Problem with Yeti drag Link. Input needed or new drag link recomendations.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if they mean just replace the stock links with discos so when articulated the swaybar itself does not move? You do have to be careful depending on what kind you use as with JKS the pin can puncture a tire if you have the swaybar in the wrong position under certain articulation you need to be aware so you can position the swaybar correctly. I run jks discos on a rubicon because sometimes its nice to be disconnected running in 2 wheel drive.

I’m sure it is - in other words, shit he doesn’t really need. Again, IF they think his pitman arm really is making contact with the sway bar, all they have to do is shift it over a bit to know for sure. Costs NOTHING to do that.

As far as running disconnected in 2WD goes, I can’t think of when I’d purposely want to do that but then, I’m new to Jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well week 2 and boot stays in place so far. But I doubt my case is the sway bar. And if you were referring getting a smaller sway bar link, wont that be changing the angle of the bar? Making more prone to hit something ? My bar sits on 0 degree and with the JKS end link.

As I had been saying, I doubt the pitman arm is hitting sway bar. Also, the other guy was referring to disconnecting the links.

stitch1

LOL, no kidding. It’s crazy what people will come up sometimes. I’ve had more than a few people around here tell me a Rubicon sway bar actually LIMITS the flex on a JK[emoji23]

Funny you mention that. The shop owner did actually say that. I haven't ever used this shop before. What he was saying made sense. If you used a disconnect then the the sway bar arm wouldn't move preventing the touching with the pitman arm. But the limiting flex thing I just kinda looked at him like... :thinking:

I don't think the pitman arm itself is touching. I think its the balljoint/boot that is just barely hitting. Just enough cause the tear. I think I am just going to replace the boot and not worry about it till it tears again. It's not every day that I am in full turn while also dropping my left tire to full flex. I am trying to save up money for axles at the moment. I will reevaluate the draglink when it comes time to swap my axles. I may just sell it and go back to a stock draglink. Looks like that is what Eddie is running. Is that correct? You just have the Dynatrac sleeve on your stock draglink, correct?

stitch1

Follow up question.. Do you feel the XD 60s are worth the $3k over the ProRock 60s? I am thinking yes but wanted to hear your opinion on them. Axles are one of those things I only want to buy once.

WJCO

Meme King
Follow up question.. Do you feel the XD 60s are worth the $3k over the ProRock 60s? I am thinking yes but wanted to hear your opinion on them. Axles are one of those things I only want to buy once.

I'm curious about this as well. I obviously can't answer for Eddie nor have I owned either of those axles, but in the meantime, if you are in the market and haven't watched this video, Dynatrac does a damn good job showing what makes the XD60 so different:

Ddays

Hooked
I run jks discos on a rubicon because sometimes its nice to be disconnected running in 2 wheel drive.

As far as running disconnected in 2WD goes, I can’t think of when I’d purposely want to do that but then, I’m new to Jeeps.

:thinking: What scenario would require running disconnected in 2WD? When you want to wreck while attempting to go around corners?

J

JKDream

:thinking: What scenario would require running disconnected in 2WD? When you want to wreck while attempting to go around corners?

I found it actually makes a significant difference in comfort when driving on fire roads at speed.
Leaving it connected makes the ride harsh as the axle doesn't want to articulate through the potholes.

Exodus 4x4

Funny you mention that. The shop owner did actually say that. I haven't ever used this shop before. What he was saying made sense. If you used a disconnect then the the sway bar arm wouldn't move preventing the touching with the pitman arm. But the limiting flex thing I just kinda looked at him like... :thinking:

I don't think the pitman arm itself is touching. I think its the balljoint/boot that is just barely hitting. Just enough cause the tear. I think I am just going to replace the boot and not worry about it till it tears again. It's not every day that I am in full turn while also dropping my left tire to full flex. I am trying to save up money for axles at the moment. I will reevaluate the draglink when it comes time to swap my axles. I may just sell it and go back to a stock draglink. Looks like that is what Eddie is running. Is that correct? You just have the Dynatrac sleeve on your stock draglink, correct?
IMG_6099.jpg Have him explain how much more travel I would get if I wasn’t using a Rubicon sway bar.

What’s your ultimate goal with your Jeep? Are you going to install a LS at some point? Will you run wide open across the desert at high speeds? Do you want to wheel your Jeep with almost no worries whatsoever? Do you have the extra money to spend on the XD’s?

Personally, I can’t afford to spend that kind of money but that doesn’t mean I won’t some day. If I could then most certainly I would consider them as an option. We currently run SD axles on our rig, but a lot of things went into consideration when we chose to go that route. At some point I anticipate that will change but it’s not a priority at this point.

