rtguy1 Stretched JK in Progress Pics

Just thought I'd toss an update in here. My rig is done, but I didn't take it.:shock: I'm having the enclosure for the EVO Coilover tower fabricated, a cover plate for the rear crossmember bumper area fabbed, and some custom mudflaps done by EVO. It will be done by next Friday.

I'd like to address some questions that were posted in here previously. The rig is approx 3" over stock up front and 2.5" out back with a stretch of approximately 11" putting me at a wheelbase of ~106.5 vs. stock 95.4" The coilovers are riding about midtravel giving me 5-6" uptravel even with airbumps all around:wings:.

The wiring for the lights shown in the picture was incomplete. It now is finished and no wires are exposed.

The rear trackbar is not as steep as it appears, has a custom drop bracket at the frameside, and at this ride height it needs no additional modifcation.

The Custom EVO sliders are now mounted and look and work great. They are at a custom angle which makes them perfect as both a step for the girl, and offer excellent protection for the rockers and the doors. They are also longer than normal 2door sliders to include the additional material of the stretch skins. A third mounting tab(not shown in the previous picture) has been fabbed and welded to the frame and upper control arm mount giving it a total of 3 mounting points all the way across. They are very solid.

I went for a ride with Mel in it and then took over. Mel proceeded to haul sack to prove its worth:eek: We hit several turns balls out and had no issues. We basically chirped the tires around several corners full throttle and had minimal roll. The coilovers and airbumps ate it up. I know the real test is offroad, but I'm just giving my short experience today. I am giving this information so you don't all flip over the next part.

I know I have been asked for pics of the rear swaybar, but I cannot provide anyhere since is no rear swaybar...:thankyou: Mel said if I really want it its no problem and he can mount it at any time no charge of course. After the high speed turns we were taking on pavement with full traction and minimal body roll, I really am going with Mel on this and don't see the need. If I dont like the feel disco'd up front while offroad I will have it installed.

Son of a bitch it is badass...dont know how I can wait another week after driving it, but I really dont want to take it home and have to surrender it again.:sigh:

Any ?'s I can try to answer for you all. Oh yeah. Mel took the liberty of insuring it was setup for an easy upgrade to 40's when the new Nitto Trail Grappler 40" is released(possibly around the next SEMA show).

Very nice. Congrats. I'd love to see this thing in person!

Just thought I'd toss an update in here. My rig is done, but I didn't take it.:shock: I'm having the enclosure for the EVO Coilover tower fabricated, a cover plate for the rear crossmember bumper area fabbed, and some custom mudflaps done by EVO. It will be done by next Friday.

I'd like to address some questions that were posted in here previously. The rig is approx 3" over stock up front and 2.5" out back with a stretch of approximately 11" putting me at a wheelbase of ~106.5 vs. stock 95.4" The coilovers are riding about midtravel giving me 5-6" uptravel even with airbumps all around:wings:.

The wiring for the lights shown in the picture was incomplete. It now is finished and no wires are exposed.

The rear trackbar is not as steep as it appears, has a custom drop bracket at the frameside, and at this ride height it needs no additional modifcation.

The Custom EVO sliders are now mounted and look and work great. They are at a custom angle which makes them perfect as both a step for the girl, and offer excellent protection for the rockers and the doors. They are also longer than normal 2door sliders to include the additional material of the stretch skins. A third mounting tab(not shown in the previous picture) has been fabbed and welded to the frame and upper control arm mount giving it a total of 3 mounting points all the way across. They are very solid.

I went for a ride with Mel in it and then took over. Mel proceeded to haul sack to prove its worth:eek: We hit several turns balls out and had no issues. We basically chirped the tires around several corners full throttle and had minimal roll. The coilovers and airbumps ate it up. I know the real test is offroad, but I'm just giving my short experience today. I am giving this information so you don't all flip over the next part.

I know I have been asked for pics of the rear swaybar, but I cannot provide anyhere since is no rear swaybar...:thankyou: Mel said if I really want it its no problem and he can mount it at any time no charge of course. After the high speed turns we were taking on pavement with full traction and minimal body roll, I really am going with Mel on this and don't see the need. If I dont like the feel disco'd up front while offroad I will have it installed.

Son of a bitch it is badass...dont know how I can wait another week after driving it, but I really dont want to take it home and have to surrender it again.:sigh:

Any ?'s I can try to answer for you all. Oh yeah. Mel took the liberty of insuring it was setup for an easy upgrade to 40's when the new Nitto Trail Grappler 40" is released(possibly around the next SEMA show).

WOW! sounds like one hell of a ride you had. i cant wait to see the pics of all the enclousures and whatnot when you finally get it back! im chomping at the bit to see it i can only imagine how bad your chomping to get it in your hands and try her out off road

I've always toy around in my head with the idea of stretching my two door, may be someday, good luck with your rig.. Very nice

Any updates?!

Picked it up last week. Had evo fab up an enclosure for the rear coilovers. May spice it up a bit myself and add some plexi glass so you can see the blue bling, although it would be a bear to keep clean. Also had them rig up some mudflaps to keep the law off me. I'm daily driving this thing so I want to avoid tickets. As lame as mudflaps look, I'd rather not deal with the police if possible. It will go in Friday for a retorque on the suspension components and a break in diff service. Rigged up a hardtop hoist over the weekend in the garage. Had some body armor trail doors but they didn't fit right. New set should be here tomorrow and ill get those on. Gonna try and mount my cb this weekend if I have time. Also waiting on a couple clamps from rockhard so I can get my cage to powdercoat. If they arrive today I can have it back by the weekend and maybe mess with that too.

Couple pics.
View attachment 26484View attachment 26482View attachment 26480View attachment 26479View attachment 26477View attachment 26476View attachment 26475

Such a mean rig! I might be wrong, but is the rear coil over towers welded (sealed) shut to the body?

If so, that is rad! :rock:

Such a mean rig! I might be wrong, but is the rear coil over towers welded (sealed) shut to the body?

If so, that is rad! :rock:

Thanks. The coilover tower itself is of course welded in to the frame. The cover for the tower is bolted in and sealed with rtv so it can be removed for maintanance.

My phone crapped out so I have to take pics with the iPad. I have an iPhone being delivered today and I will get some more pics that look a bit better....lol

I saw your rig sitting at the shop last friday when I went and picked up my stinger. Looks great man!

thanks. i guess that was you when i first rolled up to pick it up around 430ish on friday in a white 4runner. you were outside with a girl taking pics of the rigs or something. Jake told me who you were as you were pulling out...lol it looks even better now that it is clean and i have the top off. hopefully i will have my tube doors on before the weekend too. the thing was nasty filthy when i picked it up. the interior was coated in soot from sitting in their shop for 2+ months. dirt is one thing, but that soot from cutting, grinding, and welding is nasty.:icon_crazy:

Top Bottom