Reno Area New Years Day Run feeler

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
By freak accident my front axle clipped a rock and stood it upright directly into my oil pan, lifting the front of the jeep. It crushed in part of my pan, but didn't puncture it. After replacing it and adding skids is when I started running harder obstacles. And now to this day the only mark on my skid is at the very rear corner where I wouldn't have even hit the pan if the skid wasn't there. I couldn't duplicate the hit if I tried. So I think you will be just fine with good spotters and some common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More vulnerable, I think, are the transmission lines. I crawled under my friend’s 2015 JKUR and was surprised to see the lines pretty exposed.

Yup, on a 2012-up JK, totally this ^^^^

On a YJ, there shouldn't be any problems. :cool:

TRLJNKY

Well could someone be my spotter?[emoji38] I’ve never even used a spotter before actually.
As long as I can make it to the Mohave trip in San Clemente then I’m good🤙🏾

You do realize there are two different groups right? A local run for the Reno area and the big run that Eddie and Cindy are running. Id love to make the main run but I cant so this is our consolation prize [emoji1]

aka cavfighter

TRLJNKY

You can treat it as such sure 😁 would love to have you come join us before the big adventure.

aka cavfighter

WJCO

Meme King
Well could someone be my spotter?[emoji38] I’ve never even used a spotter before actually.
As long as I can make it to the Mohave trip in San Clemente then I’m good🤙🏾

When you wheel with a group, there is no shame in asking for a spotter. Also, in the tougher spots, most of the time someone is always willing to volunteer and spot for people. It's kind of like a code that everybody knows. It's way easier to pick a line while watching a jeep from the outside, rather than being the guy in the driver's seat.

Oreo_penguin536

Well it’s gonna be a prerun for me then 🤙🏾

That makes sense wjco about the spotter, that’s cool people offer to do that. Everyone who I used to wheel with it’s more of a fend for yourself at times[emoji23] no harshness intended just how it was lol

Brute

Hooked
Yeah I do just haven’t gotten around to checking where everything is at quite yet. I thought San Clemente is right near there?

San Clemente is about 1.5 hours southwest from Victorville (and 2 hours from Barstow)...I actually will be heading up to Victorville from San Clemente on Jan 5th...I'll buy you a beer.

Oreo_penguin536

I want to try and hit it all in one day and get to a hotel close by. I’ll have to run through maps and get my route planned out tonight or sometime this week.

Beer is always good[emoji38]

Brute

Hooked
If I didn't have business in LA before the 1st I would've liked to have joined you guys on this run on the way down...

Top Bottom