Rausch Creek Suds-n-Grub Wheeling Weekend 4/20-21/13

ninjaturtle13

So what is the total bill?

It was $300 including parts and labor and rotating my tires with my oil change. I got 5 oil changes for $60 so I bring it to the dealership for them. Now that's its warmer I'll do them myself again but with no garage I'm not freezing my ass off crawling under the jeep in winter.

Lane87

That's the one I looked at. I have placed it as my birthday request lol. It looks like a few simple bolts so I think we can do it ourselves.

it seems like an easy install but you have to install it first to make sure everything lines up correctly, then pull it off to paint or powder coat and reinstall..

ninjaturtle13

I also dented my frame as well lol. The mechanic asked Andrew "Do you baja or rock crawl?" And my rear diff cover is slightly bent as well. So I'll be investing in heavier duty ones of those as qell

ninjaturtle13

She does drive really fast through mud holes lol

C'mon that was like twice and I've been through those holes many times -.- rough crowd jeez lol. Also I watched everyone go through them first :D

FYI I didn't tear ass through any of those rocky watery ones. I'm not completely reckless and I do think I drive pretty slow except when needed to get up steep hills lol. Ok maybe I'm a little rough on my poor rubi

Drayko88

Her lil rubi is ok. It sounded a lot worse than it actually was on the phone when I talked to her. The rattling was a quick fix and the only concerns i had were the stabilizer and the tranny crossmember. I had them replace the stabilizer cause I didn't want her to be concerned driving it. It's got some good licks underneath but nothing majorly serious. I think we are definitly gonna invest in that poison spyder cross member lane posted (thanks for posting it) the top is flat but the bottom has a huge dent in it.

Napalm90

started cleaning the underside today after fixing the diff cover to not leak till I get the Covers wednesday. Dealership gets free over night shipping, my friend forgot to talk to the parts department so they are being ordered tomorrow. Gonna do everything tomorrow more tomorrow

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Glad to see it was nothing major after that almost trail break, sorry for not stopping sooner I didn't hear the horn. Deff learned how nice it is to have a cb day 1. Even being stock I couldn't believe what you did with no hesitation at all. Once that's lifted with tires nothing will stop you, next time I wanna see the other jk you guys have.

ninjaturtle13

Glad to see it was nothing major after that almost trail break, sorry for not stopping sooner I didn't hear the horn. Deff learned how nice it is to have a cb day 1. Even being stock I couldn't believe what you did with no hesitation at all. Once that's lifted with tires nothing will stop you, next time I wanna see the other jk you guys have.

Haha after getting my rubi home we crawled under his jeep to compare lol. It's so much better dent wise but much more reddish/rusty despite power washes after the beach. Once I have a lift and tires we're in real trouble lol. Although I show no hesitation this might be a wake up call for me :( the turtle is not quite as invincible as I'd like it to be in my head but on the bright side as funds are available it will be an armored turtle :D

Lane87

Haha after getting my rubi home we crawled under his jeep to compare lol. It's so much better dent wise but much more reddish/rusty despite power washes after the beach. Once I have a lift and tires we're in real trouble lol. Although I show no hesitation this might be a wake up call for me :( the turtle is not quite as invincible as I'd like it to be in my head but on the bright side as funds are available it will be an armored turtle :D

King Koopa or Bowser!?

Last edited:

Drayko88

Thanks. She has a great feel for the trails, she's a lot better than she gives herself credit for. As far as the other jk it's rather boring at the moment but hopefully will be a lot less boring after our wedding. I'm hoping to have it on a 3 inch lift and 35 trail grapplers ASAP, not gonna lie after seeing your jeep it kinda sealed the deal for me wanting the trail grapplers on my stock 17s. Really liked how they looked on yours. And we both need to grab Cbs too, like you said the communication would be so much easier.

Top Bottom