Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Pretty damn cool Chris! :thumb: Do you have the tailgate? :thinking:

The last owner kept it for a ransom. He has another FC without a tailgate. So I'm going to buy him one to get mine.

Along with the spare tire carrier that suppose to be on the passenger side,

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
That is perfect! That's the type of rig that you don't paint! Leave it to look like a rat rod or something. I love old cars and trucks like this, driving that you turn more heads than driving a brand new Ferrari lol.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Agreed........I wouldn't mess with the patina......just get it to where mechanically she's dependable and everything works......leave the aged patina for character......she's a beaut Chris:rock:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
The last owner kept it for a ransom. He has another FC without a tailgate. So I'm going to buy him one to get mine.

Along with the spare tire carrier that suppose to be on the passenger side,

I will keep an eye out for you. I shop for tailgates a lot. That paint under the camo is badass! :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That is perfect! That's the type of rig that you don't paint! Leave it to look like a rat rod or something. I love old cars and trucks like this, driving that you turn more heads than driving a brand new Ferrari lol.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O
That's the plan anyways. I'm going to focus on making it mechanically sound. Maybe in a couple years when this look annoys me I'll restore it
Agreed........I wouldn't mess with the patina......just get it to where mechanically she's dependable and everything works......leave the aged patina for character......she's a beaut Chris:rock:

I wish it was the original patina, that's what I was looking for. However those are hard to come by and very expensive when you do.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I will keep an eye out for you. I shop for tailgates a lot. That paint under the camo is badass! :yup:

I've found original ones. He wants a new repo for his restored FC. Just waiting until Wallacks gets them in stock (only company I know that has them made)

Brewman

Oh, that thing sucks Chris. You really don't want that. You know I'll be willing to get rid of it for ya.

Haha. Just kidding. Nice find.

Top Bottom