Prorock 60 ebrake cable help

highoctane

Caught the Bug
As Eddie said, no need for a bigger master cylinder. My XD60 has the 14.5" extreme duty brakes that I believe are F450 rotors and E350 van calipers, along with the J8 brakes in the rear, and the stock master cylinder works just fine. It has no problem trying to throw you through the windshield when you plant the brake pedal to the floor when someone pulls out in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

g00se04

Just talked to Dynatrac earlier today and you no longer need the j8 cables they now have a spacer to adapt the factory ebrake cables along with a routing guide.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just talked to Dynatrac earlier today and you no longer need the j8 cables they now have a spacer to adapt the factory ebrake cables along with a routing guide.

That's great to hear! Please post up pics of what all you get and what all is involved to install it :thumb:

g00se04

Thanks everybody for the help on this issue. I was missing this but Dynatrac sends your a routing guide for the factory ebrake cables and these spacers to make everything work.

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 8.45.13 PM.png

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You apparently don't need any more based on above but if anyone wants it the J8 cable part numbers are:

Left hand cable 56052970AE
Right hand cable 68002669AD

I'm putting in a set of prorock 60's on my jk and wondering how people are hooking up their ebrake. It seems the factory cable is to short to be used it its normal routing.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

You've got two options on this one. Attached are photos that will help, and a PDF with instructions we'll send via private message.

DSCN3531.jpg DSCN3532.jpg DSCN3533.jpg DSCN3534.jpg DSCN3536.jpg

The Cock Father

Very helpful, as I'm awaiting my Pr60/60 set. So, I'm guessing Dynatrac includes all sorts of helpful instructions for the swap? @Dynatrac is there anyway to get the PDFs before shipping so I can get everything in order?

Shopteach

Very helpful, as I'm awaiting my Pr60/60 set. So, I'm guessing Dynatrac includes all sorts of helpful instructions for the swap? @Dynatrac is there anyway to get the PDFs before shipping so I can get everything in order?

Nope. All that was included was warning tags on the axles. Dynatrac on here sent me the e-brake PDF immediately after I requested it:D

In the case extra instructions are required, we are always ready to give our customers extra help and information when they need it when installing our products. Either through the forums, social media, by email, or by phone.

The Cock Father

In the case extra instructions are required, we are always ready to give our customers extra help and information when they need it when installing our products. Either through the forums, social media, by email, or by phone.

Hmmm, well that may be me! I know what I need to do (for the most part), but getting everything set up correctly is my only concern.
Moving from stock 44s to the Hardcore set means I will have to adjust my control arms to allow for differences. I assume the track bar lengths will be the same since I already have brackets to compensate for my 3.5" lift.

Hmmm, well that may be me! I know what I need to do (for the most part), but getting everything set up correctly is my only concern.
Moving from stock 44s to the Hardcore set means I will have to adjust my control arms to allow for differences. I assume the track bar lengths will be the same since I already have brackets to compensate for my 3.5" lift.

Gotch ya! Private message us your email address, will send you the PDF.

mascmatt

Thanks to all who posted in this thread. I have UD 60's not Dynatrac but ran into the same parking brake issue and this really helped me.

jkugeza

Screenshot_20170617-202040.png do you have these e brake latches on the e brake side? Im also looking into this for my dana 60 rear. I think you use a dodge cable ill look for a part number

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

rockwell

Installed my hardcore 60's over the weekend. I have a 2 door and was unable to get enough length out of my E brake cables to run them like in the photos above. I ended up ordering the J8 cables that are longer (4 door length) and have the correct end so I don't have to use the Dynatrac spacers

The Cock Father

Installed my hardcore 60's over the weekend. I have a 2 door and was unable to get enough length out of my E brake cables to run them like in the photos above. I ended up ordering the J8 cables that are longer (4 door length) and have the correct end so I don't have to use the Dynatrac spacers

Interesting. Price? Part number?
Thanks!

Top Bottom