Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

Yeah thats not Greg's Jeep, that's EVO1.

If it were Greg's Jeep it would have big dent's in the side from hitting that curb too hard at the mall. :cheesy:

After 23 pages on the full blown HTML site, or 45 pages on the iPad app, or 675 posts (this one), I just can't remember if I posted this of EVO1 from many years ago. Possibly the ultimate way to show off your new roof top tent

Just a few more mod's and I will look just like it. Oh, donuts sound goo too! :yup:

You do know that Wayolife and Bleedbeat are verifiable "photoshop experts", I smell a hoax here. There is no way a jeep (Moby) navigated that obstacle.....;)

Oh no, the truth is out :shock: And just when I thought we had the self-proclaimed overlanders convinced too :sigh:

Oh ya, I bet Moby cant do this.
how bout that MPG. lol wait mine cant either..:bleh::bleh:

pentastar-jk-mileage_zpsafdf49dd.jpg

Don't need to worry about MPG when we can just kick it in reindeer mode :D

attachment.php

Guys, I do believe that's EVO 1 from a long time ago, not Greg's Jeep.

Yup, that's EVOlander 1 :cheesy:

I have an Overland Jeep. Why?? Because I say so. To me its the type of terrain you want to encounter. I will almost always try to avoid rocks so I'm building my Jeep for lighter terrain. My Jeep will also have lighter protection in preparation for longer trips. This is my DD and also will need to be able to travel long distances and encounter many types of terrain. If large rocks are in the way, then I will go around or turn around. Overland to me means being able to encounter many types of terrain. IMO, rocks need very specific things to make it capable and to protect it.

I have an Overland Jeep. Why?? Because I say so. To me its the type of terrain you want to encounter. I will almost always try to avoid rocks so I'm building my Jeep for lighter terrain. My Jeep will also have lighter protection in preparation for longer trips. This is my DD and also will need to be able to travel long distances and encounter many types of terrain. If large rocks are in the way, then I will go around or turn around. Overland to me means being able to encounter many types of terrain. IMO, rocks need very specific things to make it capable and to protect it.

:thinking: this all sounds very contradictory :thinking:

:thinking: this all sounds very contradictory :thinking:

I never said other rigs couldn't do similar stuff. Actually I said that you need specific mods for the rocks which I know will never be able to or want to do. With those mods usually comes lots of weight which for me and my travels is and could be a detriment. I respect the people that run the rocks, but its just not my thing.

I never said other rigs couldn't do similar stuff. Actually I said that you need specific mods for the rocks which I know will never be able to or want to do. With those mods usually comes lots of weight which for me and my travels is and could be a detriment. I respect the people that run the rocks, but its just not my thing.

Interesting. Tell me more. How can building a rock ready rig be to the detriment of your overland rig?

But how is that detrimental? Am I missing your point?

Well, if I am traveling or just DD any extra weight is unnecessary. Not necessarily a problem on the trail, but for me 95% of my driving will be on road getting to the campsite or just work.

Well, if I am traveling or just DD any extra weight is unnecessary. Not necessarily a problem on the trail, but for me 95% of my driving will be on road getting to the campsite or just work.

I understand that but you said there was a distinction between the two and the rock crawler type build would be detrimental. I still don't see any detriment? How much weight are you talking a few hundred pounds?

I understand that but you said there was a distinction between the two and the rock crawler type build would be detrimental. I still don't see any detriment? How much weight are you talking a few hundred pounds?

Probably at least. I just have had other vehicles with skids and bumpers and winches and all of them it affected the handling which on a crappy handling vehicle out of the box like the JKU, I can't afford nor do I want those types of changes. So basically, IMO it can cause handling issues which is detrimental to my driving. That's all I'm saying. Everyone is different.

Top Bottom