New Jeep already in the shop

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well the buy back is 3 days/150 miles. I'm way past both. But it doesn't hurt to ask!!

Buy back is completely different than lemon law. Might be worth it to read up on Texas' lemon law just so you know where you stand in case some additional things go wrong.

pinkcamotexan

Buy back is completely different than lemon law. Might be worth it to read up on Texas' lemon law just so you know where you stand in case some additional things go wrong.

I did that last night!! If I have to bring it in one more time within 12 months then I can scream LEMON.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just got cough up... wow... sorry you are having so much trouble with the jeep. While it does happen, it sucks when it happens to you. Dang.

Jeepfan30

On the bright side, this is most likely a one time/rare issue. I bought a brand new 2008 Grand Cherokee once and had it in for three warranty issues within the first month (little stuff), but after getting the bugs worked out never had a problem again. Still sucks that you'll always be thinking about the tranny from now till you get rid of that JK, but you will probably never have a problem with it again:thumb:

Well the buy back is 3 days/150 miles. I'm way past both. But it doesn't hurt to ask!!

What you're referring to is the dealerships buy back policy which is normally offered as a sort of piece of mind guarantee, especially to those that impulse buy. I'm assuming from the sound of things you financed your jeep? If so, generally dealerships will not unwind or let you out of your deal once the lender has funded the contract which usually takes a week, because its at this point that they start to process the title work. Up until that point, however, enough yelling and screaming will usually get the job done:thumb:

A "Buy back" is also something that Chrysler can do and is directly tied into your local lemon laws. Its important to understand the difference between the two. Most states lemon laws are similar and state that if you have 3 problems of the same nature within a specified time period then you'd qualify to start arbitration and get your vehicle replaced. This would mean youd have to have 3 separate transmission concerns where it was taken to the dealership and they fixed it and it kept breaking. As mentioned above, it wouldn't hurt to brush up on your local laws to know what your rights are. I will tell you that I've handled a few of these in the past and they are a pain in the ass!

I'm sure you've already done this, but the best thing for you to do at this point is to work directly with the general manager as he will probably be the only one to gets things expedited in a timely fashion and correctly for you and if that doesn't work then the owner is the last stop...

Sorry to hear about your jeep... I hope things work out for you!

pinkcamotexan

Just got cough up... wow... sorry you are having so much trouble with the jeep. While it does happen, it sucks when it happens to you. Dang.

Sorry, this doesn't sound fun at all. You just need your jeep back and you'll sleep better at night. Fingers still crossed for you.

Thanks y'all!! Yes it does suck when it happens to you! Daddy always said "if we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all!" Well, I would rather have no luck!! Ha ha

Very much looking forward to Thursday when I have my baby home! I got a few small things for her for my birthday, but they are sitting in my dining room waiting to be installed.

pinkcamotexan

On the bright side, this is most likely a one time/rare issue. I bought a brand new 2008 Grand Cherokee once and had it in for three warranty issues within the first month (little stuff), but after getting the bugs worked out never had a problem again. Still sucks that you'll always be thinking about the tranny from now till you get rid of that JK, but you will probably never have a problem with it again:thumb:

Yea the dealership said is a very rare thing to happen, as well as my brother who is a master mechanic. My brother said the same thing you did, probably won't have another issue with it but still be thinking about it!! Fingers crossed....

pinkcamotexan

What you're referring to is the dealerships buy back policy which is normally offered as a sort of piece of mind guarantee, especially to those that impulse buy. I'm assuming from the sound of things you financed your jeep? If so, generally dealerships will not unwind or let you out of your deal once the lender has funded the contract which usually takes a week, because its at this point that they start to process the title work. Up until that point, however, enough yelling and screaming will usually get the job done:thumb:

A "Buy back" is also something that Chrysler can do and is directly tied into your local lemon laws. Its important to understand the difference between the two. Most states lemon laws are similar and state that if you have 3 problems of the same nature within a specified time period then you'd qualify to start arbitration and get your vehicle replaced. This would mean youd have to have 3 separate transmission concerns where it was taken to the dealership and they fixed it and it kept breaking. As mentioned above, it wouldn't hurt to brush up on your local laws to know what your rights are. I will tell you that I've handled a few of these in the past and they are a pain in the ass!

I'm sure you've already done this, but the best thing for you to do at this point is to work directly with the general manager as he will probably be the only one to gets things expedited in a timely fashion and correctly for you and if that doesn't work then the owner is the last stop...

Sorry to hear about your jeep... I hope things work out for you!

Yea I started to read up on the lemon law here in Texas.

I will say, I am impressed with how the dealership is handling all of this. As soon as I brought it in, they immediately said you will not be driving off this lot today with that vehicle. I'm sure it had more to do with them not wanting me to get into an accident and they be blamed, but made me feel good that they took responsibility for it.

8POUND

Gosh I miss my Jeep!!!! 3 more days......ugh 😕

I know how you feel. It took the dealership about 12 times to finally get my freedom tops to stop leaking. They replaced every seal, gasket and even the freedom tops. Then finally a TSB came out that showed the problem area and it's been fine ever since. I'm glad they got me a rental car and covered the cost of it. Hang in there.:)

pinkcamotexan

Hang in there!

I'm trying......it's not going so well!

Waiting is the worst part.

It sure is!!!!!

I know how you feel. It took the dealership about 12 times to finally get my freedom tops to stop leaking. They replaced every seal, gasket and even the freedom tops. Then finally a TSB came out that showed the problem area and it's been fine ever since. I'm glad they got me a rental car and covered the cost of it. Hang in there.:)

Ugh....that sucks!!!!! Glad to hear you haven't had anymore issues!! Yea they are paying for the rental but as the days go by, I am disliking it more and more!!! Lol

Top Bottom