rtguy1 Stretched JK in Progress Pics

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I too love my 4 door, but with that stretch it gives the 2dr a really unique and great look. I love what they did with Vengence. That thing is bad. I love how they were able to keep it lower too.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

rtguy1

Looking good rtguy! That's going to be one sweet ride! What size meats are you going to put on it?

WAYALIFE APP 
it's getting nitto trail grapplers 37"

I used to want to do this to my two door, I'm glad I went with a four door instead.. Just my opinion. Awesome setup tho!

U know what they say about opinions.....I'm glad u went four door as well, gotta be happy with your setup

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just got back from evo to check it out and I am very pleased. They are doing excellent work. Should be done next week sometime.

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
it's getting nitto trail grapplers 37"

U know what they say about opinions.....I'm glad u went four door as well, gotta be happy with your setup

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just got back from evo to check it out and I am very pleased. They are doing excellent work. Should be done next week sometime.

I apologize man, after reading my comment again I realize how stupid I sound. Sick build brotha! All I really meant is this is the only way a two door JK should be built. For my personal situation, a 4 door was a better route.

rtguy1

I apologize man, after reading my comment again I realize how stupid I sound. Sick build brotha! All I really meant is this is the only way a two door JK should be built. For my personal situation, a 4 door was a better route.

lol...no worries man. its about what works for YOU, simple as that. we all have our own needs and preferences.
thanks for the kind words though.

Prime8

Looking good! Even after cutting mine for the EVO corners and carrier, it still makes me cringe to see chopped sheet metal! Haha. Is this going to be the same setup that Vengeance had?

rtguy1

Looking good! Even after cutting mine for the EVO corners and carrier, it still makes me cringe to see chopped sheet metal! Haha. Is this going to be the same setup that Vengeance had?
Similar, but not the same. I'm not adding the couple inches of stretch up front, and I went with long arms and the high clearance bracketry evo offers. The rear will be stretched about the same distance though. Vengeance is lower than what this will be as well. I'm using 12" coil overs up front vs 10". I'm wanting to be as low as reasonably achievable and Mel is def on board with the idea. Kinda gotta wait and see...lol rear coil overs will be through the tub.

I really like to see a good picture where the rear swaybar is attached to frame or are you using an Antirock

It's not mounted yet, so no pics. I know there are pics of vengeance out there that show it mounted on the frame rails directly below the rear crossmember if that helps. When it's done I can snap a few pics for yah. I'm using stock sway bars. I actually bought a used rubi sway bar that I have been running on the front for a bit. I put the evo no limits manual disconnect on it which I think is great. No more red ants eating me up messing with jks discos:cheesy: I want to keep the handling tight on the street. I don't think anti rocks would be for me with my California driving style...lol

snopro

Banned
Similar, but not the same. I'm not adding the couple inches of stretch up front, and I went with long arms and the high clearance bracketry evo offers. The rear will be stretched about the same distance though. Vengeance is lower than what this will be as well. I'm using 12" coil overs up front vs 10". I'm wanting to be as low as reasonably achievable and Mel is def on board with the idea. Kinda gotta wait and see...lol rear coil overs will be through the tub.

It's not mounted yet, so no pics. I know there are pics of vengeance out there that show it mounted on the frame rails directly below the rear crossmember if that helps. When it's done I can snap a few pics for yah. I'm using stock sway bars. I actually bought a used rubi sway bar that I have been running on the front for a bit. I put the evo no limits manual disconnect on it which I think is great. No more red ants eating me up messing with jks discos:cheesy: I want to keep the handling tight on the street. I don't think anti rocks would be for me with my California driving style...lol

Yeah I had to ditch my currie antirock and that be great to see a few pics of the rear swaybar mounts. I'm on process of a home built stretch on mine using Evo rear bolt on coilover

Haha those dam red ants at miller! Hahahaha

rtguy1

figured i'd throw a few old pics in for those that were following. these are off the ore facebook. the tower pic was posted yesterday but i believe its from about a week or two ago. also shown are the Evo custom stretch longarms. These are sweet in person, the pic doesnt do em justice. The rig has the Evo high clearance brackets which move the mounts forward, while the axle is now around 12" farther back. These arms are loooonnnngggg. The lowers are 1/2" wall DOM tubing just like the ones on EVO1. Beefy to say the least.

Evo stretch skins View attachment 21433 View attachment 21434

Evo Stretch Coilover Tower
View attachment 21435

Last edited:

Prime8

I was curious as to where that tower was located in the vehicle.... Is it sticking up vertically through the tub in the rear?

Cali Cosmos

Looking good Matt! :thumb: Glad to see progress is still being made! :blush: Can't wait to see the finished product.

Top Bottom