PRESS RELEASE : Meet The New Jeep JK BIG BORE XDII-R

J

JKDream

Third Steering box right? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, or at least claiming to be :crazyeyes:
I did hear about the machining from a vendor though so that I would believe.

Either way I'm excited about this product. I was waiting for an XD box that was on backorder so I might just switch over to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy5160

Hooked
A ram assist helps big time to reduce the stress on a sector shaft but if you run big enough tires and play a lot on hard enough obstacles, you can still break one. Ask me how I know. :crazyeyes:

I want to know :)
And hell yeah I am getting one :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want to know :)
And hell yeah I am getting one :)

LOL!! What I can tell you is that there really is no better protection for a sector shaft than a ram assist. Braces were great back in the old CJ days being that their steering box mounts were so flimsy and even the TJ could benefit from them due to the weak mounting point on the frame rail but a JK is a totally different story. I should also note that speed and hitting ruts and obstacles hard will do more to break shit than rock crawling could ever hope to.

kawimoto

Definitely not needed for my 37's but hey, overkill on strength is always a plus in my book! glad its finally out I've been waiting for the ported setup!

mastrcruse

I've read in a few other places that there is a concern around how much the frame can take when installing a larger box. Is this an actual concern?

aTX427

If I am reading their site correctly, this is $150 more than the ported standard sized gear box - correct? Seems like a no brainer as long as the manufacturing issues are corrected. I am planning on ordering a cylinder assist soon.

I carry a spare all the time. Heavy but has prevented mine from breaking on the trail!
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I considered getting a spare with quick disconnect hoses to prevent spillage on the trail, but would rather have piece of mine with an overbuilt box like this and cylinder assist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom