New Jeep already in the shop

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Mines in the shop getting gears and a rear locker. Stuff I've been ordering finally arrive at the house, the day the JKU goes to the shop :( :( now I have to look at the parts and wait.

pinkcamotexan

View attachment 209356 the day I picked it up, didn't even get it home, only had 28 miles on it.

Shit!! What happened??? BTW, I love that color!!

Had to take mine in a week after for transmission issue. Worst 3 days ever...

What was the cause of your transmission issue??

Just called, and the transmission hasn't arrived yet....there is 2 more trucks scheduled today, so fingers crossed the new transmission is on one of them. Otherwise we will be behind schedule!

Ginz

Shit!! What happened???

Just called, and the transmission hasn't arrived yet....there is 2 more trucks scheduled today, so fingers crossed the new transmission is on one of them. Otherwise we will be behind schedule!

Well keep in mind I bought mine used, it was the compensator, whatever the hell that means. It was under warranty luckily.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Shit!! What happened??? BTW, I love that color!!

Apparently from the assembly line there was a c clip missed on a transmission line which came loose and unloaded my trans fluid on the road. No damage but alittle unnerving considering the wife and I were going on a trip a couple days later. 13,000 miles later it's still working good, but every time it doesn't shift like I think it should I get nervous.

pinkcamotexan

Apparently from the assembly line there was a c clip missed on a transmission line which came loose and unloaded my trans fluid on the road. No damage but alittle unnerving considering the wife and I were going on a trip a couple days later. 13,000 miles later it's still working good, but every time it doesn't shift like I think it should I get nervous.

Damn.......yea I understand the nervous feeling for sure! Mine was super scary going 60mph down the highway and it decelerated and then lunged forward. I remember thinking WTF this is a brand new vehicle!!! And then I had a hard time accelerating. It was also rush hour traffic.....thank goodness I was almost home!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
The guy driving the rollback told me mine was the second newer wrangler he had picked up that day with a tranny issue.

sandfrog

The transmission that the JK has is not a new model by any means. The NAG1 is one of FCAs more reliable autos. There are always going to be failures but for what it's worth they really are great and reliable units. I worry about which one will be selected for the next Wrangler version. Sorry to hear of the troubles you all have had. I'm sure they will be resolved soon.

Dreadedsoldier

I had no idea how in love I am with my Jeep until she went to the shop....ugh....3 more days and I will have her back!!

Dreadedsolider, what is yours in the shop for??

Mine's there for a new throw out bearing :( only 11,800 miles on a MY15 and I've been driving almost exclusively manuals for 13 years and don't rest my foot on the pedals or keep it in gear at a stop light so I abhor the fact it's already gone bad.

pinkcamotexan

Mine's there for a new throw out bearing :( only 11,800 miles on a MY15 and I've been driving almost exclusively manuals for 13 years and don't rest my foot on the pedals or keep it in gear at a stop light so I abhor the fact it's already gone bad.

Dang.....hate to hear it. How much longer before you get it back??

pinkcamotexan

Update: As of 8am this morning the new transmission has not arrived. They were suppose to have already started on it this morning!! Ugh.....I ended up leaving a message for the service guy asking him to please call me with their plan of action. My hope is that as soon as it arrives they will start working on it and I can have my Jeep before the weekend!

Top Bottom