PR60 (Hard Core package) hydro assist

RSQCON

How about you just pick better lines and stop running into shit with the front of your jeep? :idontknow:
There is some validity to your comment however it's an easy out to avoid the topic at hand. I will be the first to admit I don't always pick the best lines but the circumstances under which I bent my PR60 tie rod were unavoidable after having to back off an obstacle to make way for a broken rig in tow.

Dynatrac wasn't dishonest by any means when I purchased my 60/60 package. As has been mentioned, once you own the package and wheel it you realize there are some serious concerns. The front tie rod is easy to hit even when you try to pick a better line and the rear pumpkin hangs down pretty low.

Knowing what I know now here is my advice to anyone considering a Dynatrac axle. First off their customer service has been good. The tie rod I bent was replaced promptly under their warranty no questions asked. If you buy the Hardcore package be prepared to drop money on the steering setup if you wheel in any decent rock gardens. To convert to a high steer setup they charge you $600ish (Dynatrac correct me if I am wrong) for the driverside arm. From there the Evo hi steer setup is another $1k parts only no install and it only gets worse. At some point in the near future when I convert my steering I could have just gone with the Hardcore Plus and been at a similar price point when it's all said and done.

I have not experienced any death wobble so other than the tie rod issue I am happy with the performance of my axles. My only suggestion for Dynatrac would be to offer schematics/part numbers/torque values online so that once you are out of warranty and/or you need to perform a repair on the trail you don't have to call them to ask the bolt size or torque value for every part.

Buster3479

There is some validity to your comment however it's an easy out to avoid the topic at hand. I will be the first to admit I don't always pick the best lines but the circumstances under which I bent my PR60 tie rod were unavoidable after having to back off an obstacle to make way for a broken rig in tow.

Dynatrac wasn't dishonest by any means when I purchased my 60/60 package. As has been mentioned, once you own the package and wheel it you realize there are some serious concerns. The front tie rod is easy to hit even when you try to pick a better line and the rear pumpkin hangs down pretty low.

Knowing what I know now here is my advice to anyone considering a Dynatrac axle. First off their customer service has been good. The tie rod I bent was replaced promptly under their warranty no questions asked. If you buy the Hardcore package be prepared to drop money on the steering setup if you wheel in any decent rock gardens. To convert to a high steer setup they charge you $600ish (Dynatrac correct me if I am wrong) for the driverside arm. From there the Evo hi steer setup is another $1k parts only no install and it only gets worse. At some point in the near future when I convert my steering I could have just gone with the Hardcore Plus and been at a similar price point when it's all said and done.

I have not experienced any death wobble so other than the tie rod issue I am happy with the performance of my axles. My only suggestion for Dynatrac would be to offer schematics/part numbers/torque values online so that once you are out of warranty and/or you need to perform a repair on the trail you don't have to call them to ask the bolt size or torque value for every part.

I was provided a torque cheat sheet and parts list when I asked. Yes, they should include it with the axles. Yes, it should be on their website. The parts list / diagram is too big to upload as an attachment.

View attachment DYNATRAC AXLE Torque Cheat Sheet V1.1.pdf

I'd like to know the pitch and thread of the driver's side steering arm holes. Even if I don't get a high steer arm for it, those open holes collect muddy water and rust almost immediately.

Last edited:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

Well said. There is no one on this forum that picks the perfect line every time which is why we are discussing these points to try to avoid as much carnage as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

I was provided a torque cheat sheet and parts list when I asked. Yes, they should include it with the axles. Yes, it should be on their website. The parts list / diagram is too big to upload as an attachment.

View attachment 294085

I'd like to know the pitch and thread of the driver's side steering arm holes. Even if I don't get a high steer arm for it, those open holes collect muddy water and rust almost immediately.
Thanks that's exactly what I've been looking for. Now all I need is for Dynatrac to provide a parts schematic front and rear and I'll be set.

Don't quote me on this but according to a few different shops the thread pattern is specific to Dynatrac and you have to purchase the studs direct from them.

Buster3479

Thanks that's exactly what I've been looking for. Now all I need is for Dynatrac to provide a parts schematic front and rear and I'll be set.

Don't quote me on this but according to a few different shops the thread pattern is specific to Dynatrac and you have to purchase the studs direct from them.

PM me an e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.

RockingK

Some concerns

I purchased my Hardcore set in August 2017 and they delivered with in a week of promis date. They went in with out a hitch and have not had any death wobble issues and am not even running a steering stabilizer at 70+ On 38x14.5x17 MTR’s. I was surprised at the low mount location for the PS ram, but as others mentioned can be relocated to best suit suspension and steering set ups and I am in the process now. I was not able to use the original e-brake cables on my 2 door and 5.5 inches of lift as they were to short. The PR60 e-brake actuator is accessed differently than stock also requiring longer cable. The dodge dealer has a longer cable they sell for their Dana 60 set up.