The hardcore package is a great option, bang for buck. For most people, even with a LS and 40’s, it’s a great deal and one that can handle just about anything. Even with a 60/80 combo nothing’s guaranteed and shit can still break. Just depends on how you treat your toys.

toyotire

In Idaho and Montana there are sections of dirt roads that are 100+ mile long washboard forest service roads that you do not need to be in 4wd but are rough and speeds are limited to 20-25mph for hours at a stretch. The Magruder corridor and the Lolo Motorway are awesomely scenic roads but will shake your teeth out even aired down to 15-20psi. My stockish rubicon just feels so much better traveling this type of road. I would not drive on the highway disconnected but forest service roads that don't require 4wd and have 20-30mph speeds I find being disconnected more enjoyable.

Ddays

Hooked
I found it actually makes a significant difference in comfort when driving on fire roads at speed.
Leaving it connected makes the ride harsh as the axle doesn't want to articulate through the potholes.

In Idaho and Montana there are sections of dirt roads that are 100+ mile long washboard forest service roads that you do not need to be in 4wd but are rough and speeds are limited to 20-25mph for hours at a stretch. The Magruder corridor and the Lolo Motorway are awesomely scenic roads but will shake your teeth out even aired down to 15-20psi. My stockish rubicon just feels so much better traveling this type of road. I would not drive on the highway disconnected but forest service roads that don't require 4wd and have 20-30mph speeds I find being disconnected more enjoyable.

Hmmm, makes sense. I based my response on driving ON road. I can see the value in what you two are proposing. I usually air down to 10-15 & have at it when I'm on the back dirt roads but honestly I don't have many high speed back roads like that here in Pa.

stitch1

Hey Exodus, thats a great shot of your Jeep. Yeah, I don't know what he's thinking.

My ultimate goal is really just about reliability. I don't trailer my Jeep. I don't want to trailer my Jeep. I bought my Jeep to drive it. I find it comfy on it's own. However, the plan is to take it all over the country and wheel it hard. I am in Kansas City, MO so a Moab trip isn't a short drive for me. Even Colorado is a pretty good distance at 9 hours to Denver. We want to take it to the Rubicon and possibly even Alaska. I want to be able to make it there and back without much fuss and if there is an issue I want be able to fix it easily.

I have the pentastar engine and find it has enough pep for my needs. However, a motor swap WAY down the line when this motor is shot isn't out of the question. However, that's not really a focal point in this decision. I don't really plan to high speed desert runs because I don't live near a desert. But yes, I want to wheel my Jeep without much in the way of worries. I like how floating axles work and like the thought of being able to limp off a trail without the hubs engaged if needed. I am already sold on going to 60s. The wife is on board with this idea as well. We have been saving so that we can make this upgrade this coming summer. I am also looking at steering upgrades like the PSC big boar and ram assist.

I currently run a 3.5" metal cloak lift with normal shocks (not those silly six pack things) I already setup an ARB compressor so I can run the new lockers. I currently have 37" STT Pros. I have my skid plates and tire swing and all the other goodies.

Exodus 4x4

Hey Exodus, thats a great shot of your Jeep. Yeah, I don't know what he's thinking.

My ultimate goal is really just about reliability. I don't trailer my Jeep. I don't want to trailer my Jeep. I bought my Jeep to drive it. I find it comfy on it's own. However, the plan is to take it all over the country and wheel it hard. I am in Kansas City, MO so a Moab trip isn't a short drive for me. Even Colorado is a pretty good distance at 9 hours to Denver. We want to take it to the Rubicon and possibly even Alaska. I want to be able to make it there and back without much fuss and if there is an issue I want be able to fix it easily.

I have the pentastar engine and find it has enough pep for my needs. However, a motor swap WAY down the line when this motor is shot isn't out of the question. However, that's not really a focal point in this decision. I don't really plan to high speed desert runs because I don't live near a desert. But yes, I want to wheel my Jeep without much in the way of worries. I like how floating axles work and like the thought of being able to limp off a trail without the hubs engaged if needed. I am already sold on going to 60s. The wife is on board with this idea as well. We have been saving so that we can make this upgrade this coming summer. I am also looking at steering upgrades like the PSC big boar and ram assist.

I currently run a 3.5" metal cloak lift with normal shocks (not those silly six pack things) I already setup an ARB compressor so I can run the new lockers. I currently have 37" STT Pros. I have my skid plates and tire swing and all the other goodies.

Sounds to me like the hardcore package is really all you need. It will serve you well if you decide to move to 40” tires and can handle the LS fine if you ever go that route. Let us know when you’re ready and we can set you up.

Top Bottom