Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Oil change shops. I took my beater Camry to a local shop. I drove it a little over the weekend. Monday, on the way to work, the engine started making a clattering noise, just before I pulled in the parking lot. I pulled the dipstick, and there was no oil touching it. Underneath the car, there was oil everywhere.

Today, I went to look it over. I drained what oil was left, and pulled the filter. The filter housing was on way too tight. The o-ring was cut, too. The car isn’t worth very much, so I filled it with oil, and had my wife follow me. It isn’t losing much, if any, and it ran fine. I’m going to replace the filter housing, and run it.

If it was a newer car, I’d make the shop pay up, but I doubt it’s worth $2,000. I’ll never have the oil changed again, until I’m too old to do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Radio16

shit i go through with muh jeep

buying my 2013 jeep jk and not being able to find bump steer problem after changing everything on front end!!!!!:crazyeyes:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Oil change shops. I took my beater Camry to a local shop. I drove it a little over the weekend. Monday, on the way to work, the engine started making a clattering noise, just before I pulled in the parking lot. I pulled the dipstick, and there was no oil touching it. Underneath the car, there was oil everywhere.

Today, I went to look it over. I drained what oil was left, and pulled the filter. The filter housing was on way too tight. The o-ring was cut, too. The car isn’t worth very much, so I filled it with oil, and had my wife follow me. It isn’t losing much, if any, and it ran fine. I’m going to replace the filter housing, and run it.

If it was a newer car, I’d make the shop pay up, but I doubt it’s worth $2,000. I’ll never have the oil changed again, until I’m too old to do it myself.

That blows... I'd definitely let the owner know what happened. Who knows how many cars that super genius will screw up.

WJCO

Meme King

That sucks. Hope there's no damage. I would have totally brought that up to the shop. I don't go to oil change shops for this exact reason, can't trust anyone these days.

jdofmemi

Most oil change places end up hiring from the bottom of the barrel. People with any talent at all get a better job.

Top Bottom