Rock Hard 4x4 JK Sport Cage Installation Write-Up

So I received my R.H. Sports Cage last week and am very excited to get it painted and mounted. After test fitting the cage over the weekend, I noticed a gap in one of the welds on the drivers side window bar. I called R.H. this morning and spoke with James and in about 5 seconds, a new window bar is being sent... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Just though I would solidify what a great company R.H. is!

btw - ALL of the other welds great!!! I did very little slag/splatter clean up just because of my OCD.

rinkishjk

So I received my R.H. Sports Cage last week and am very excited to get it painted and mounted. After test fitting the cage over the weekend, I noticed a gap in one of the welds on the drivers side window bar. I called R.H. this morning and spoke with James and in about 5 seconds, a new window bar is being sent... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Just though I would solidify what a great company R.H. is!

btw - ALL of the other welds great!!! I did very little slag/splatter clean up just because of my OCD.

Good to hear. I think this is the cage I'll go with when that time comes.

OCD? You my friend may have CDO. But you're still my friend. 

Collateralized Debt Obligation :thinking:

Collaboration Data Objects :thinking:

Chief Development Office :thinking:

Care Delivery Organization :thinking:

Civil Defense Office :thinking:

Last edited:

H8MUD

Just read the install and definitely going with the RH cage. I have an sPod and was concerned that it would be in the way, but there's going to be plenty room so no problem. Just have to reinstall the A-pillar covers to hide the sPod wire loom.

Great write-up.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The part to the right of the glove compartment in the first pic with the holes in it, is that part of the cage? If it is, does it block part of the entry/exit into the jeep?

TIA.

If you are referring to the plate running down the side of the dash then no, it does not interfere with your ability to get in and out of the Jeep. Essentially, it takes the place of the removable side panels on the dash.

H8MUD

If you are referring to the plate running down the side of the dash then no, it does not interfere with your ability to get in and out of the Jeep. Essentially, it takes the place of the removable side panels on the dash.

Yes. Thanks.

texasdave

Has anyone tried to install the Shittybilt overhead G.E.A.R. setup on the overhead portion of the cage??? Just curious if it fit.

Has anyone tried to install the Shittybilt overhead G.E.A.R. setup on the overhead portion of the cage??? Just curious if it fit.

After rethinking my original response and looking at a pic of the G.E.A.R setup, I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
am i safe to assume Eddie and Cindy are still running this cage in both jeeps?
also after installing this kit or any kit that take place of the side panel how does everyone take the wiring from the engine compartment to the cab since you cant pop that panel out and thread it though the firewall?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
am i safe to assume Eddie and Cindy are still running this cage in both jeeps?
also after installing this kit or any kit that take place of the side panel how does everyone take the wiring from the engine compartment to the cab since you cant pop that panel out and thread it though the firewall?

Yes, they do. You can still fish wires through even with the cage.

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Yes, the do. You can still fish wires through even with the cage.

awesome! Thank Sharkey looks like i know which cage to go with now. also i will probably be ordering from northridge4X4; do you know of a quick reference that i can check out for a discount at all?

sean.m.adams33

awesome! Thank Sharkey looks like i know which cage to go with now. also i will probably be ordering from northridge4X4; do you know of a quick reference that i can check out for a discount at all?

I don't know if wayalife still works, if not "shark tank" will this weekend.

Top Bottom