Over 2 Months and Still No Moby - Manual Transmission Woes

LoPo

Caught the Bug
That is terrible. Maybe you'll get a brand spanking new tranny out of the deal?

Ya at what point do the cut their losses and just replace it? Seems silly its taken this long, someone there has to have some common sense and realize if they'd just replace it, it'd be cheaper than however many hours they've got into it.

Rock-itman

Ya at what point do the cut their losses and just replace it? Seems silly its taken this long, someone there has to have some common sense and realize if they'd just replace it, it'd be cheaper than however many hours they've got into it.

x2 I'd be smokin PISSED :furious3: I dont like losing my baby for more than a day !! My lawyer would have blocked my phone by now !!!!!:doh: goodluck Eddie , hope you get him soon !

Trail JK

Just dropped mine off yesterday. They called today saying they are replacing the boot to see if that's the only problem. They don't want to remove the tranny if they don't have too. I'm not convinced that it's just the boot although I knew that would need to be replaced as I was the one who pointed it out. At least that should take care of the heat problem I was having. I hope this doesn't turn into a two month dealer visit. Sorry to hear your still having issues with Moby.

jelliott076

This sucks man! We're all pretty anxious to see that big beast back on the trails. I'm going to have to start planning ahead for that type of breakage. Between the issues Moochie was having and now hearing about Moby, I'm going to start socking away what ever spare change I can.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Re: Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

Eddie, sorry to here all this. I know how hard just in general it is not to have your vehicle. It TOOK 2 month to rebuild my jeep. And not knowing if your going to have it for moab, Wish I had some good up lifting words for you. wish the best with Moby, and you see him soon. Well rubicat will be there for you too. Good to know you can still go to moab. Well goo luck, have fun in moab.:thumbup::)

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

ilikeguns

Sorry to hear man.. But going to Moab and having to bring your OTHER ridiculous jeep is a good problem to have!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates since EJS Eddie?

I talked to them on Monday and reminded them that it's been over 2 months and that I really needed to know one way or another if it could be fixed. They said they wanted a couple more days to see if maybe the problem is a transfercase issue. I haven't heard from them since but will try touching bases with them today. :rolleyes2:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I talked to them on Monday and reminded them that it's been over 2 months and that I really needed to know one way or another if it could be fixed. They said they wanted a couple more days to see if maybe the problem is a transfercase issue. I haven't heard from them since but will try touching bases with them today. :rolleyes2:

You mean the first 2 months weren't enough days to check the transfer case? :crazyeyes: That sucks! Best of luck with it. Maybe I will see him at EVO on Friday.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You mean the first 2 months weren't enough days to check the transfer case? :crazyeyes: That sucks! Best of luck with it. Maybe I will see him at EVO on Friday.

Apparently not :rolleyes2:

If it isn't fixed by now, I think it's time to take him home and look into other options.

i agree... i think at this point they have no idea how to fix it and more time is not going to help! sucks though eddie, have you spoken with any other transmission shops?

andrew -

MTG

Caught the Bug
Apparently not :rolleyes2:

If it isn't fixed by now, I think it's time to take him home and look into other options.

Option 1: Trade it to me for my white one. I'll take a look at it for you over the summer. ;) :cheesy:

Sorry it's not fixed. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, haven't talked to any other shops and may not. If it's still not fixed, we may look into different options.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

No, haven't talked to any other shops and may not. If it's still not fixed, we may look into different options.

That sucks. You're paying good money for the run around. Have them give you a rental Prius at least a-la-Gregor!

rinkishjk

Wow Eddie this sucks. Why wouldn't they check the tcase after the first two trans fixes didn't work? I bet an atlas would've been cheaper than what Ur gonna pay now. Hope she gets home soon.

Top Bottom