Over 2 Months and Still No Moby - Manual Transmission Woes

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I missed this post!! What a bunch of fucking idiots!

I hope they didn't fuck with your axle. Maybe it's missing the needles out if the CTM's!! Lol!

LOL!! Oh yeah, that's probably what it was :crazyeyes:

Seriously, I had better find all my u-joints in place and intact or else I will get pissed.

On a positive note if these clowns are somehow correct you should have moby fixed up in no time. Hope u get it going soon eddie

That's what I'm hoping for.

I second that! that's good way of looking at it, Moby will be back. You can always mount your go-pro under the jeep near the tranny and see what it can pick up:twocents:
If you need help let me know I just live around the corner.:yup:

Thanks for the offer but, if it still isn't fixed after getting the rear end looked at, it'll be time to go to plan B.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If I did a motor swap into a JK, it would never be a hemi. It would be a boosted diesel, tuned of course. 700ft/lbs of tq and 30mpg are some excellent features to have on a JKU. Cummins FTW.

StrizzyChris

If I did a motor swap into a JK, it would never be a hemi. It would be a boosted diesel, tuned of course. 700ft/lbs of tq and 30mpg are some excellent features to have on a JKU. Cummins FTW.

haha yeah the emissions people love those swaps here in Cali! :naw:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Re: Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

LOL!! Oh yeah, that's probably what it was :crazyeyes:

Seriously, I had better find all my u-joints in place and intact or else I will get pissed.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Thanks for the offer but, if it still isn't fixed after getting the rear end looked at, it'll be time to go to plan B.

Plan B :confused: new JK :D:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Moby is far from being fixed. In fact, nothing has changed other than the fact that we have a rebuilt transmission that we apparently didn't need and are now out of $1300. That price would have been a lot more but, our service advisor worked hard to cut the price down. Still, we're glad to have Moby back and will try talking to Dynatrac next. What a complete waste of time and money :rolleyes2:

IMG_3637.jpg

FrankenJeeper

Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

Glad to see you at least got your jeep back.

Best of luck tracking down the problem!

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

So did I miss something the problem is in the axle.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see you at least got your jeep back.

Best of luck tracking down the problem!

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks

So did I miss something the problem is in the axle.

That's what the dealership is saying. I find it a little hard to believe but, until I can personally verify otherwise, that's where I'll start looking next.

munstie

Thanks

That's what the dealership is saying. I find it a little hard to believe but, until I can personally verify otherwise, that's where I'll start looking next.

It was probably all that mud out here in the Heartland

rcdude3

Well, Moby is far from being fixed. In fact, nothing has changed other than the fact that we have a rebuilt transmission that we apparently didn't need and are now out of $1300. That price would have been a lot more but, our service advisor worked hard to cut the price down. Still, we're glad to have Moby back and will try talking to Dynatrac next. What a complete waste of time and money :rolleyes2:

View attachment 23055

Well shoot Eddie, its because your front pass wheel is dirty lol. ;) Damn man, this sucks! Reminds me of my jeep problem. One dealer said I needed a new motor and the problem was a bad fuel injector harness.

Well shoot Eddie, its because your front pass wheel is dirty lol. ;) Damn man, this sucks! Reminds me of my jeep problem. One dealer said I needed a new motor and the problem was a bad fuel injector harness.

Mobys rear passenger whee. Looks dirty as well

Glad you gave Moby back hope he gets better soon

What if the dealer was keeping it for a while to wheel it? Lpl

TheDuff

i dont see how they can sleep at night charging you for a rebuild that they recommended to fix a problem that it didnt fix:doh: :grayno: reading that you paid $1300 for what you just went through made me feel sick:icon_crazy: now, I'm sure $1300 for a dealer done rebuild is considered a good price, but when it wasn't at all needed and you gained nothing from it, its $1300 too much. I know your probably very happy to have Moby back at any cost at this point, but you got royally shafted on this one my friend. I have had my own bad experiences from dealerships in the past, but nothing as horribly wrong as 2 months without my vehicle and then being asked to drop over a grand for nothing but the possibility that they could have screwed up more in the process of trying to fix it... what little faith I had in hoping that chrysler dealership mechanics could actually work on these jeeps has dropped to nothing:grayno: I hope to see Moby at the SnG and also hope the real issue is found and resolved smoothly. :beer:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Sounds weird to me. On all my race/sports cars, I could always hear when I had problems with a diff, and those cars are FAR louder than a JK could be. Furthermore, a diff problem on an industrial strength axle would probably make one hell of a racket. Does it make noise when idling? Maybe lift the rear up and drive it in the air to see where the noise is coming from?

gtony12

Caught the Bug

View attachment 23055

Glad you got MOBY back, sorry to hear they couldn't fix it. When they can't figure out the problems they always find some other part that's not there's and blames that. Its happened to me to finally. I was able to figure it out may self and went back to dealer and showed them how to fix it. Funny those they still charged me.:idontknow:

Top Bottom