New Hummer EV. Yea or Nay?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I couldn't give two shits about the Rivian but the Hummer... I'm not ashamed to say that I LOVE it. I love it more than the 392 and really, it's light years ahead of what the 4Xe could have and should have been more like. Yes, the price tag is HUGE but really, there's nothing else out there that comes close to what GM is trying to do and that's to take the idea of an electric truck and make it out of this world futuristic and cool.

Not gonna lie, I’m interested in the Hummer SUV and the Rivian SUV and could definitely see one in my garage in the next 3-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

The GM execs are driving the new hummers around here. I was on the fence when I first saw the release, but now seeing them first hand, I’d drive in a heart beat. They are massive, wider and feel larger than my 1 ton. I’ll get some pictures of them if I can find one parked verses driving past me.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Spazbyt

Hooked
The 4 wheel steer is real cool. I'm surprised there isn't more 4 wheel steer in vehicles these days. I liked the Bollinger B1 and B2 too but unfortunately they are all way out of my price range. bollinger.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeremy Iron

But yes, better than Tesla in appearance. although, I think the best looking EV truck is the Nikola Badger. I would buy one but with my bad credit score that is really a hard task.
In terms of exterior it is not bad, not my dream car (I like Wrangler's style) but not bad in general. I wonder what car market will look like in, say, 5 years. Maybe electric cars like the new Hummer will be dominating or maybe not. Time will tell. I have never driven an electric car so can't say if this sort of cars has any potential to capture the market and love of the customers. In terms of design they stand out in the crowd but cost too much for me :(

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Little thread revival.

my dealer just got our first hummer delivered this morning. Not as wide in person as I thought it was gonna be. Isn’t that great looking but it isn’t horrible either. (Still has transport wrap on it just fyi)
216801E0-B590-47CD-B521-9AB9BDAE1C7D.jpeg C524D951-5A23-4C03-9FAB-117403B3638E.jpeg 26C7CD92-285A-4369-A818-235EF64AE0BA.jpeg 4094301E-AD75-486E-88FC-54E54C4D2008.jpeg 3549EB16-BB50-43A3-993E-08AD555165DC.jpeg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do you honestly think there will be a demand for it?
I Think there is going to be. We have a lot of pre orders just for our dealer. You will not see me working on them tho lol
that's a lot for bleh...

is it still built on the canyon truck frame?
No due to the weight of the battery and truck. It’s almost a 10k lb truck
They'll probably fly off the lots to start with. The early adopters will want to snatch them up. The new Jeep Grand Wagoneers can cost that much. SMH

Did you get to drive or ride in it?
Quick ride around the building. Rides really nice. This is a customers truck so we didn’t go for a ride.

Top Bottom