Over 2 Months and Still No Moby - Manual Transmission Woes

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hemi with atlas?:thinking::thinking:

not exactly but, maybe something along those lines.

That sucks. You're paying good money for the run around. Have them give you a rental Prius at least a-la-Gregor!

No kidding. But, at this point and time, I think I just want him back so that I can think about other options. The last call I got, they were telling me how they were going to change out my u-joints free of charge to see if that was the problem before I had to remind them that I had a Pro Rock 60 with locking hubs and CTM u-joints and that they were NOT to touch any of that :shock: :naw:

Wow Eddie this sucks. Why wouldn't they check the tcase after the first two trans fixes didn't work? I bet an atlas would've been cheaper than what Ur gonna pay now. Hope she gets home soon.

Well, if it still isn't fixed, I'm thinking I shouldn't have to be charged full fair.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

No kidding. But, at this point and time, I think I just want him back so that I can think about other options. The last call I got, they were telling me how they were going to change out my u-joints free of charge to see if that was the problem before I had to remind them that I had a Pro Rock 60 with locking hubs and CTM u-joints and that they were NOT to touch any of that :shock: :naw:
Wow! Sound like they are going to try and add blinker fluid next to see if that'll fix it. Good thing they called you BEFORE they decided to tinker with your 60's. Whew!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Sound like they are going to try and add blinker fluid next to see if that'll fix it. Good thing they called you BEFORE they decided to tinker with your 60's. Whew!

Actually, I was the one who called them. They told me that they had already done the work before I became alarmed. They then changed their tune and said that they meant to say that they were going to do the work as favor and that I had nothing to worry about. That's when I had to remind them that there is no way my front axle was the cause of the noise and that they were not to touch anything. These guys are nice and I like them but, I'm starting to think this is all over their head.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Actually, I was the one who called them. They told me that they had already done the work before I became alarmed. They then changed their tune and said that they meant to say that they were going to do the work as favor and that I had nothing to worry about. That's when I had to remind them that there is no way my front axle was the cause of the noise and that they were not to touch anything. These guys are nice and I like them but, I'm starting to think this is all over their head.

Sheesh. Keep us posted. I hope it all gets ironed out soon!

JAGS

Hooked
These guys are nice and I like them but, I'm starting to think this is all over their head.

Not sure if this is the case where Moby is, but since autos became giant computers on wheels, the term mechanic only loosely applies. They generally rely on codes and IT systems to tell them what to fix. And when something does mechanically go wrong, old school mechanics have a harder time figuring things out with all the newer computer tech under the hood. Not to say there aren't diamonds in the rough or exceptions, but I've had past car dealers tell me as much.

In any case, hope you come to some sort of resolution and next steps soon. Sometimes the unknown wears on you more the known.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hemi with atlas?:thinking::thinking:

I wound't be surprised if they sell it as a non op and cut their losses.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Not sure if this is the case where Moby is, but since autos became giant computers on wheels, the term mechanic only loosely applies. They generally rely on codes and IT systems to tell them what to fix. And when something does mechanically go wrong, old school mechanics have a harder time figuring things out with all the newer computer tech under the hood. Not to say there aren't diamonds in the rough or exceptions, but I've had past car dealers tell me as much.

In any case, hope you come to some sort of resolution and next steps soon. Sometimes the unknown wears on you more the known.

Its not a computer issue at all so I don't think that applies.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I called and left a message with my service advisor saying that I just wanted to pick up my Jeep today regardless if it's fixed or not. He sent me an email saying that they tracked the noise they were hearing to my rear differential. I find it hard to believe but, they said that the R&P was setup poorly, had bad backlash and had bearings that were worn out. So, I told him to wrap things up and I would take my Jeep to Dynatrac to have them take care of it. Just waiting to hear back so that I can go get Moby out of there. :sigh:

Philip *AZ*

Banned

Yeesh. Just hearing about all your troubles does not give me much confidence in the dealership's ability to work on vehicles. Hopefully you can get Moby out of there today. If it is in fact a rear diff issue, Im sure Dynatrac will get it sorted out. With all of the diffs they do and that being their specialty, I highly doubt your setup was installed incorrectly. Mistakes do happen though.. Good luck Eddie.. Hope this issue resolves soon!

