PRESS RELEASE : Meet The New Jeep JK BIG BORE XDII-R

Cory P

That really sucks, some people are having issues.

I have about 2500 miles on my XD box with zero issues. I'm swapping in Fusion 4x4 axles and 40's next month, I might get the new box so I can add hydro assist if I want. The current XD box turns my 37's with ease though.

mastrcruse

I wouldn't think so. Not on a JK anyway.

Thanks!

Stupid question, I drove my first assisted JKU (Randy B's green one) and the steering was nice but any lighter of steering and I think it would be completely numb. Is there a point where too much assist makes the jeep just feel more numb? No road feedback etc. His green jeep was on the stock box but has assist and I'm wornderinf if adding this would make it too much.

Any thoughts?

aermotor

You can run this as a stock bolt-on upgrade, and later add on assist if you want?

Will there be a kit they offer later to add assist without having to build your own?

Last edited:

aermotor

Sorry I edited my post. Will there be a kit they offer later to add assist without having to build your own?

Also, does anyone know if this box with the assist retains the factory steering feel? Or is it the light steering? There really isn't much info out on it yet. Thanks.

wjtstudios

Hooked
After about two weeks on my XD it started developing some play in the steering wheel. About 1-1.5" of play before the Pitman arm would move. It was tight for the first week and loosened up over the second week. PSC has been great about swapping the XD out, but talking to them today, I might wait a couple of weeks and wait for a the XDll to be ready. I can't say enough good things about PSC. They had me try adjusting it and when that didn't help they immediately offered to replace it. Thank you PSC!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
After about two weeks on my XD it started developing some play in the steering wheel. About 1-1.5" of play before the Pitman arm would move. It was tight for the first week and loosened up over the second week. PSC has been great about swapping the XD out, but talking to them today, I might wait a couple of weeks and wait for a the XDll to be ready. I can't say enough good things about PSC. They had me try adjusting it and when that didn't help they immediately offered to replace it. Thank you PSC!

That's awesome! Really glad to hear PSC is taking care of you[emoji106]

mastrcruse

I've been googling and this seems to be the only thread about this new box anywhere. I see the box on PSC's website though but no other info seems to exist. Anyone know if there is a time frame of when this'll be available as a kit?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I've been googling and this seems to be the only thread about this new box anywhere. I see the box on PSC's website though but no other info seems to exist. Anyone know if there is a time frame of when this'll be available as a kit?

When I spoke to them yesterday, they said mid-August the production units will be ready.

mastrcruse

If going to hydro assist, is a large box necessary? I've been reading about how the assist takes much of the load off of the steering components therefore making the need for a bigger box low.

aermotor

It may not be necessary and guys have been doing it for a while, but it is added insurance for not much more cost.

mastrcruse

It may not be necessary and guys have been doing it for a while, but it is added insurance for not much more cost.

I agreed the cost isn't the factor. Adding a bigger box to assist and making it have nearly zero feeling (while daily driving) is my concern. I drove Randy's green jeep (I think it purchased it from someone on WAL) and he's setup with Hydro and OEM box and man was it a different driving experience. I don't think I'd want it to be any less firm than that.

aermotor

I don't know how this particular box is supposed to feel as there is basically no info on it yet, but I know some of their hydro setups say they retain a stock steering feel. Whatever that means in real life, I don't know. I am also wanting to know the same on this XDII-R box and if it get's way too light of a feeling.

Top Bottom