RETURN to COWBOY COUNTRY - Another Epic Off Road Adventure Across Northeastern Nevada

SilverBack775

When you get to paradise valley, you gotta keep going north to Hinkey Summit. Right after paradise the road will go gravel. Follow it all the way up and over Hinkey. Excellent trail and beautiful views. And also, there’s a Nevada show called Wild Nevada on PBS. Very cool show and they explore all of Nevada. Lots of episodes on there. Check that out also! So much to see and learn in Nevada and people have no idea. [emoji106]

Kirkwood1

Well I know my next adventure!!! Thank you for all the details and awesome photos!!! It would be cool to see like a map of the paths you take or something like that! I sure do appreciate the time you put into all this! I’d like to get in on some of these trips as well!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Amazing!!! You guys are so talented with media that I think you could make a trip to the mall look like an adventure we'd all like to join! :D But these locations, and the history... it's really incredible. This motivates me to do a better job documenting our adventures in Alaska!

All the "traffic" and "crowds" reminded me of life in Wyoming...

SilverBack775

Check out the story about Claude Dallas. The last outlaw that was living out on his own in Paradise Valley and also around Austin. The story took place back in the 80’s. He was trapping and killing out of season. Two game wardens went to check him out. Claude ended up shooting both. Then begin the manhunt. The finally got him and did some time and escaped prison. This time he ended up staying in prison. He eventually got out of prison which to this day is unbelievable. Some friends of mine say he’s back living in Paradise cowboying there. Ian Tyson the Canadian country singer wrote a song about him. Awesome song! I’ll share a pic of that. [emoji106]

tmcgean

Great Trip!

Another epic adventure in the books! We are so happy that you and Cindy could join us. And as always the two of you do an awesome job documenting the trips!!

Tona

Attachments

• Metropolis.jpg
    Metropolis.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

132JKPNW

After coming back home from being down in the Vegas area for almost a week, Cindy and I spent 2 days doing some laundry, paying some bills, changing the oil in our JL Wrangler and tidying up few loose ends before climbing back into our Jeep and hitting the road again. You see, even before we were scheduled to be home, we got a call from our good friend Jim, the owner of Dynatrac and he had asked if we might want to join him on an epic, week long trip across Northern Nevada. Of course, being that some of the places we'd be going to were also some of our favorite places in the whole state, there was no way we were gonna miss out on trip like this! The following photos and trip report highlight some of the fun we had and we hope you enjoy following our adventures.

Xhosa.

98XJ06LJ

Amazing trip through beautiful country!! I'm sure you are getting faster but it must take as long to edit and narrate the trip as you spent on the trip itself! We all live vicariously through you and Cindy. Thanks for the great chronology. Look forward to the next one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Awesome trip report. I love history and being able to travel it just as much playing on the rocks. It's what makes a Jeep so awesome. Thanks for sharing, and all of your travels are on my to do list, just might take awhile..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DH2002

As a history buff I thoroughly enjoyed this right up. It’s amazing the climate change from Flat open desert to mountains and trees. Great photos. As for that space between the fender and body I wonder if a bead of silicone would work.

Brute

Hooked
Another exploration adventure...hopefully you and Cindy will never lose interest in doing these trips...it's what makes life interesting

SirPhoenix

Awesome photos as usual!! I live right off the Lincoln Hwy in PA - west of Philadelphia. Tons of history... Waiting to see an east coast video and pictures from WAY!!!

mauijim

That was really cool. Love all the open range and the mountain roads. The history of everything was really interesting and loved all the pics. I’d love to go drive that route some day. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful trips with all of us.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing trip through beautiful country!! I'm sure you are getting faster but it must take as long to edit and narrate the trip as you spent on the trip itself! We all live vicariously through you and Cindy. Thanks for the great chronology. Look forward to the next one.

LOL!! I'm glad that you can appreciate the amount of time it takes to make a post like this or make the kind of videos that we do. Sad truth is, it seems to take longer today than ever and if only because we try harder to make them more thorough and complete than ever before :crazyeyes:

Thanks for sharing!Amazing trip report as always.

Glad you liked it :)

That's an awesome looking trip. I'm going to put that on my list of places to go. Great documentation!

If you can make it out that way, I think you'll really like it :)

Awesome trip report. I love history and being able to travel it just as much playing on the rocks. It's what makes a Jeep so awesome. Thanks for sharing, and all of your travels are on my to do list, just might take awhile..haha.

Exactly. It may not be for everyone but for us, exploring is just as much fun as rock crawling. :yup:

Top Bottom