New Hummer EV. Yea or Nay?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lol so little update. We plugged the hummer in at 1:15est today. Battery was at 15%. The hummer shows that the estimated time it will be at full charge will be at 10am tomorrow morning. Oh and full range is 300ish miles, depending on driving habits.

benatc1

Hooked
Don’t mind the look, I feel like every EV is chasing that range vs charge rate and really is all over the spectrum, wife has been pushing my towards 4xe but it’s a lame attempt an a hybrid in my opinion based on how little electric and how crappy mileage ect when battery is depleted. But I will say that is a big pill to swallow for the Hummer.

Kuboske

The thing about EV's that I'm curious about is, after 7 years and multiple recharges, how much does the gigantic battery cost to replace? If it's like cell phones, eventually that 300 mile range will be like 65 miles.
And, I'm pretty sure Russia and China are the global source for lithium. Probably better find some here or get over being pissed at Putin.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t mind the look, I feel like every EV is chasing that range vs charge rate and really is all over the spectrum, wife has been pushing my towards 4xe but it’s a lame attempt an a hybrid in my opinion based on how little electric and how crappy mileage ect when battery is depleted. But I will say that is a big pill to swallow for the Hummer.
It's a crazy big pill to swallow. That said, I would wait until 2024 if you want an electric Jeep. It's coming but will probably require swallowing a pretty big pill too.

benatc1

Hooked
It's a crazy big pill to swallow. That said, I would wait until 2024 if you want an electric Jeep. It's coming but will probably require swallowing a pretty big pill too.
Yea I bet It it will be too. I don’t personally want one being it’ll be a weekender/trails, And prefer to stick with gas for now. Maybe it would make a nice edition to the garage road though if she really wants something electric.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My problem would be the longer distance driving. Wife and I just had a friend drive from Philly to Connecticut In their Tesla. Had to stop and charge in New York at a super station for an hour. Got into Connecticut with 20 miles left. Had to find a super charger the next morning, the do it again on their way home.

with the hummer or any other car, you can’t use a Tesla super charge station currently. So your stuck waiting god knows how many hours for your vehicle to fully charge again before you can go another 300ish miles.

Kuboske

I’m curious, what is the cost to recharge the battery at pay-to-play charger?
Me too. And, average time involved. Including waiting in line. And, if it's winter and cold out, does your heater work? Does using the heater while you wait slow the charging process?

Top Bottom