanks for all the kind words and input :)

Napalm

Yay for semi covered fire station parking while avoiding the rain. I was too giddy about my new half doors to leave them at home and run my full doors.
IMG_2922.jpg
The more I mess/play with these Bestop doors, the more I love them.

hez decent did my sliders for 150 in white ..

That's not bad at all. I've honestly thought about a silver powdercoat even though I know it won't be a 100% perfect match to Billet Silver. Surely he will be reasonable on 4 pieces of sheet metal.

Napalm

The weather just would not cooperate, and not having uppers yet, the full doors had to go back on!
IMG_2935.jpg
The half doors have found a nice storage place in our guest bedroom.
IMG_2929.jpg

Napalm

i got a good spot to store em [emoji2]

Next thing you know he's going to be selling them for another set of trail doors and switching back to a factory soft top!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

lol yup im gonna give it the summer though .. i figure come the cooler temps then time to change( not that it gets to cold down here ) .. lol

Don't y'all worry, they are already back on. I couldn't take the full doors for more than a day :)
IMG_2942.jpg

Waiting for the replacement Enclosure panels from Bestop before going to get quotes on paint/powdercoat/vinyl wrap.

Napalm

Have you heard about Bestop having a new line of colored soft tops? [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have seen those! While Bestop is one of my favorite companies to spend my hard earned fun coupons with, I'm not sold on some of their new products such as the glide and the colored soft tops. They also have a new Trektop NX Plus that has an easier sunrider action.

lol kyle dont tell him that he'll wimd up swapping it out every few months for a new color ... ....

oh wait a min he already swaps em out for a different material, style now ,,, ahh heck never mind

LoL...this is true!

Napalm

There ya go, just like I said from the very beginning. :thumb:

Yes sir, I should have listened to you from the get go! They really are great doors. While I've had a few issues with them, Bestop has given me no issues as far as making things right.

If I ever get a set of half doors, I'll probably never run the full doors again, even in these near rain forest weather conditions we have.

Yes sir! If I wasn't painting these, I'd be able to get the uppers right away. But since they NEED to be painted, those will have to wait.

Napalm

I had a couple quotes for my rugged ridge and both were $900 for all 4. I'd be interested in knowing what you find up there.

Holy crap! That seems super high... mine will probably be less since they are just painting the 1/8 thick steel outer panel. Everything will be uninstalled(hinges, latches) as well, they will just have to prep and paint.

I will not be having them painted if it's $900! LoL!

Exodus 4x4

Holy crap! That seems super high... mine will probably be less since they are just painting the 1/8 thick steel outer panel. Everything will be uninstalled(hinges, latches) as well, they will just have to prep and paint.

I will not be having them painted if it's $900! LoL!

Well it'll probably be about the same since I only wanted the outside painted and also taking off the hinges and handles. I was pretty taken back and decided I could live with the look.

Top Bottom