RubiCAT on STEROIDS - 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks awesome! Did you spray the ATX slab bolt tops with something to keep them from rusting? I noticed the threads were a bit rusty but the heads were pristine.

Nope, I think the rust you're seeing is more dirt than anything combined with maybe a little rust from the sleeves inside the wheels.

Are you running 5:38 gears with the 37" tires

Unfortunately, yes, that's what we were running. 5.13's is what we were running before and I wish we still were. With the 40's, the 5.38's are a much better fit.

t8er

This ^^^

I have Rubicat set at about 3.5" of lift but will need to do a lot of trimming to keep it at this height. Had to do the same with Moby.

If you trim Rubicats fenders etc can you post pictures. Just trying to figure out the best way to trim my 14 once the new control arms go on.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you trim Rubicats fenders etc can you post pictures. Just trying to figure out the best way to trim my 14 once the new control arms go on.

Rubicats fenders were trimmed three years ago. Do you live under a rock? :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll try to get some pics of what I had to do on Moby to make it work. Ultimately, it's what I'll be doing on Rubicat as well.

I know I had to trim the hell out of the pinch seams to get everything not to rub when flexed. I am set at about 3.5" lift also.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
We know it won't make that much of a difference since we are running 40s on a 44, but we are making a well needed upgrade just the same :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449968962.714999.jpg

Top Bottom