Good point on the tie rod being the sacrificial element, but has an OD small than the after market one that was on my D30. This will be addressed shortly with PSC install in a few weeks. So far I am more than happy with the quality and service from Dynatrac and am confident they will help resolve any issue with their product and will assist folks on compatibility concerns with other components.

Best of luck and thanks for sharing, hopefully you will be back on the trail with “Confidence to Explore” again!

rockwell

I was not able to use the original e-brake cables on my 2 door and 5.5 inches of lift as they were to short. The PR60 e-brake actuator is accessed differently than stock also requiring longer cable.

I had the same problem with my 2 door, I ended up picking up a set of 4 door cables that worked out fine.

Buster3479

I purchased my Hardcore set in August 2017 and they delivered with in a week of promis date. They went in with out a hitch and have not had any death wobble issues and am not even running a steering stabilizer at 70+ On 38x14.5x17 MTR’s. I was surprised at the low mount location for the PS ram, but as others mentioned can be relocated to best suit suspension and steering set ups and I am in the process now. I was not able to use the original e-brake cables on my 2 door and 5.5 inches of lift as they were to short. The PR60 e-brake actuator is accessed differently than stock also requiring longer cable. The dodge dealer has a longer cable they sell for their Dana 60 set up.

Good point on the tie rod being the sacrificial element, but has an OD small than the after market one that was on my D30. This will be addressed shortly with PSC install in a few weeks. So far I am more than happy with the quality and service from Dynatrac and am confident they will help resolve any issue with their product and will assist folks on compatibility concerns with other components.

Best of luck and thanks for sharing, hopefully you will be back on the trail with “Confidence to Explore” again!

That's the experience a lot of us return customers expected, and why it's such a shock for us to be disappointed after dropping well over 12K on a product. I'm glad you had the experience I expected and deserved, but didn't get.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
That's the experience a lot of us return customers expected, and why it's such a shock for us to be disappointed after dropping well over 12K on a product. I'm glad you had the experience I expected and deserved, but didn't get.

Why do you keep saying "us" like your defending a group? It's pretty much just you that's unhappy with your purchase. We get it.. your not happy.. Call Dynatrac and get it figured out. You have a great set of axles, quit complaining

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

He couldn't possibly know the amount of available lines that used to clear a PR44 with a flip kit and raised knuckles that now directly hit the tie rod on the hardcore package 60's when running the same trails. Nobody could unless they made that jump first hand. The capability lost astounded me the first trip out.

I don't really understand this.

Here's two of your photos for comparison.

IMG_6193_compressed.jpg

18076621_10212247533646100_6530206353680838312_o.jpg

I really don't see a difference, or one as large as you are claiming.
Sure the ram position might not be ideal, fabricate a skid then or run a top mount similar to what has already been posted.

I was talked out of buying a custom XD60 front by the primary sales guy, who assured me I'd be getting more for my money with this package, and that it would meet my needs and exceed my expectations. They did not, I assure you

But, at the end of the day, you made the decision to go with the axle you did :thinking:
That isn't Dynatracs fault.

Clearly you are an unhappy customer. Luckily, we don't have very many unhappy customers, but that still bums out out. Please call us and we'll see what we can do to help you work through your problems.

Sounds like Dynatrac is willing to work through your issues. Have you actually tried calling them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deacon

So, I also recently bent the tie rod on my Dynatrac Hardcore 60 set up and in need of a replacement. I see that Fusion 4x4 offers an aluminum 2.5 ton option and most likely will go this route, are there any other tie rods offerings that will work for the PR60 ? Will the Rock Krawler Pro tie rod work as an off the shelf install?
I'm here at Jeep Beach, Daytona and see the RK tie rod used on many of the hardcore rigs but the ones I've seen are on the Dana 60.
Thanks for the input.

Benito

Caught the Bug
So, I also recently bent the tie rod on my Dynatrac Hardcore 60 set up and in need of a replacement. I see that Fusion 4x4 offers an aluminum 2.5 ton option and most likely will go this route, are there any other tie rods offerings that will work for the PR60 ? Will the Rock Krawler Pro tie rod work as an off the shelf install?
I'm here at Jeep Beach, Daytona and see the RK tie rod used on many of the hardcore rigs but the ones I've seen are on the Dana 60.
Thanks for the input.

The UD60s can use the aftermarket JK tie rods, but they are too long for the PR60 that is in the Hardcore package. Just go highsteer!

Top Bottom