Let's Pick A Date

• Saturday June 9th , 2018

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saturday August 4, 2018

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Brute

Hooked
Dan, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss...please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I would still like to go on this trip...if anyone else is still interested, we can arrange for a plan B...I'm sitting at the airport in Seattle and will be back in Hawaii in a few days...

And Dan, if your plans allow you to get some trail time in, please let us know...we can just meet up somewhere in South Lake Tahoe area morning of the run...

A.J.

Dan, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss...please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I would still like to go on this trip...if anyone else is still interested, we can arrange for a plan B...I'm sitting at the airport in Seattle and will be back in Hawaii in a few days...

And Dan, if your plans allow you to get some trail time in, please let us know...we can just meet up somewhere in South Lake Tahoe area morning of the run...

Yes please. I would definitely still like to go. My wife and I already have time off from work. Willing to pitch in for a campsite or rental house if needed. Might be nice for door storage and a shower.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yes please. I would definitely still like to go. My wife and I already have time off from work. Willing to pitch in for a campsite or rental house if needed. Might be nice for door storage and a shower.

Count me in. I may have a line On a house in Carnelian Bay. Not sure how close that is to the trail though.

Astroman

Dan — my deepest sympathy for your loss. I just lost a loved one too and it’s difficult just getting on with life much less planning a Jeeping trip — condolences brother.

I too would like to still hold this trip. I cancelled my slot on the Rubicon Jeep Jamboree to do this and Fordyce the same week. We can all meet up at some pre-arranged location like any other club run - maybe dinner the night before to get the group together for a little socializing and coordination.

Brute

Hooked
Ok...it appears that there is still interest in this trip...I plan on getting into South Lake Tahoe a few days early to possibly fish. Here's a tentative plan: Meet at the Cold Water Brewery for dinner in SLT Sunday night 8/5; meet at the Motel 6 on Lake Tahoe Blvd 7:00 am Monday 8/6...I will rent a room here for 4 days to store doors etc...anyone wishing to store their doors can chip in for the room...then head to the trail head at Loon Lake via Ice House Rd; camp 1st night at Buck Lake; Tuesday 8/7 spend the night at Rubicon Springs...I will contact the caretaker at the Springs to make a reservation for camping (this week, I will need a head count, they don't take reservations after May 20th); Wed 8/8 run up Cadillac Hill and get off the trail by mid day...head back to Motel 6 to get doors. I know some of you need to get to Soda Springs to be near the staging area for the Fordyce run on Thursday 8/9...I intend to spend the night in South Lake Tahoe and can have dinner there with those who are hanging out an extra night. I'm going to Soda Springs Thur 8/9 to run Fordyce on Friday 8/10

When we get closer to August I'll email everyone with a more detailed itinerary...a hui hou.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Just an FYI for your Fordyce trip, that is Sierra Trek weekend. They run large groups through the entire trail both Thursday and again Friday. Plus Friday they do a river run so while one group runs all the way through, a second group runs from Meadow down to the river then back up ahead of the first group running straight through. It's a super long day on the trail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to do this to everyone but this trip is cancelled their has been a death in the family and my time is now going to be directed to that, if everyone would like to reschedule for another time i'm more then willing to do so.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just an FYI for your Fordyce trip, that is Sierra Trek weekend. They run large groups through the entire trail both Thursday and again Friday. Plus Friday they do a river run so while one group runs all the way through, a second group runs from Meadow down to the river then back up ahead of the first group running straight through. It's a super long day on the trail.

FYI, Brute is going with Sierra Trek.

Brute

Hooked

Yes, I know...several of us have registered for the Sierra Trek to run Fordyce

Ruvicon

I hate to do this to everyone but this trip is cancelled their has been a death in the family and my time is now going to be directed to that, if everyone would like to reschedule for another time i'm more then willing to do so.

Dan, so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Vic

Ruvicon

Ok...it appears that there is still interest in this trip...

When we get closer to August I'll email everyone with a more detailed itinerary...a hui hou.

I’m still wanting to go along with TDN333. Thanks for taking the lead and keeping us on track for an epic trip!!

Vic

Brute

Hooked
I'm thinking this might be an excellent opportunity for a Jet Li Rubicon Adventure video?...hint hint...

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ok...it appears that there is still interest in this trip...I plan on getting into South Lake Tahoe a few days early to possibly fish. Here's a tentative plan: Meet at the Cold Water Brewery for dinner in SLT Sunday night 8/5; meet at the Motel 6 on Lake Tahoe Blvd 7:00 am Monday 8/6...I will rent a room here for 4 days to store doors etc...anyone wishing to store their doors can chip in for the room...then head to the trail head at Loon Lake via Ice House Rd; camp 1st night at Buck Lake; Tuesday 8/7 spend the night at Rubicon Springs...I will contact the caretaker at the Springs to make a reservation for camping (this week, I will need a head count, they don't take reservations after May 20th); Wed 8/8 run up Cadillac Hill and get off the trail by mid day...head back to Motel 6 to get doors. I know some of you need to get to Soda Springs to be near the staging area for the Fordyce run on Thursday 8/9...I intend to spend the night in South Lake Tahoe and can have dinner there with those who are hanging out an extra night. I'm going to Soda Springs Thur 8/9 to run Fordyce on Friday 8/10

Count me in. Thanks for taking the lead on this.

Buster3479

Dan, I am so sorry for your loss.

My wife and I will still plan to attend the trip, and appreciate everyone who stepped up to continue it.

If there's anything we can do for Dan when we get across the country, please don't hesitate to message or ask.

Brute

Hooked
Just so we know...I believe the following are going on this trip:

Brute
Fiend
AJ
Astroman
Ruvicon
Buster3479

I have a confirmed reservation at Rubicon Springs for camping in the pines...camp fee is $15 per rig.

Although I won't be staying at Motel 6, it is about the cheapest room in SLT; hence why we will be stowing uppers/doors there if you want to share the cost of the room.

The only thing I would like to add to Dan's original minimum requirement is a rear locker; f & r lockers would be better, but a rear locker would suffice.

Those still going please pm me with your email and/or phone numbers...sometime in late May we can firm up the plan...there is still a lot of time before the run to finalize things.

BaddestCross

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss, Dan. 😢 If there's anything we can do, please let us know.

Brute: Even though I'm still not 100% certain I can make this trip, please keep me on the maybe list. I'll go as far as tossing in any camp fees that are necessary just in case I can make it work and if I can't, use it to buy some beer on me. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Brute

Hooked
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss, Dan. 😢 If there's anything we can do, please let us know.

Brute: Even though I'm still not 100% certain I can make this trip, please keep me on the maybe list. I'll go as far as tossing in any camp fees that are necessary just in case I can make it work and if I can't, use it to buy some beer on me. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

OK...hope you can make it. Don't worry about the camp fee, we don't pay it until we are at Rubicon Springs...

Top Bottom