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeesh. Just hearing about all your troubles does not give me much confidence in the dealership's ability to work on vehicles. Hopefully you can get Moby out of there today. If it is in fact a rear diff issue, Im sure Dynatrac will get it sorted out. With all of the diffs they do and that being their specialty, I highly doubt your setup was installed incorrectly. Mistakes do happen though.. Good luck Eddie.. Hope this issue resolves soon!

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

Oh yeah, I find it hard to believe that it's the rear axle especially being that my problems only started after getting the new 2011 transmission installed. For it to suddenly go bad like that just isn't likely but, Dynatrac is a stand up company and I know they would be quick to fix things if in fact that's where the problem resides. Either way, I just want my Jeep back.

Philip *AZ*

Banned

I hear ya on that! The 3 weeks it took for my lift to be installed killed me. The shop was way backed up. But 2 months.. I feel bad for you.. Im sure Dynatrac will get to the bottom of things though. How did Rubicat like Moab?

Re: Going on 2 Months and Still No Moby

sounds to me like they are just trying to put the blame on something that you had previously told them not to touch. basically taking it out of their hands since they have zero idea what the issue truly is. best you get him home and work on option 1a... good luck sir!

andrew -

billybob990

Oh yeah, I find it hard to believe that it's the rear axle especially being that my problems only started after getting the new 2011 transmission installed. For it to suddenly go bad like that just isn't likely but, Dynatrac is a stand up company and I know they would be quick to fix things if in fact that's where the problem resides. Either way, I just want my Jeep back.

i dont know much about a jeep as you can tell with all my posts but isnt it a manual? if so did they check the springs in your clutch?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Well, I called and left a message with my service advisor saying that I just wanted to pick up my Jeep today regardless if it's fixed or not. He sent me an email saying that they tracked the noise they were hearing to my rear differential. I find it hard to believe but, they said that the R&P was setup poorly, had bad backlash and had bearings that were worn out. So, I told him to wrap things up and I would take my Jeep to Dynatrac to have them take care of it. Just waiting to hear back so that I can go get Moby out of there. :sigh:

So when you find out its not the rear axle. Then what will the say?

Did they realize its not a factory axle?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

not exactly but, maybe something along those lines.

Well, if it still isn't fixed, I'm thinking I shouldn't have to be charged full fair.

I missed this post!! What a bunch of fucking idiots!

I hope they didn't fuck with your axle. Maybe it's missing the needles out if the CTM's!! Lol!

rtguy1

On a positive note if these clowns are somehow correct you should have moby fixed up in no time. Hope u get it going soon eddie

gtony12

Caught the Bug
On a positive note if these clowns are somehow correct you should have moby fixed up in no time. Hope u get it going soon eddie

I second that! that's good way of looking at it, Moby will be back. You can always mount your go-pro under the jeep near the tranny and see what it can pick up:twocents:
If you need help let me know I just live around the corner.:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hear ya on that! The 3 weeks it took for my lift to be installed killed me. The shop was way backed up. But 2 months.. I feel bad for you.. Im sure Dynatrac will get to the bottom of things though. How did Rubicat like Moab?

Rubicat had a great time in Moab. Wheeling an auto with power on the slick rock is like cheating.

sounds to me like they are just trying to put the blame on something that you had previously told them not to touch. basically taking it out of their hands since they have zero idea what the issue truly is. best you get him home and work on option 1a... good luck sir!

andrew -

Could very well be the case but I trust that they have sincerely given it all that they could to find/fix the problem. Having said that, 2 months is more than enough time to do that and it's time to move on.

i dont know much about a jeep as you can tell with all my posts but isnt it a manual? if so did they check the springs in your clutch?

Yup, a manual and I'm sure they checked just about everything.

So when you find out its not the rear axle. Then what will the say?

Did they realize its not a factory axle?

Honestly, I don't even know if I care. I just want our Jeep back.

Top Bottom