New Jeep already in the shop

Desert Crawler

You and this Jeep are not getting off to a great start. I hope you're keeping every piece of documentation from all these problems. You never know when you're going to need it.
This is the best advise.
My '14 JKUR had 10 trips to the dealer and spent 3 1/2 months in the first 6 months I had it. After replacing many parts they finally found the loose wire connection that was causing the problem. Good luck!

pinkcamotexan

This is the best advise.
My '14 JKUR had 10 trips to the dealer and spent 3 1/2 months in the first 6 months I had it. After replacing many parts they finally found the loose wire connection that was causing the problem. Good luck!

Dang!!!! Sorry to hear you went thru that!!! I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear something.

pinkcamotexan

Update....This is the text I just got from the dealership: There's something wrong with the internals. If it's more than 70% they replace the transmission if it's less they fix it. Warranty covers a rental car. He is checking with district manager on parts tomorrow then I'll let you know when to come in to switch vehicles. Worst case scenario your looking at 2 weeks but he hopes to get it done sooner.

Ugh......

WJCO

Meme King
Update....This is the text I just got from the dealership: There's something wrong with the internals. If it's more than 70% they replace the transmission if it's less they fix it. Warranty covers a rental car. He is checking with district manager on parts tomorrow then I'll let you know when to come in to switch vehicles. Worst case scenario your looking at 2 weeks but he hopes to get it done sooner.

Ugh......

That really sucks. What's the mileage on it again?

EDIT: nvm found it. 1300 miles. Wow.

BamBamDeer

Ugh......

Sorry to hear it but on the bright side....you want it to be 100% and they will get it there for you. In the mean time rack up miles on their vehicle. I am sure you will have it back soon.....fingers crossed....

pinkcamotexan

That really sucks. What's the mileage on it again?

EDIT: nvm found it. 1300 miles. Wow.

Sorry to hear it but on the bright side....you want it to be 100% and they will get it there for you. In the mean time rack up miles on their vehicle. I am sure you will have it back soon.....fingers crossed....

Wow is a great word, but not the one(s) I used...lol

Yes I do want it 100% for sure, just not what one expects when buying a new vehicle. But you are right, I will definitely be racking up the miles on their car!! As you can tell I drive alot!!

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Well since you a 2016 you are automatically in the Jeep Wave Club from Chrysler/Jeep. Check out the benifits, which include priority service, free rentals as well as other benifits.

Hopefully all goes well. Sorry this happened to you but does sound like dealership is taking care of you, just frustrating.

Hang in there

pinkcamotexan

Well since you a 2016 you are automatically in the Jeep Wave Club from Chrysler/Jeep. Check out the benifits, which include priority service, free rentals as well as other benifits.

Hopefully all goes well. Sorry this happened to you but does sound like dealership is taking care of you, just frustrating.

Hang in there

The dealership is definitely trying to make this right.

Definitely appreciate everyone that has chimed in, all of your kind words and support!

Thanks so much!!!

pinkcamotexan

Update: They have ordered a new transmission and it will be here Tuesday. Wednesday it will be installed, with a possible pickup for Thursday. Dang it's gonna be a long week, but it will be worth it!! Can't wait to get my girl back!!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Update: They have ordered a new transmission and it will be here Tuesday. Wednesday it will be installed, with a possible pickup for Thursday. Dang it's gonna be a long week, but it will be worth it!! Can't wait to get my girl back!!

Hope that fixes all of your issues. Sucks ass that there was such a big problem with your new vehicle. Im rooting for everything to turn out well!

Jegar

Wow is a great word, but not the one(s) I used...lol

!!

Ah, I'm guessing it really was WOW??? !

W: WTF...WTF....WTFFF!!!!!!!!

O: Oh, God damn it.....damn, damn, damn.....

W: What? Just WTF????!!!!!!!!

Or, something to that effect?

Really hoping all the bad mojo will be done and over with for you, so you van get out there and enjoy her![emoji41]

Petthefish

Wow tranny issues at 1300 miles crazy at least they are replacing the entire thing. But it makes you wonder what the heck went wrong someone at the factory put a gear in wrong or not torque a bolt

pinkcamotexan

Ah, I'm guessing it really was WOW??? !

W: WTF...WTF....WTFFF!!!!!!!!

O: Oh, God damn it.....damn, damn, damn.....

W: What? Just WTF????!!!!!!!!

Or, something to that effect?

Really hoping all the bad mojo will be done and over with for you, so you van get out there and enjoy her![emoji41]

This was more like it!!! Lol

Attachments

• 1466186253464.jpg
    1466186253464.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 166

pinkcamotexan

Wow tranny issues at 1300 miles crazy at least they are replacing the entire thing. But it makes you wonder what the heck went wrong someone at the factory put a gear in wrong or not torque a bolt

Yea crazy huh?! They said this is the first one they have had, definitely not the norm!

How in love with this particular Jeep are you? Start the buy back process or see about getting the dealer to trade for a new Jeep.

Exodus 4x4

How in love with this particular Jeep are you? Start the buy back process or see about getting the dealer to trade for a new Jeep.

I second this. If there's any way out of this particular Jeep, nows the time to do it. You've had too many issues already.

Top Bottom