Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

I'm glad to see you coming back around. ha ha this is the second time you have come back to the Trektop! you just cant beat how good they look and the way you feel every time you look at your own rig.

Nice, Napalm!

Wheels are awesome and right before I got to the last couple of pics I was thinking how good it would if you put the Trek Top back on! It's always nice when something bad turns into something good. Awesome!

Not at all Jeep related, but updating this build thread from our brand new MacBook Pro!

Revealing the plans for Stage 2 of Onyx's build tomorrow, Stay Tuned!;)

I'm glad to see you coming back around. ha ha this is the second time you have come back to the Trektop! you just cant beat how good they look and the way you feel every time you look at your own rig.

Yeah, You'd think i had learned the first time! Just Can't beat the Trek Top NX and in Texas, it's hard to have a hard top.

I hear ya. I can definitely understand your struggle to decide though.

Yeah, I'm pretty back and forth but at the end of the day, I think the Trek Top is the better fit for Onyx.

Nice, Napalm!

Wheels are awesome and right before I got to the last couple of pics I was thinking how good it would if you put the Trek Top back on! It's always nice when something bad turns into something good. Awesome!

Haha, I read your Mind! And yes, The spacers made a bad situation but I did my best to make the best out of it!

Relocated my LED down to my front bumper. Reason being, just because I hate the glare coming off the hood and they'd be great for doing night time recoveries.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434648231.889563.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434648255.227864.jpg

Last edited:
Did you use your wiring from the factory fogs for them lights? Will that even work? All I know about wiring is that I don't know anything about it.

LoL! I understand, same here! I rerouted the wiring harness for the lights, I knew that would be the easier option.

Alright, So after plenty of thinking and planning, I believe I have decided the Stage 2 build sheet for Onyx. This will take place over the next year!

Method Race Wheels "The Standard" 17x8.5
315/70/17 Tire. Unsure which brand/type at this point
AEV ProCal or Superchips FlashPaq
Grab Handles
Fender cut
Upgraded Tie Rod Ends & Drag Link (These failed first on my previous JK)
EVO MFG D-Ring Mounts for the Rear

This is all Onyx is in need for what she is used for. Daily Driving plus mild trail riding does not necessitate much more! This might change, or just get longer. But, for now this is the direction.

Alright, So after plenty of thinking and planning, I believe I have decided the Stage 2 build sheet for Onyx. This will take place over the next year!

Method Race Wheels "The Standard" 17x8.5
315/70/17 Tire. Unsure which brand/type at this point
AEV ProCal or Superchips FlashPaq
Grab Handles
Fender cut
Upgraded Tie Rod Ends & Drag Link (These failed first on my previous JK)
EVO MFG D-Ring Mounts for the Rear

This is all Onyx is in need for what she is used for. Daily Driving plus mild trail riding does not necessitate much more! This might change, or just get longer. But, for now this is the direction.

Grab handles are already in the works ;)

Top Bottom