Rubicon Trail Oct 5-7

jdofmemi

Just checking in to see if you’re going to be able to join us. Looking to get an accurate count.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm in.

I am not sure yet how early I can get away on Friday, but will be at the trailhead by 8. I will send you a PM with my contact information.

I am very excited to be a part of this group for what should be a great trip. Thanks for the invite.

Looks like there was some rain this week, but it should be clear for us on the weekend. That should have the dust settled down a bit.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Well, I don't have any time the next couple of days so I packed yesterday.. Ready to go!!
Got my light remounted... Just in case IMG_20181003_103826483_TOP.jpg

I've got a little more room in the back IMG_20181003_103849184.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In the event you guys didn't already know, it snowed a bit up there yesterday and daytime temps are just getting up to the 50's. Also, there are still fire restrictions so it'll be cold at night. Aside from that, I hope you all have a good time :yup:

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
In the event you guys didn't already know, it snowed a bit up there yesterday and daytime temps are just getting up to the 50's. Also, there are still fire restrictions so it'll be cold at night. Aside from that, I hope you all have a good time :yup:

Thanks Eddie, I knew there was precipitation but I thought it was rain. It'll certainly make it interesting:brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, I knew there was precipitation but I thought it was rain. It'll certainly make it interesting:brows:

The snow was at the higher elevations. You'll most likely just see rain down on the Rubicon. My real point was that it'll be cold and that you should pack accordingly.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
The snow was at the higher elevations. You'll most likely just see rain down on the Rubicon. My real point was that it'll be cold and that you should pack accordingly.

Roger that, I definitely saw at least the forecast was for the 20's at night...

kpig

Going from 90s in Louisiana to 50s and colder. Love it. Thanks for the advice. Hope to see you up there sometime.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Here are the coordinates for our meeting spot. 39.00295, -120.31145

Let’s try to meet early so we can be aired down and on the trail as close to 8am as possible. Gonna be a long day of wheeling.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Probably too late as you guys started. Lol we started Thursday and it rained all day. Ruined our plans for old sluice and soup bowl. Still have it hell on soup bowl. We ran it in two days. But last night their seemed to have been clouds moving in. Like Eddie said, the sierras and northern Nevada weather can change in an instance. Hope you guys have a good time. [emoji1303]

Top Bottom