rtguy1 Stretched JK in Progress Pics

LoPo

Caught the Bug
figured i'd throw a few old pics in for those that were following. these are off the ore facebook. the tower pic was posted yesterday but i believe its from about a week or two ago. also shown are the Evo custom stretch longarms. These are sweet in person, the pic doesnt do em justice. The rig has the Evo high clearance brackets which move the mounts forward, while the axle is now around 12" farther back. These arms are loooonnnngggg. The lowers are 1/2" wall DOM tubing just like the ones on EVO1. Beefy to say the least.

This thing is going to be so awesome! :thumb: So jealous.

I was curious as to where that tower was located in the vehicle.... Is it sticking up vertically through the tub in the rear?

Yes, the tower is angled a bit, but yes coming through the tub.

rtguy1

I was curious as to where that tower was located in the vehicle.... Is it sticking up vertically through the tub in the rear?

yep. this is thru the tub. the back seat still fits too....lol but i prob gonna toss it in the garage. this will allow for maximum articulation and the lowest possible ride height.

rtguy1

Looking good Matt! :thumb: Glad to see progress is still being made! :blush: Can't wait to see the finished product.

thanks! me too. did you get the tf kit and elkas installed yet?

This thing is going to be so awesome! :thumb: So jealous.

Yes, the tower is angled a bit, but yes coming through the tub.

yep thru the tub! thanks, but hey i'm jealous u got my steering box from dChew...lol :synister:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Looks that way from the pic. You can see the cutout for the OEM jack towards the bottom of the pick. You can also see the plastic circle clip for locking down the OEM cubby cover.

Edit: looks like I'm slow typing this morning. Lol.

rtguy1

Looks that way from the pic. You can see the cutout for the OEM jack towards the bottom of the pick. You can also see the plastic circle clip for locking down the OEM cubby cover.

Edit: looks like I'm slow typing this morning. Lol.

jesus christo!!! you have an eagle eye Sharkey!!!:rock:

Cali Cosmos

thanks! me too. did you get the tf kit and elkas installed yet?

No not yet! I've been super busying and I as much as I wanted to start I didn't want to spend my spring break this week without a Jeep. So I'll probably be starting next week. :yup:

rtguy1

LOL! Well, I'll trade you the steering box for your 2dr Jeep? :cheesy::cheesy:

lemme think on it:thinking: :bleh:

that box will save some downtime during install, as well as eliminate possibilty of:gaah: when drilling and tapping

rtguy1

WOW!! I'm ready to see this thing in action!!!!:standing wave:

well dont forget i signed up for the aug 19th run on the RUBICON!!!! :driving::yup::beer::wings:

edit: hopefully its done by then:cheesy:

Oh okay! I know some long arms the tank gets in the way lol

as far as i know there is no issue...lets hope it stays that way. vengeance did not require a new tank. they did relocate the fuel filler forward of the wheel well as seen in the pics of the new skins.

rtguy1

have this sitting in the garage too. the rear section is still in transit and then its off to powdercoat next week. have some body armor 4x4 trail doors hiding in the garage somewhere too. thinking about doing black chrome powdercoat on the cage...:thinking:

View attachment 21441

DanMojo82

Is that tower going to be closed off somehow? :thinking: I'm just picturing mud and all sorts of crap coming up through that hole into the back.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Hey wait a minute. I haven't sent it yet... :thinking:

True story. You can't fault me for trying... his rig is going to be sweet!, hell I'd go buy a brand new one to trade for his 2Dr JK. :clap2: :cheesy:

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
figured i'd throw a few old pics in for those that were following. these are off the ore facebook. the tower pic was posted yesterday but i believe its from about a week or two ago. also shown are the Evo custom stretch longarms. These are sweet in person, the pic doesnt do em justice. The rig has the Evo high clearance brackets which move the mounts forward, while the axle is now around 12" farther back. These arms are loooonnnngggg. The lowers are 1/2" wall DOM tubing just like the ones on EVO1. Beefy to say the least.

Evo stretch skins View attachment 21433 View attachment 21434

Evo Stretch Coilover Tower
View attachment 21435

WOW... This is going to be awesome. Love the Cage/Mounting Setup they built for the Coilovers.

Top Bottom